Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Expanding Disney's Water Parks?

https://www.rapidswaterpark.com/index.cfm

I haven't been since the 90s and I live about 4 miles away :lol: Hard to justify paying almost $50 to get in when I have passes for TL, BB and Aquatica and could spend a weekend in Orlando for what I would have to pay for the whole family to get in :lol: They have added some cool slides over the years and I always have every intention of visiting I just never do. I dotn think there is all that much for the little toddler age group, they have a few small things for the kids, nothing like the kids area like Aquatica has though.

Thanks. Looks like it will be best if she is 36" and without shoes she is 35" She gets on 36" roller coasters barely with shoes, so it looks like we will be doing this next trip to west palm in either May or November of next year, depending on when we go to Hawaii and California (yes I know, way too many vacations in a year, we are VERY behind in using our timeshares and need to catch up now that we unfortunately can). They have only about 3 she can go on now, but at 36" it looks like she can get on around 15 slides, which will be worth it. Aquatica she won't even be able to get on that many at 36".

Thanks. Looks like it will be best if she is 36" and without shoes she is 35" She gets on 36" roller coasters barely with shoes, so it looks like we will be doing this next trip to west palm in either May or November of next year, depending on when we go to Hawaii and California (yes I know, way too many vacations in a year, we are VERY behind in using our timeshares and need to catch up now that we unfortunately can). They have only about 3 she can go on now, but at 36" it looks like she can get on around 15 slides, which will be worth it. Aquatica she won't even be able to get on that many at 36".

But at least Aquatica has that ginanormous water play fort :lol: Hows the kids area at Blizzard Beach? We took the kids to Typhoon Lagoon in May 2012 were a little hesitant back then and still a little afraid of all the water but they got over that and loved it.

The only things that they've added in recent years are Premium Seating with the Polar Patios at BB and the Beachcomber Shacks at TL. You would think that by charging a mere $300 per day for one of these that they would be more than willing to build some new attractions.

But at least Aquatica has that ginanormous water play fort :lol: Hows the kids area at Blizzard Beach? We took the kids to Typhoon Lagoon in May 2012 were a little hesitant back then and still a little afraid of all the water but they got over that and loved it.

I have not been to either, but I have heard they are pretty good for kids. Some people like them better than Aquatica and others like Aquatica better. The one person I talked to said she preferred aquatica because it was easier to get life vests and things like that. I personally want to try the Disney ones because they don't require life vests and my LO is not supposed to wear a life vest because it counteracts her ISR training where she can save her self. But from talking with locals, it is pretty split, so I think it would be worth a shot.

My daughter didn't like the water fort because the water was so cold, heck I didn't like it either because the water was so cold!!!! It was the coldest water in the entire park. She loved the other kid area though.

Hopefully someone who has been to the two Disney water parks can speak up and give more information on the kid areas.

Typhoon didnt require us to have the kids in the vest but Aquatica did. The first time we took Cassidy to Aquatica she was about 10 months old and they required her to wear one of those big bulky vest and she didnt like how bulky those were since they had the neck support float thing. Needless to say all we ended up doing was playing in the sand and at the edge of the wave pool for a few hours before heading out. TL we brought her in the lazy river and held on to her and she loved it.

Heres some shots I got form TL in the kids area. Its was really cool and had a lot of slides and rivers running thru the area for the kids to play in.

Cassidy Slide by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Jenn and Cassidy by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Jenn and Caydence by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Looks like a lot of fun. Will have to try it sometime. Yeah Aquatica requires it everywhere, but in the kiddie area where it is recommended. My daughter was not a fan of the life vest either. The only place I really agreed she needed it was in the rapids. I was the only one in the group without a life vest on the rapids. But I was glad it was only recommended in the kiddie area, because she enjoyed it MUCH better when she was there and didn't need the vest. The lifeguards at first gave us a look, but I said we were doing swim lessons (ISR) and they don't want her to have it. They then were fine with it in the kiddie area, plus they saw her swim and that we never left her side.

My boys are teens now but have grown up with the Disney waterparks. Honestly I think both are good for the little ones but if you have to choose one I would go with Typhoon lagoon. My kids loved the little kids area, the wave pool, and we could never get them out of the lazy river ride.