Seven Dwarfs in the Magic kingdom occupies 80,000 ft2, Fantasyland Theater alone in Disneyland takes up 65000, without even invading the Casey Jr. and Storybook Canal boat area. Pinocchio and Snow White together take up 20000, thats not huge, but a decent size D-ticket dark ride could definitely fit. Both Snow White and Pinocchio are severely unpopular, often with <100 people in line even on busy days.I don't think you are taking into account of footspace in size, Sawyer.
I do agree on Fantasyland Theater; as that's just prime real estate. And honestly, id rather have them tear up the swan lake and Autopia if that means giving a larger footprint for Disneyland Park.
Your absolulety correct on Beauty and the Beast, my bad. Some poor cauculations on my part. As for Fantasyland Theater, 1.56 acres is about 68,000 sq ft. (1 acre=43560 sq ft)I hate to burst a bubble on Snow White/Pinocchio, but..
View attachment 8601
View attachment 8602
If they were to bring the TDL Beauty and The Beast to DL in California, they'd need more space than just Pinocchio and Snow White.
They would need to take down Fantasy Faire and the buildings in Frontierland used for dining if they were to get a sizable footprint to the length of Beauty and The Beast from Tokyo.
Getting Fantasyland Theater taken down completely (along with the backstage buildings surrounding it), would get them to 1.56 acres (or in the case of square feet, 1,064 Square Feet).
My guess, and it's merely that, considering current rumors..
- Toontown Stays, with refurbs in color tones and styles to match a clone of Runaway Railway from DHS
- Fantasyland Theater is replaced by possibly a Fairytale Meet and Greet Hall (With overall quality of life improvements for the surrounding area)
- Autopia & Subs leave for expansion of both TL and FL, with Monorail receiving a massive shortening in track to ensure the project to work.
Better solution: put BatB where the expansion pad between Toontown and GE is, have the queue/exit go “beyond the berm” and have the Villians from the movie occupy where FLT is.Fantasyland Theater would be a much more realistic location for BatB. Even then it's a tight fit and the railroad would need to be reworked... again.
There's an underground fire road and train track blocking the Fantasyland area from the Galaxy's Edge expansion area. That would not work.Better solution: put BatB where the expansion pad between Toontown and GE is, have the queue/exit go “beyond the berm” and have the Villians from the movie occupy where FLT is.
Yeah same, doesn't make sense. Plus I don't know if it adds any capacity, just removes it.Yea I'm not buying it.
But, if it is true, I'l be getting my protest signs and and handcuffs ready so I can chain myself to the entrance of Pinocchio/Snow White when the time is right.
I heard they bought multiple flumes for Frozen and one is going to DL.Well, I was hoping we would hear an announcement about this, or at least a tease at D23. Alas, I guess GE underperforming probably put a halt to this. "Oh, you're not filthy rich to get in? No new FL for you!"
I like 1 & 2, but change 7 Dwarfs to a different property, and keep all the classics! I really love riding those old dark rides.If I were in charge of redoing Fantasyland, heres what I'd do
- Redo Matterhorn tracks so it doesn't break your back
- Tear out Fantasyland Theatre and Casey Jr., and build a new version of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train weaving through Storybook Land Canal Boats and back where the theater used to be.
- Tear out Pinocchio and Snow White and install a trackless Beauty and the Beast dark ride, similar to Tokyos Winnie the Pooh
- Tear out Mr. Toad and enlarge Peter Pan, similar to the Shanghai version.