Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantasyland 3.0

I don't think you are taking into account of footspace in size, Sawyer. :eek:O:

I do agree on Fantasyland Theater; as that's just prime real estate. And honestly, id rather have them tear up the swan lake and Autopia if that means giving a larger footprint for Disneyland Park.

Fantasyland Theater is a weird piece of real estate. It’s tucked in the corner and well-hidden. It could be a very popular piece of real estate if they put something with a big facade back there.

I don't think you are taking into account of footspace in size, Sawyer. :eek:O:

I do agree on Fantasyland Theater; as that's just prime real estate. And honestly, id rather have them tear up the swan lake and Autopia if that means giving a larger footprint for Disneyland Park.

Seven Dwarfs in the Magic kingdom occupies 80,000 ft2, Fantasyland Theater alone in Disneyland takes up 65000, without even invading the Casey Jr. and Storybook Canal boat area. Pinocchio and Snow White together take up 20000, thats not huge, but a decent size D-ticket dark ride could definitely fit. Both Snow White and Pinocchio are severely unpopular, often with <100 people in line even on busy days.

Cost wise Id liberally estimate about $200 milllion for the project: 70 for Mine Train, 70 for Beauty and the Beast ride, 50 for Peter Pan, and 10 for Matterhorn.

In terms of ride capacity, youd lose about 1600 people per hour from Snow White, Pinochio, and Casey Jr., and about 1800 from the theatre, although it is rarely filled. Youd gain about 4500 from the Dwarfs, Beauty and the Beast, and expanded Peter Pan.

I agree about Autopia and Swan Lake, I highly doubt Autopia or Toontown will last through 2025

I hate to burst a bubble on Snow White/Pinocchio, but..

upload_2018-12-28_20-35-30.png

upload_2018-12-28_20-37-19.png

If they were to bring the TDL Beauty and The Beast to DL in California, they'd need more space than just Pinocchio and Snow White.

They would need to take down Fantasy Faire and the buildings in Frontierland used for dining if they were to get a sizable footprint to the length of Beauty and The Beast from Tokyo.

Getting Fantasyland Theater taken down completely (along with the backstage buildings surrounding it), would get them to 1.56 acres (or in the case of square feet, 1,064 Square Feet).

My guess, and it's merely that, considering current rumors..

- Toontown Stays, with refurbs in color tones and styles to match a clone of Runaway Railway from DHS
- Fantasyland Theater is replaced by possibly a Fairytale Meet and Greet Hall (With overall quality of life improvements for the surrounding area)
- Autopia & Subs leave for expansion of both TL and FL, with Monorail receiving a massive shortening in track to ensure the project to work.

I hate to burst a bubble on Snow White/Pinocchio, but..

View attachment 8601

View attachment 8602

If they were to bring the TDL Beauty and The Beast to DL in California, they'd need more space than just Pinocchio and Snow White.

They would need to take down Fantasy Faire and the buildings in Frontierland used for dining if they were to get a sizable footprint to the length of Beauty and The Beast from Tokyo.

Getting Fantasyland Theater taken down completely (along with the backstage buildings surrounding it), would get them to 1.56 acres (or in the case of square feet, 1,064 Square Feet).

My guess, and it's merely that, considering current rumors..

- Toontown Stays, with refurbs in color tones and styles to match a clone of Runaway Railway from DHS
- Fantasyland Theater is replaced by possibly a Fairytale Meet and Greet Hall (With overall quality of life improvements for the surrounding area)
- Autopia & Subs leave for expansion of both TL and FL, with Monorail receiving a massive shortening in track to ensure the project to work.

Your absolulety correct on Beauty and the Beast, my bad. Some poor cauculations on my part. As for Fantasyland Theater, 1.56 acres is about 68,000 sq ft. (1 acre=43560 sq ft)

Screamscape is reporting a rumor that the massive BatB dark ride that is being built in TDL is being planned for Fantasyland here at DL.....at the expense of Snow White and Pinocchio. I would not be surprised (and would be ecstatic) if they planned on bringing the ride over here, but I'm calling BS on the location. (Yes, I know we just talked about this back in December).

First off, if you combined both of those rides and the restaurant, that's like around half as much space as it needs. It's still not enough space. Secondly, where are all of those people gonna line up to ride it? Third, I am baffled as to why they would want to scrap two rides for one even if capacity is a bit higher than those two rides combined. Last time I checked, TDA made Imagineering start over on the Avengers coaster because there wasn't enough capacity. They're gonna need more space to pack in those frustrated moms, angry Star Wars fanboys still bitter about The Last Jedi, and crying children after SW:GE opens. Finally, despite what Screamscape says, there totally is room to expand. Fantasyland theater? Space between SW:GE and the Theater? Autopia area? Even Casey Jr and Storybook boats?

If they're willing to keep Roger Rabbit and most of Toontown to add Runaway Railway, I don't see why they would get rid of two classic dark rides. They clearly would rather add capacity. Remember the rumor of SW:GE replacing Toon Town many moons ago? Or Runaway Railway replacing all of Toontown? The supposed location for the ride makes no sense at all. Although if this was the rumor for WDW, I would believe this.

My vote would be for the shortening of autopia as its massive footprint is just ridiculous for its barely mediocre experience. Granted this would require some monorail adjustments, like an overall refurb would hurt, but there is so much space over there it’s just ridiculous.

Save the expansion space between SWGE and theatre for the future but booooo to removing classic dark rides for one new be it incredible and would make me become an annual pass holder if it were to come(BatB is my favorite Disney film period) as autopia has been needing a shortening for far to long.

Every other Disney park has been shrinking their autopia’s or just down right removing them yet Disneyland still stands and not only is it still standing it is massively larger than its initial foot print. Don’t get rid of it just shorten. No ride lost and you gain an additional E ticket that may be the greatest thing imagineering has created yet.

Win Win!

Last edited:
Anyone else getting excited for D23 this year.

Feels like some major announcements are coming with several for the Disneyland resort which has me just giddy!

Could be totally wrong but feels like rumors are building around the Anaheim resort similar to all the rumors that began building for the WDW resort before D23 2017.

Just observations I’ve made.

Fantasyland Theater would be a much more realistic location for BatB. Even then it's a tight fit and the railroad would need to be reworked... again.
Better solution: put BatB where the expansion pad between Toontown and GE is, have the queue/exit go “beyond the berm” and have the Villians from the movie occupy where FLT is.

Yea I'm not buying it.

But, if it is true, I'l be getting my protest signs and and handcuffs ready so I can chain myself to the entrance of Pinocchio/Snow White when the time is right.

Yea I'm not buying it.

But, if it is true, I'l be getting my protest signs and and handcuffs ready so I can chain myself to the entrance of Pinocchio/Snow White when the time is right.

Yeah same, doesn't make sense. Plus I don't know if it adds any capacity, just removes it.

Well, I was hoping we would hear an announcement about this, or at least a tease at D23. Alas, I guess GE underperforming probably put a halt to this. "Oh, you're not filthy rich to get in? No new FL for you!"

Well, I was hoping we would hear an announcement about this, or at least a tease at D23. Alas, I guess GE underperforming probably put a halt to this. "Oh, you're not filthy rich to get in? No new FL for you!"

I heard they bought multiple flumes for Frozen and one is going to DL.

If I were in charge of redoing Fantasyland, heres what I'd do

1. Redo Matterhorn tracks so it doesn't break your back
  2. Tear out Fantasyland Theatre and Casey Jr., and build a new version of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train weaving through Storybook Land Canal Boats and back where the theater used to be.
  3. Tear out Pinocchio and Snow White and install a trackless Beauty and the Beast dark ride, similar to Tokyos Winnie the Pooh
  4. Tear out Mr. Toad and enlarge Peter Pan, similar to the Shanghai version.

I like 1 & 2, but change 7 Dwarfs to a different property, and keep all the classics! I really love riding those old dark rides.