Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantasyland 3.0

I'm confused, what do you mean by Fantasyland 3.0? Because Fantasyland never got NFL'ed, outside of updating environments and attractions to be more modern in the 80's.

(what I say next, are speculative and isn't with a knowing eye)

..Odds are, NFL will start after Marvel & DCA or the possible Runaway Railway port. It would make sense, especially as construction materials are being spread out, with Inside Out, the Parking Expansion in the west, Marvel's First Phase, and Galaxy's Edge taking a lot from them as it is.

As far as guesses..one would think they'd look to what they are doing overseas, particularly Paris and Tokyo, with maybe the Mine Train from Orlando/Shanghai being looked at for some capacity. And Frozen, Tangled, and Beauty and The Beasts in their own way's; can make money (and a lot of it depending on what IP it is).

Odd's are, if I was a guessing man..

- Frozen (Aerendale with a Dual-Load version of FEA and the HKDL Mine Train Coaster)
- Expanded Meet & Greet Hall for Princesses
- Gastons Village and Beast's Castle (A Toned Down version of what the Tokyo attraction is, with more screens & Be Our Guest)

I'm confused, what do you mean by Fantasyland 3.0? Because Fantasyland never got NFL'ed, outside of updating environments and attractions to be more modern in the 80's.

(what I say next, are speculative and isn't with a knowing eye)

..Odds are, NFL will start after Marvel & DCA or the possible Runaway Railway port. It would make sense, especially as construction materials are being spread out, with Inside Out, the Parking Expansion in the west, Marvel's First Phase, and Galaxy's Edge taking a lot from them as it is.

As far as guesses..one would think they'd look to what they are doing overseas, particularly Paris and Tokyo, with maybe the Mine Train from Orlando/Shanghai being looked at for some capacity. And Frozen, Tangled, and Beauty and The Beasts in their own way's; can make money (and a lot of it depending on what IP it is).

Odd's are, if I was a guessing man..

- Frozen (Aerendale with a Dual-Load version of FEA and the HKDL Mine Train Coaster)
- Expanded Meet & Greet Hall for Princesses
- Gastons Village and Beast's Castle (A Toned Down version of what the Tokyo attraction is, with more screens & Be Our Guest)

To be fair, the 1983 makeover of DL Fantasyland was called, "New Fantasyland" at the time. I would consider that Fantasyland 2.0 since it was a complete makeover of FL into a Bavarian Village of sorts.

Thus, it would be fair to call the next refurb/overhaul Fantasyland 3.0.

Anyways, from the choices that you listed, I'll take BOTB dark ride over Frozen and Tangles any day of the week. But, it would suck if our land was 'value-engineered." Give us the equivalent or better attraction.

Anyways, from the choices that you listed, I'll take BOTB dark ride over Frozen and Tangles any day of the week. But, it would suck if our land was 'value-engineered." Give us the equivalent or better attraction.

Considering the odds, I can't see them not value-engineer things to minimize costs.

I don't like it either, but I have the feeling that Disney is looking at money first. Especially, as they will need to repay for the over-spending that the 21CF merger will do.

Considering the odds, I can't see them not value-engineer things to minimize costs.

I don't like it either, but I have the feeling that Disney is looking at money first. Especially, as they will need to repay for the over-spending that the 21CF merger will do.

Well I'm thinking if they do a direct clone that it would save tons of $$$$. No need for value-engineering the attraction if millions would already be saved on R & D.

Well I'm thinking if they do a direct clone that it would save tons of $$$$. No need for value-engineering the attraction if millions would already be saved on R & D.

All that’s fine and good; except I can almost guarantee Tokyo will have exclusivity to that attraction for a good while. The only way they wouldn’t is if DIS ate a good portion of the R&D, which is highly unlikely.

All that’s fine and good; except I can almost guarantee Tokyo will have exclusivity to that attraction for a good while. The only way they wouldn’t is if DIS ate a good portion of the R&D, which is highly unlikely.
Idk, BatB was highly considered instead of Ratatouille for France, they just chose Rat bc it was the cheaper option.

Idk, BatB was highly considered instead of Ratatouille, they just chose Rat bc it was the cheaper option.

Wow. What a dumb move. BATB seems like leagues ahead from the Rat.

What do you think are the odds of DL getting BATB at some point in the future?

Wow. What a dumb move. BATB seems like leagues ahead from the Rat.

What do you think are the odds of DL getting BATB at some point in the future?
While I agree BatB will no doubt be a far better ride than the rather mediocre Ratatouille, Ratatouille is a far better thematic fit for the space than BatB would've been as it just would've been more princesses, turning World Showcase into a full blown Fantasyland 2.0.

I have no idea about Disneyland, but probably much more likely than WDW.

Let’s also not pretend BatB at WDW would have (and not cut) the same budget as OLC is willing to spend in Tokyo.

Thankful Tokyo got it because we know it’ll be done to the fullest.

Let’s also not pretend BatB at WDW would have (and not cut) the same budget as OLC is willing to spend in Tokyo.

Thankful Tokyo got it because we know it’ll be done to the fullest.

I would trust Disneyland to get the full version. As you said, WDW would cut it too much.

Is there more room in Fantasyland for expansion? I thought that everything behind Fantasyland was reserved for landing space for fireworks?

If I were in charge of redoing Fantasyland, heres what I'd do

1. Redo Matterhorn tracks so it doesn't break your back
  2. Tear out Fantasyland Theatre and Casey Jr., and build a new version of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train weaving through Storybook Land Canal Boats and back where the theater used to be.
  3. Tear out Pinocchio and Snow White and install a trackless Beauty and the Beast dark ride, similar to Tokyos Winnie the Pooh
  4. Tear out Mr. Toad and enlarge Peter Pan, similar to the Shanghai version.

If I were in charge of redoing Fantasyland, heres what I'd do

1. Redo Matterhorn tracks so it doesn't break your back
  2. Tear out Fantasyland Theatre and Casey Jr., and build a new version of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train weaving through Storybook Land Canal Boats and back where the theater used to be.
  3. Tear out Pinocchio and Snow White and install a trackless Beauty and the Beast dark ride, similar to Tokyos Winnie the Pooh
  4. Tear out Mr. Toad and enlarge Peter Pan, similar to the Shanghai version.

Dude might as well tear down the whole park.

:ban:

I am also if the unpopular opinion that Casey Jr and Storybook boats should be torn down. Too low capacity and waste of valueble space. Even Autopia as well.

“BuT wHaT aBoUt WaLt’S pArK?”

“As long as there’s imagination left in the world, DL will never be complete.” -Walt Disney.

If Walt were still around today, I’m pretty sure he would say, “Why the hell are those rides still around? This ain’t a museum!” I think he would still be surprised that and PotC are still up.