Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If that’s the case, wouldn’t the cars be facing the hill most of the time? Not very exciting, at least the way I’m imagining it.

If that’s the case, wouldn’t the cars be facing the hill most of the time? Not very exciting, at least the way I’m imagining it.

Depends on:
  1. What the coaster is doing at the time, people don't tend to scream for the entire.
  2. What they build beside/around the coaster ie tunnels or walls.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD BEGINS CONSTRUCTION ON ITS NEW ROLLER COASTER THEMED TO UNIVERSAL PICTURES’ ICONIC FAST & FURIOUS FILM FRANCHISE​

Breaking News | July 12, 2023
Universal City, California, July 12, 2023 – Buckle up…Universal Studios Hollywood announces construction will soon begin on its new roller coaster, themed to Universal Pictures’ blockbuster saga Fast & Furious as the world-class entertainment destination continues to elevate the guest experience.
Renowned for creating groundbreaking and imaginative rides and attractions inspired by today’s most compelling movie, television and digital game experiences, Universal Studios Hollywood will bring innovative and technological achievements never previously employed to this all-new thrill ride.
Equipped with a state-of-the-art ride system uniquely created to engulf guests within the dynamic Fast & Furious universe, this all-new roller coaster will benefit from Universal Destinations & Experiences’ decades-long expertise in revolutionizing the development of the contemporary roller coaster across its global theme park destinations.
The ride will join Universal Studios Hollywood’s slate of unprecedented, groundbreaking attractions, including the all-new, interactive and immersive land, “SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™,” featuring the critically-acclaimed “Mario Kart™: Bowser’s Challenge” ride; “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™,” which features “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” and “Flight of the Hippogriff™” rides, located adjacent to a bustling Hogsmeade village; “Jurassic World—The Ride”; Illumination’s “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash” and “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem”; Springfield U.S.A., hometown of America’s favorite TV family and “The Simpsons Ride™”; along with the signature, behind-the-scenes Studio Tour, offering guests a front row seat to an authentic movie and television production studio for an exclusive peek at original film sets that include Jupiter’s Claim from Jordan Peele’s NOPE and Courthouse Square from the Back to the Future films, as well as such experiential attractions as “Fast & Furious—Supercharged” and “King Kong 360 3D,” inspired by the blockbuster films.
The Fast & Furious saga is a phenomenon. For more than twenty years, the franchise has stoked passion in an ever-expanding audience and has earned more than $7 billion at the worldwide box office. Universal Pictures’ record-smashing, homegrown Fast & Furious films have become the studio’s most-profitable and longest-running franchise. Across social media platforms, the fan following for the movies and cast has grown into the biggest of any active franchise.
Stay tuned for updates.

Source: NBCUniversal Media Village

Interesting how most the comments online I’ve seen today are saying they are glad to have a coaster, but are not impressed with the IP chosen.

It kind of falls into the element of how Fast has been handled as a Theme Park IP, and how inadequate it really has been for a while.

I imagine things will shift once more can be properly seen.

Coaster Announcement
Universal Studios Hollywood has announced that construction will soon begin on a new Fast & Furious roller coaster.

Interesting how most the comments online I’ve seen today are saying they are glad to have a coaster, but are not impressed with the IP chosen.
I mean I've from the start not been a fan of the IP

F&F is a dying IP and very limited in many ways. Not much merch to sell, ride wise it's not that interesting of a setting (I mean look at west coast racers.....at six Flags we already have this theme at other parks)

The ride will do well, no idea as well as many on here think because I think us fans and general public have different wants. We will see if this coaster packs people in, I think it will do well but the hype will die within a year and become on par with Mummy/Jurassic on wait times.

Which many will say thats not bad, but I think with the right theme and IP you could make a similar coaster and draw even more people in

Reactions: Grabnar