Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can also point to the Movies box office and it's not going up but down.

I can also look at other announcements and see how you get WAY more engagement then this.

But won't matter the public will either come or not, we will have numbers and I will fully admit I'm wrong if this ride is always busy for years and draws in more guests then before. But my bet is this is just another ride added to the park, which with the switch of the IP to HTTYD, Potter, etc you would see wayyyyyyyy more people excited and show up.
661BF945-01C1-4FAE-94BE-F5826EC9823B.jpeg

I have seen so, so many people taking pictures with the Fast X vehicles. That's anecdotal evidence, too, but since they are literally just picture cars parked in a courtyard, I'd say that suggests there's an enthusiasm for the IP - you may just not be the core audience.

In any a case, it does not matter. We are talking about an enormous, thrilling coaster. It is going to be very popular no matter the IP they tie it to. It could be Dolittle's Thrilling Voyage and people would wait more than an hour for it. Come on.

I think there's a general fondness for the Fast franchise in the aggregate even if the recent films are not beloved. Same with the MCU versus Phase 4-whatever Phase it is now.

Welp what we all knew all along is finally official. And can someone please give Screamscape some props for digging this up in the first place!! As for the theme, I think it will be great. I think it will be a lot more immersive than people think. If you’re expecting west coast racers your expectations are in the toilet!! Can’t wait to watch this construction

The IP does nothing for me personally, it's boring, uninspired, and doesn't lend itself well to theme park attractions.

But this ride will be succesful and popular, because Roller Coasters usually are.

But man it would have been cool to have a DeLorean themed coaster car, while they blast the BttF score.

But I am sure many would say that IP is aged and the youngins' don't know it.

The IP does nothing for me personally, it's boring, uninspired, and doesn't lend itself well to theme park attractions.

But this ride will be succesful and popular, because Roller Coasters usually are.

But man it would have been cool to have a DeLorean themed coaster car, while they blast the BttF score.

But I am sure many would say that IP is aged and the youngins' don't know it.
Unfortunately, there’s kids who have no idea what back to the future is now :/
Kids as in 13-17 and even some 20 somethings.

Other than Jurassic Park and Despicable me name a bigger franchise that universal owns?? And both of those are already heavily represented at the parks. The fact that Fast X grossed over $700 million being the 10th movie in the franchise is still pretty incredible. Considering it is the 10th movie and they have been releasing them just about every couple years. If anything it’s over saturation. And let’s be honest furious 7 was the franchise high because of Paul Walkers death. He doesn’t die the movie never gets close to grossing over $1.5 billion, fast 8 was the hangover from that movie. Point is this franchise is still very popular and will most likely out gross Indiana Jones by double!!!

Reactions: TCox91
Can't wait for two years of this :rolleyes:

Honestly, probably just gonna unwatch this thread if we're not going to be able to even discuss the ride without notifications every day about how Universal is a bunch of morons for this, everyone explaining why they're not, and all of it being ignored for the hundredth time so the cycle can start over again a few days later. We've already had over one year of this head-banging, circular back-and-forth so far. I can't do another two.

Reactions: alias8703 and Hello
Precisely. I despise the Jurassic World franchise. I think it's straight up trash. But Velocicoaster slaps. It's a fast, thrilling coaster with dinosaurs. Again, easy win.
Agreed, I don't care whether the franchise is trash, all we care about is giving us a thrill of a lifetime, even if it means using the IP from a specific franchise.
Well uh, awkward as it is for me as someone who thinks they're fine, case in point. ^^''
That was like the Notes App version of announcements. :lmao:
It's certainly an evolution from when they sorta poked at their own "Nothing to see here" shtick in 2020 when paneling for SNW had already been sighted by then :lol::

Honestly, probably just gonna unwatch this thread if we're not going to be able to even discuss the ride without notifications every day about how Universal is a bunch of morons for this, everyone explaining why they're not, and all of it being ignored for the hundredth time so the cycle can start over again a few days later. We've already had over one year of this head-banging, circular back-and-forth so far. I can't do another two.
You leave your notifications on?

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor