Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is there any indication if things like Cocina across the walkway might be rethemed a bit to fit in with this? I think someone floated the idea of making either it or, perhaps, the Luigi's/Sud's location into a "family BBQ" style vibe to fit with the idea of eating "with the family," like most of the movies, which would be interesting; I never eat at Cocina, so seeing something new there get a shot would be welcome.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Did you take a poll? :lmao:
Just go on the ride and you 9/10 times hear someone say "I waited 30/60 mins....for that"

I think for the space it takes up its a great little coaster, with much much quicker loading then Gadgets Go coaster at Disneyland (same track layout)
I hope DK or something else comes before we lose the mummy because most people seem to love that ride

mummy has a 48” height requirement that ain’t no dang family coaster either man lol.
What is the the incredicoaster then because that ride feels like it's advertised at families and goes faster and has a loop

I guess its all in the eyes of the beholder but I think Mummy is a great family coaster, its max speed is 45 miles an hour and has no loops or big drops.

Is there any indication if things like Cocina across the walkway might be rethemed a bit to fit in with this? I think someone floated the idea of making either it or, perhaps, the Luigi's/Sud's location into a "family BBQ" style vibe to fit with the idea of eating "with the family," like most of the movies, which would be interesting; I never eat at Cocina, so seeing something new there get a shot would be welcome.
A good idea but a total building retheme might be off the table since it already matches the universal plaza theme attached to it. It’s also an option because the ride could use a food location, but, they’ll probably retheme the entire side of Springfield with the Duff Brewery and taco truck.

I'd argue it depends primarily on what exactly will be the architectural design of this attractions showbuilding and queue, because If they were smart: I'd argue they would continue the art deco/mission revival style seen so-far as an abandoned warehouse in downtown Hollywood.

Continues the thematic consistency, and it also allows them to blend it in if they wish.

They are missing a trick if this isn't sponsored by Corona.

Really not sure what type of food location they could introduce. Personally I like Cocina as it is, I think we are much more likely to see Butterfat & Suds replaced by something F&F linked. A Custom Gear store seems a given but I'd be down for a 'Family' BBQ place too.

They are missing a trick if this isn't sponsored by Corona.

Really not sure what type of food location they could introduce. Personally I like Cocina as it is, I think we are much more likely to see Butterfat & Suds replaced by something F&F linked. A Custom Gear store seems a given but I'd be down for a 'Family' BBQ place too.

I think for the most part, the food options they have is good. I would say incorporate Cocina Mexicana as part of the overall "area"; but maintain what is currently there with Fast touches.

Reactions: Jamesh22
mummy has a 48” height requirement that ain’t no dang family coaster either man lol.
Height requirement =/= thrill level. Both Hagrids and Iron Gwazi have 48 inch height requirements, but it's very, very clear which audience each is targeting. I haven't ridden the Mummy out in Hollywood, but I have plenty of experience with the one in Orlando and it's 100% a family coaster. Heck, I've done coasters with lower height requirements that are more thrilling than it.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I realize this is going in a different direction, but I don’t personally think either Mummy coaster qualifies as a “family” coaster. Though I’d also have to admit they’re not a full thrill coaster either. They’re sort of a gray area.

I unofficially categorize rides as novice, beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
  • Novice: Wacky worms and other obvious kiddie only coasters
  • Beginner/”Family”: Vekoma Roller Skaters, Jaguar, Pony Express
  • Intermediate: Mummy, Space Mountain, Incredicoaster, Ninja, Hagrid
  • Advanced: Velocicoaster, Xcelerator, Hangtime, X2, Goliath, Twisted Colossus
Obviously this is all pretty subjective, but the main point is I feel there’s a gray area between family coaster and thrill coaster that isn’t often recognized. They’re often the rides that preteens think are the greatest rides ever, but some adults find too intense.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Whether or not Mummy is a family coaster or not, I hope we can all agree at least that we'd rather see it stay even if DK comes as well if Universal is willing ot use Falls Lake and or redo the Simpsons area in 2028.

I'd like USH to have over 15 attractions at some point instead of playing musical chairs with which old attraction will leave for a new one