Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone think this coaster will lead to a redo/new ride of supercharged in Orlando?
Depends. A small coaster might be possible in that space, but nothing larger than the Supercharged building would be possible. It's boxed in by Hogwarts Express and Team Member facilities to the west, Diagon Alley to the north, the lake to the east, and Mummy to the south. Otherwise, I don't know what could replace it.

Depends. A small coaster might be possible in that space, but nothing larger than the Supercharged building would be possible. It's boxed in by Hogwarts Express and Team Member facilities to the west, Diagon Alley to the north, the lake to the east, and Mummy to the south. Otherwise, I don't know what could replace it.
On another thread on this forum mentioned some sort of "No Limit" USJ event coming to USF. A black box dark ride of sort to promote the latest Universal IP or speciality IP for this "No Limit" like even for USF could be an ideal fit for this spot.

Make it an indoor coaster like Mummy, featuring a small outdoor section like a loop or something lol

I’m surprised universal hasn’t considered doing an indoor spaghetti coaster like space mountain, cosmic rewind, rock n roller coaster, etc with a soundtrack and a tall building. They've been proven to be quite popular every time.

Reactions: alias8703
I realize this is going in a different direction, but I don’t personally think either Mummy coaster qualifies as a “family” coaster. Though I’d also have to admit they’re not a full thrill coaster either. They’re sort of a gray area.

I unofficially categorize rides as novice, beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
  • Novice: Wacky worms and other obvious kiddie only coasters
  • Beginner/”Family”: Vekoma Roller Skaters, Jaguar, Pony Express
  • Intermediate: Mummy, Space Mountain, Incredicoaster, Ninja, Hagrid
  • Advanced: Velocicoaster, Xcelerator, Hangtime, X2, Goliath, Twisted Colossus
Obviously this is all pretty subjective, but the main point is I feel there’s a gray area between family coaster and thrill coaster that isn’t often recognized. They’re often the rides that preteens think are the greatest rides ever, but some adults find too intense.
I think there's a space missing between intermediate and advanced. Something like Ghostrider or Gold Striker aren't intermediate coasters but they're totally not in the same category as Twisted Colossus or X2 in terms of intensity.

Also, I don't see Incredicoaster as a Intermediate. Its relatively tall, has a relatively intense launch and is pretty fast. Nothing particularly intense, but I don't think it belongs in the same category as Space Mountain.

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
From @HydraGen2299, they are playing with
dirt as progress continues.
IMG_5018.jpg
IMG_5014.jpg
IMG_5013.jpg

And in unfortunate news: the posters on Timeline Drive are now being disposed and rotting.
IMG_5015.jpg

It hurts to see those post just....on the ground. Makes me think the Universal City sign will also be taken down

Any idea on why tear out the posters? I'm just surprised since I thought they wouldn't intrude on wherever they plan to build.