Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ninja at SFMM! To me, it's part of what makes it endure.

But granted, there aren't many. Most parks are in pretty flat areas.
It’s a shame that it’s basically the only coaster at SFMM to utilize the terrain for its layout. I love Ninja and will be sad if that day comes they have to scrap it.

But when even SFMM barely uses it’s terrain to its advantage, USH is going to be able to really shine with this new coaster.

Huh, even that part of the tour wasn't well-liked? Then again I don't think I ever remember seeing it.

Trust me, if you had, you'd more than remember. I still can't see flashy sports cars around LA without hearing "Como le encanta la gasolina! Dame mas gasolina!" in the back of my head, all because of this one part of the Studio Tour. Once you've seen it, it's with you... forever.

I hope they find a use for the space for the tram, with the rumors of it shrinking....it would also be kinda cool if the collapsing bridge came back but thats a dream but always thought it would work well as a tie in with King Kong

Reactions: alias8703
I hope they find a use for the space for the tram, with the rumors of it shrinking....it would also be kinda cool if the collapsing bridge came back but thats a dream but always thought it would work well as a tie in with King Kong
I really miss the collapsing bridge. It was so simple but nonetheless a very fun segment on the tour. I would love for them to bring it back.

I actually wouldn't mind Kong being torn down to bring it back if that's what it takes.

I really miss the collapsing bridge. It was so simple but nonetheless a very fun segment on the tour. I would love for them to bring it back.

I actually wouldn't mind Kong being torn down to bring it back if that's what it takes.
I think if they wanted to...they could expand the King Kong theme and use up the whole area to make it a much more grand attractions over just 3D. Also if they can somehow use the mini skull island they used to have at the parting waters, we have a pretty cool little King Kong area

I think Kong is honestly fine as is. I’d much rather they diverted attention to adding a bigger effect to Jupiter’s Claim (though i know that ain’t happening) or retheming yknow that one tram tour stop

I think Kong is honestly fine as is. I’d much rather they diverted attention to adding a bigger effect to Jupiter’s Claim (though i know that ain’t happening) or retheming yknow that one tram tour stop
Honestly, I would loveeee them to shut the tram down for three months when they move it and make every area a little better. Jaws and JC both need a few upgrades, the KK stuff would be just for fun and since we are losing 15-30 mins of time because of how much shorter its rumored to be would not mind Kong getting a little love as well

Honestly, I would loveeee them to shut the tram down for three months when they move it and make every area a little better. Jaws and JC both need a few upgrades, the KK stuff would be just for fun and since we are losing 15-30 mins of time because of how much shorter its rumored to be would not mind Kong getting a little love as well
There is no reason to shut it down when they do TLC to each section individually. Park capacity nightmare. I also don’t foresee the tram tour getting that much shorter

Reactions: alias8703 and Freak
There is no reason to shut it down when they do TLC to each section individually. Park capacity nightmare. I also don’t foresee the tram tour getting that much shorter
How can it stay as long without falls lake/FF ending/Movie hill with all the posters?

How can it stay as long without falls lake/FF ending/Movie hill with all the posters?
I think that’s 9 or 10 minutes including NOPE looking at a POV, which isn’t too significant and certainly not half the tours worth. I think someone mentioned a while back they’d also be adding a section in the Creative Campus? That should help. Wouldn’t shock me if they add a new tram tour segment to coincide with the relocation to make it exciting but that’s total speculation on my part

Universal Core (so take this with a grain of salt) is claiming that Comcast is aiming for the Fast and Furious coaster to open Q4 2024 and have Supercharged at Hollywood go down around the same time. Does any of this check out to you guys? I think Supercharged going down could be legit considering how Universal wants to cut out parts of the studios tour for theme park expansion. And if the Q4 2024 opening is legit, I assume 2025 will be an off year for a new attraction or that is the year we get that new DWT film.

Reactions: shiekra38
I would recommend this as well
The coaster opening in the latter part of 2024 has some merit considering they haven't even started the demo work on SES and AA. Maybe we will get two new things in 2024. A new DWT film in summer and the F&F Coaster in fall/winter 2024.

Reactions: Freak
If that Fast and Furious coaster opens around the same time HHN starts, those crowds aren’t gonna be pretty. Or it could work in our favor where the lines for the houses may be shorter due to everyone wanting to go on the coaster.

Fingers crossed on the latter. Considering how many people I see year in and year out waste their Early Entry by going straight to Mummy once they hit the Lower Lot only to be shocked that mazes like the Weeknd suddenly have a 2-hour wait by the time they're off it that they could've avoided, F&F is gonna be a big draw in siphoning away people before they even approach the Starway!

(Also, I wouldn't put it past Murdy to plop a scare zone nearby called Street RacerZ or something, with undead drivers or mutated mechanics or something, but I'll leave that for the inevitable HHN '24 prediction thread.)

Does it seem weird to anyone else that after over a month it seems that virtually no work has been done to the animal actor stage and special effects theater? Now today it comes out that Production Central has reopened…. Is this project in jeopardy of not happening!?!?

Reactions: BriefCasey