Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does it seem weird to anyone else that after over a month it seems that virtually no work has been done to the animal actor stage and special effects theater? Now today it comes out that Production Central has reopened…. Is this project in jeopardy of not happening!?!?
Coasters can go up and be completed faster than say a fairly large scale dark ride. So maybe they don't feel a need to move on it yet

Them waiting until after SNW opened makes some sense but then why not just keep them open until end of February for the big SNW crowds and then go full bore on construction starting March 1st…. Maybe they are doing some serious internal gutting that we just can’t see.

Them waiting until after SNW opened makes some sense but then why not just keep them open until end of February for the big SNW crowds and then go full bore on construction starting March 1st…. Maybe they are doing some serious internal gutting that we just can’t see.
I said this earlier in the thread, but they most likely wanted to have a fairly generous amount of time to strip the buildings of all technical assets they want to reuse before the demo workers show up. All of that sound and lighting equipment, rigging and whatnot isn’t cheap. Maybe it’s taking a bit longer than we think as they wanted to divert all of their focus into prepping the heavily-marketed new land before starting construction on this and have plenty of time to take what they need. Give them another few weeks or a month. Summer next year is still doable for now.

Are you sure that Production Central reopened within USH proper or could it be a mixup in discussing the new Production Central location in Citywalk?

I believe I saw some pics floating around on twitter that confirmed it is indeed the one in the park. Seemed to be selling discounted merch.

It opened on Friday but it doesn’t open with the park. I think around 11am
I assumed but they had people feet in front of it with signs saying ask us questions and they said it was closed....forever...lol

I mean its not the CM fault but man management needs to have better Memo's when sites and Facebook provide more info then the people on site.

I assumed but they had people feet in front of it with signs saying ask us questions and they said it was closed....forever...lol

I mean its not the CM fault but man management needs to have better Memo's when sites and Facebook provide more info then the people on site.
they probably changed their mind. lol

I wonder if weather pushed this back. Toontown got pushed back a week or two, maybe USH just stopped construction until the rain is over

Reactions: BriefCasey
FWIW I still saw some lifts and equipment inside the SES building yesterday. Likely means they’re still getting some technical assets in there they need to save.

I’m not gonna sweat it. As long as the coaster opens next year I’ll be happy. It’s not as simple as throwing the wrecking ball down the moment the shows close. I’m getting flashbacks to the “Why don’t they start working on DK NAAAAOOOOWWW????” discussions.