Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently it’s just a little shorter in tracklength than VelociCoaster,.
That's linear feet of the layout, not the actual track length
This person is predicting it might be the best roller coaster on the West coast, maybe even better than VelociCoaster.
Video provides a thorough break down of the leaked layout plans.

That person is the click bait of the coaster realm. Makes these outlandish "predictions" like telling his followers that Starfall racers is one long track lol. In other words, that person is a joke.

4 Launches? I could see see 2 ( the initial launch and a launch at the bottom of the hillside) since it should pick up speed as it traverses the hillside but will a layout length shorter than VC, I think 4 launches will be overkill.

Anyone else get the feeling that the “drifting” aka spinning aspect that was rumored has been scrapped along with the spike? I just don’t see this being a spinner
The spinning is an integral part of making this coaster work, as it’s meant to turn guests towards sound barriers and away from stages and neighbors. I’d be surprised if they scrapped it

Do we think there will be onboard audio during the ride? If so, will it be music? Dom's team communicating with us over radio? Just sounds of engines racing and rubber squealing when we make the turns and the sound of NOS being initiated?

Reactions: alias8703
Do we think there will be onboard audio during the ride? If so, will it be music? Dom's team communicating with us over radio? Just sounds of engines racing and rubber squealing when we make the turns and the sound of NOS being initiated?
Theory: that pic I posted a page ago that showed Ludacris in front of Supercharged is him being filmed announcing the roller coaster and that it will feature his music.

Reactions: joerodriguez
Theory: that pic I posted a page ago that showed Ludacris in front of Supercharged is him being filmed announcing the roller coaster and that it will feature his music.
The movies don’t even feature his music, lol.

4 Launches? I could see see 2 ( the initial launch and a launch at the bottom of the hillside) since it should pick up speed as it traverses the hillside but will a layout length shorter than VC, I think 4 launches will be overkill.
Been thinking on that, but assuming if ParkFans is right, they might be forced to have the four for the sake of boosting and increasing the momentum of the vehicles as the trains traverse past the MCBR. That way, they can make sure that the ride can move as it is best suited towards.

Especially for as the ride does the elements such as the inverted stall, so that way they could guarantee that the hangtime would remain consistent and at the proper speeds for each vehicle as it goes uphill.

Been thinking on that, but assuming if ParkFans is right, they might be forced to have the four for the sake of boosting and increasing the momentum of the vehicles as the trains traverse past the MCBR. That way, they can make sure that the ride can move as it is best suited towards.

Especially for as the ride does the elements such as the inverted stall, so that way they could guarantee that the hangtime would remain consistent and at the proper speeds for each vehicle as it goes uphill.

Having 4 launches is also an effective way of getting a lot of blocks on the ride without slowing the pace of the ride down.

Based on what has leaked, and if the trains are 4 car trains, it looks like each side of the dual station will have a separate load and unload. So this ride should be dispatching trains pretty quick.

Obviously, there will onboard audio to this due to the story involved, it's not like it's your average Six Flags ride lol.

Having 4 launches is also an effective way of getting a lot of blocks on the ride without slowing the pace of the ride down.

Based on what has leaked, and if the trains are 4 car trains, it looks like each side of the dual station will have a separate load and unload. So this ride should be dispatching trains pretty quick.
If Hollywood Drift is as much of a beast in capacity as Velocicoaster is, the big question that'd come down is how they manage queue flow.

Obviously, there will onboard audio to this due to the story involved, it's not like it's your average Six Flags ride lol.

It'll be a true ride, when it has our national USH anthem: Gasolina.

If Hollywood Drift is as much of a beast in capacity as Velocicoaster is, the big question that'd come down is how they manage queue flow.

It'll be a true ride, when it has our national USH anthem: Gasolina.

They are going to have to be very creative with this ride if they want a large queue, two-sided lockers, and metal detectors in this space. Which is why I think the ride is going to be using Virtual Queue during peak demand.

Just to tamp down expectations, I don't believe this coaster will have on board audio. That's not really a thing with Intamin launch coasters.

Just sayin'.

Unless of course, they are built by Universal...

Velocicoaster would like to have a word.

Just to tamp down expectations, I don't believe this coaster will have on board audio. That's not really a thing with Intamin launch coasters.

Just sayin'.

I think it depends.

If it's going to be a custom version of the special type coaster's like Hagrids mixed with the Intamin Blitz, then I think there is absolute sense to have it (but I think there could be equal doubt to it, due to how it might affect noise bleed. Which, would be a major thing to factor for a ride system that seems critically designed to be pointed to methods and means of dampening and reducing the noise bleed).

Or if to atleast have some means of a sound system to mimick the sounds of the "drifting" and nitro boosting. (EDIT: It's also great to see you posting around here again~)

Last edited: