Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 268 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
March 29, 2018 and still no opening date?
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Marketing early screening is showing there is in fact no excitement over this clone.

They are revamping the marketing campaign to make it Super-SuperCharged!

(Joke)

Reactions: krazykat
I'm assuming they're trying to avoid recent opening issues where the ride is "open" but basically not working 50% of the day like Gringotts and Kong but honestly, that just sort of goes with the territory of major theme park rides right? I mean, I was one of those people who waited 4 hours for Gringotts back in 2014 but I was happy it was "open" even with all the technical problems. No amount of testing truly prepares the ride for real-world conditions anyway. Just open this already so we can REALLY mock it freely without people saying, "but it isn't even open!" Or surprise us with something that isn't an abomination. Either way, it's enough already with the painfully slow peeling back of this scabby band-aid

I'm assuming they're trying to avoid recent opening issues where the ride is "open" but basically not working 50% of the day like Gringotts and Kong but honestly, that just sort of goes with the territory of major theme park rides right? I mean, I was one of those people who waited 4 hours for Gringotts back in 2014 but I was happy it was "open" even with all the technical problems. No amount of testing truly prepares the ride for real-world conditions anyway. Just open this already so we can REALLY mock it freely without people saying, "but it isn't even open!" Or surprise us with something that isn't an abomination. Either way, it's enough already with the painfully slow peeling back of this scabby band-aid
yeah, seriously. I imagine even the GP are like, "why is there a huge brick warehouse backstage??"

What do you believe the facade should have been for F&F?

To be fair I don't have an issue with the facade actually. My issue is with that sneak peak twitter video showing the inside. It's ugly as sin and lacks detail. There are ways to do "ugly and industrial" better than this. From the looks of it, the loading area for the ride looks great so I guess there is hope but the giant holding area looks truly ridiculous to me in that short video.

Last edited:
Sewer was a good point of the original ride design for SLoP ;)
From what I understand about SLOP, it had sewer sequences in the ride itself. It wasn't literally, "stand around in a perfect recreation of an actual sewer to wait for the ride." If we were zooming through an industrial warehouse ON this ride and not standing around in it staring at fake cars I'd be fine with it.

To be fair I don't have an issue with the facade actually. My issue is with that sneak peak twitter video showing the inside. It's ugly as sin and lacks detail. There are ways to do "ugly and industrial" better than this. From the looks of it, the loading area for the ride look great so I guess there is hope but the giant holding area looks truly ridiculous to me in that short video.
Yes, the inside is a bit lackluster from what we've seen

I personally feel the outside looks great...Much better than the Beetleguise theater that was there before

Yea no. Give it another few weeks. Ride is not having the best of luck.
hqdefault.jpg

Here's a video from inside the queue/waiting area thing:

Looks like it did in the concept art, but with only more cars than before that.

I think it's going to be a crowdpleaser for car enthusiasts in the queue, a crowdpleaser for kids that are in love with the franchise (but not large enough for an attraction on the scale of Mummy or TT), and a walking plague for Locals and the communities of all kinds.

March 29, 2018 and still no opening date?
hqdefault.jpg

While I would be angry too, it isn't the first time that a theme park has held their chest close on an opening to a long point of time.