Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 274 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, and in the T2 thread I've talked about how incredibly odd that is particularly because no one is planning a trip around an action stunt show based on an IP no one cares about anyway so why not just announce it already? It's all part of the current odd behavior we're talking about.

Which is, again, nothing new...

Transformers was in the middle of construction when they announced it during the night show.

Diagon Alley was officially announced almost a year after Jaws closed.

Simpsons was way under construction before we got a look at the concept art.

In 2016 they opened Kong, Hulk, and Sapphire.
In 2017 they opened Volcano Bay, the Cabana Bay expansion, and Fallon
In 2018 they are opening F&F and Aventura.
In 2019, they are opening Potter Coaster, at least one of the WNW Hotels, the the T2 replacement.

I'm not seeing why there is so much doom and gloom. They are on the pace they have been since the days they everyone was talking about how much they are doing. Is this just because Disney came out and said they are going to open a bunch of stuff in the 2019-2022 range?
Yes....As you said, there's no need for panic. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter a whole lot if the attraction opens a couple of months early, or a couple of months late. Universal has a lot on their plate, and has delivered a lot since 2010. And openings, on major theme park attractions, nearly always include some rough edges....Really, it's no big deal....And Universal isn't going to make official announcements to satisfy the wants of the very small Universal internet fan community. They'll do it as it best fits for their marketing purposes.....And to add, Springfield was open for a few weeks before they even advertised it.

In 2016 they opened Kong, Hulk, and Sapphire.
In 2017 they opened Volcano Bay, the Cabana Bay expansion, and Fallon
In 2018 they are opening F&F and Aventura.
In 2019, they are opening Potter Coaster, at least one of the WNW Hotels, the the T2 replacement.

I'm not seeing why there is so much doom and gloom. They are on the pace they have been since the days they everyone was talking about how much they are doing. Is this just because Disney came out and said they are going to open a bunch of stuff in the 2019-2022 range?

It's certainly not "doom and gloom" for me- but it's disheartening and a mass departure. While "thru 2019" doesn't seem terrible (thanks to potter)- it's the fact nothing else is on the Horizon.

2016 was the pinnacle for me- you had Sapphire Kong and Hulk opening (lets not forget Toothsome)- but just as importantly- you had VB, Fallon and F&F all well into construction set to open in 2017. Over the top incredible.
The future was extremely bright- to the point I thought "If this is what's happening now- and all of that in the future- what are they going to to open in 2018? And what else could they start building in 2017 or 2018?". And here we sit.

Tons of ideas/rumors/potential, but the construction just isn't happening. 2018 would literally have nothing if it weren't for them pushing F&F back... And that's why they did it- knowing they had nothing for 2018. Now why they had nothing could certainly be change of plans- but it is what it is at this point. What we see is what we're getting.

And in the meantime, land is getting cleared all over WDW. And that's the part that's equally as frustrating for a UOR fan like myself. UOR had unprecedented momentum, were going 100mph, and now they've throttled down like they're in a school zone.

The USF show is a good add- I have to think they rushed that knowing how they've slowed their pace. They just need one more add- it doesn't have to be major- but something to tide us over and keep momentum. Is JP that? We'll see.

Last edited:
Well the reason of WDW clearing land all over is thanks to UO. Because they felt the heat. But many projects will be open after 2021, so the murder of many tree might be awesome for some, but now you wait.
Besides give a break to UO, they have a 4th park to think about and so on. WDW is still trying to build rides in their current parks, since there has been a lack of it since..... ever?

It's certainly not "doom and gloom" for me- but it's disheartening and a mass departure. While "thru 2019" doesn't seem terrible (thanks to potter)- it's the fact nothing else is on the Horizon.

2016 was the pinnacle for me- you had Sapphire Kong and Hulk opening (lets not forget Toothsome)- but just as importantly- you had VB, Fallon and F&F all well into construction set to open in 2017. Over the top incredible.
The future was extremely bright- to the point I thought "If this is what's happening now- and all of that in the future- what are they going to to open in 2018? And what else could they start building in 2017 or 2018?". And here we sit.

Tons of ideas/rumors/potential, but the construction just isn't happening. 2018 would literally have nothing if it weren't for them pushing F&F back... And that's why they did it- knowing they had nothing for 2018. Now why they had nothing could certainly be change of plans- but it is what it is at this point. What we see is what we're getting.

And in the meantime, land is getting cleared all over WDW. And that's the part that's equally as frustrating for a UOR fan like myself. UOR had unprecedented momentum, were going 100mph, and now they've throttled down like they're in a school zone.

The USF show is a good add- I have to think they rushed that knowing how they've slowed their pace. They just need one more add- it doesn't have to be major- but something to tide us over and keep momentum. Is JP that? We'll see.

Ummm....Nintendo World?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Just because they haven't announced anything doesn't mean they have throttled down.

They did do a major change of course last August, and it did cause a speed bump in a few projects but that's because they are going huge. Patience will be rewarded.

Ummm....Nintendo World?

When is it opening?
Let me rephrase.
When is construction starting?
Heck- Let me rephrase again.
What park is it going into?

SNW is going to be insane. Can't wait. But hard to get excited about something that no one has a clue when or even where it's going. It could, very easily, be 5+ years away. I'll be in my 40s.

Just because they haven't announced anything doesn't mean they have throttled down.

They did do a major change of course last August, and it did cause a speed bump in a few projects but that's because they are going huge. Patience will be rewarded.

No doubt Dave. And any frustration is simply due to the bar that Universal, itself, set. Still love them- the shift was just very jarring. But I do believe they throttled down- F&F being pushed off is evidence. They may be doing the same things- just in different places- but if everything got pushed back 2+ years, then we're just calling the same thing different. You say "speed bump" and I say throttling down. Your choice of words is more accurate. :)

When is it opening?
Let me rephrase.

SNW is going to be insane. Can't wait. But hard to get excited about something that no one has a clue when or even where it's going. It could, very easily, be 5+ years away. I'll be in my 40s.

Are we, or are we not going to count other projects that Universal Creative is responsible of doing right now?

I think it's safe to ask this, when do we get to the point of creating a thread about this? Because while I love talking about things that aren't F&F, it's become almost of a habit to see the thread get derailed way too easily.

Reactions: Andysol
When is it opening?
Let me rephrase.

No doubt Dave. And any frustration is simply due to the bar that Universal, itself, set. Still love them- the shift was just very jarring. But I do believe they throttled down- F&F being pushed off is evidence. They may be doing the same things- just in different places- but if everything got pushed back 1+ years, that's the definition of slowing down. :)

I turn 40 this year, so don't feel too bad. You don't stop liking theme parks magically when you're 40.

There have been lots of rumors and even concept art for Nintendo World. We already know its going into USF. We know there will be a Mario kart ride, and a Donkey Kong ride, and possibly a Yoshi ride. I also thought 2020-2021 was the planned completion date. UOR typically works much faster than Disney. You do realize they built an ENTIRE Water park in the time it took Disney to build Pandora.

I turn 40 this year, so don't feel too bad. You don't stop liking theme parks magically when you're 40.

There have been lots of rumors and even concept art for Nintendo World. We already know its going into USF. We know there will be a Mario kart ride, and a Donkey Kong ride, and possibly a Yoshi ride. I also thought 2020-2021 was the planned completion date. UOR typically works much faster than Disney. You do realize they built an ENTIRE Water park in the time it took Disney to build Pandora.

:bored:

From Midway Mayhem,

Dom's Charger is finally out, and that it looks like they have the exterior complete and ready. All that is seemingly waiting, is the ride to work as intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhdhddh and Mad Dog
A lot of people will call this out as being doom and gloom but I completely agree with you and I think people are making a lot of excuses around here. It really all started with the Incredible Hulk refurb. A complete rebuild of a ride with no net-benefit to the ride experience and they were so clueless they spent time and money updating the queue but forgot to close the holes and add air conditioning? WTF? It's still very early in the "what the heck is Universal thinking?" period and I know there are a bunch of amazing projects sitting on the shelf according to insiders but SOMETHING is going on internally and I hope it gets fixed pronto. It's taken them 3 years to build Fast and Furious and it's broken and delayed because they made poor decisions and not because the ride system is sophisticated enough to warrant it. We're approaching Disney circa 1998 here. Too many people who know better say, "yes" to stupid decisions because they are scared of the big important executives who know nothing and we get the likes of Rocket Rods.
Incredible Hulk queue does have air conditioning. Have you even been on it?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Ummm....Nintendo World?
Ummm.... show me the receipts. So far it's opening everywhere and nowhere. It's opening soon and it's opening 10 years from now. It's opening at USF Kid Zone, no, I mean it's opening at Islands of Adventure, no I mean it's opening at a new third park that is currently in the middle of litigation. Oh wait... now it's back at Kid Zone. Oh wait, it's been delayed a year. Crap, nevermind, it's been delayed 2 years. Now three years. The design's been changed, it's been changed again, it's had rides added, dropped, added again. It's like Disney announcing Pandora except minus any actual construction or evidence it is happening aside from insiders telling us it's going here, there, everywhere and on the Moon. I look forward to riding a Super Nintendo World ride in 2065 when it gets installed at Universal Orlando's 15th park located in a floating blimp over Florida due to rises in sea-level.

Incredible Hulk queue does have air conditioning. Have you even been on it?
Is this a joke? It has air conditioning toward loading. It's a hot-box everywhere else because... ya know... there are huge holes in the building which they chose not to fix when they spent millions rebuilding the ride from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a joke? It has air conditioning toward loading. It's a hot-box everywhere else because... ya know... there are huge holes in the building which they chose not to fix when they spent millions rebuilding the ride from scratch.
It does have AC, but it is pretty pointless because of the opening sim the walls.

Patience will be rewarded.

True with MOST things. Except Fast & Furious: Supercharged that is.

b5660e0df92ff50996a43e1d87d79624.gif

It seems funny to me when comparing WDW and UO constructions’ speed. Let’s talk about Epcot’ s GotG coaster. UoE closed last year and the land is already cleared and moving along….. But still, ride expected to open 2021. Hmmm funny because USF’s DA took 2 yrs from closing Amityville to the opening of a full land with 2 attractions, restaurants, and shops from the ground up. GotG coaster’s queue and loading area was built in 1982, and the other half will take about 4yrs to build. Also let’s not forget SW:GE was supposed to open in 2020/2021 way after Episode IX. What happened? Oh yeah, the heat was felt.

Also in regards to this, they also are in need of more manning because multiple high level positions are currently unfilled and have been over the past 6 months to a year. That means certain people are double hatted as well as the amount of working increasing. USJ purchase really messed up UC manning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog