Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I understand it's because the system isn't ready yet, just making a scenario.
I see. What's really strange is that they don't even feel confident enough to begin limited softs. Kong was an absolute disaster of technical problems but they still opened it for the usual "technical rehearsal" period way before it was truly "ready" so they could test how it did with guests. I assume executives are... shall we say... less than pleased?

I see. What's really strange is that they don't even feel confident enough to begin limited softs. Kong was an absolute disaster of technical problems but they still opened it for the usual "technical rehearsal" period way before it was truly "ready" so they could test how it did with guests. I assume executives are... shall we say... less than pleased?
Sometimes problems out of their control prevent even softs. Not necessarily big problems, just time consuming ones.

Kong's public softs were delayed also by almost two months past internal projections.

Sorry I sound like an idiot and I have no idea what’s going on. The manufacture for Kong was bad because the ride doesn’t function properly with the track layout. What does this mean for FF and Kong? Replacements or idk..

Kong's public softs were delayed also by almost two months past internal projections.
Kong was always "Summer 2016" from the start in terms of communication to the public. It had a soft opening on June 9th which is actually Spring. I know they hit a snag right before softs due to the GPS issue but construction was actually well ahead of schedule on Kong from the start which is why that internal projection on softs was so insanely early and then adjusted accordingly. Fast was #2017 then #2018 and then #Spring 2018 and they are still struggling to make the date after what has essentially become one of the longest build schedules for a ride at Universal. This is Disney's New Fantasyland level of slowness.

Last edited:
I don't know why your so excited for this to open in the first place. It will open when it opens. :poop: Happens.
As others have already pointed out, I want it to open so we (and Universal) can all move on to bigger and better things. It represents the hypothetical end to a questionable period in Universal park development and watching this thing SLOWWWWWWLY open is painful.

8a8.gif

At some point they're going to have to change "Spring 2018" to something else. It IS Spring 2018 and we don't have a date for opening. Assuming TM previews and the usual several weeks of soft-opening, how exactly does this open by Spring? Maybe the last day of Spring on June 20th? As a reminder, Jimmy Fallon was open to guests for a soft opening on March 6th before opening officially in April. We're running out of days here.

Remember when the original Wizarding World was said to open "Spring 2010" and it opened June 18th. 3 days before spring ended.

Point is this isn't unheard of. They have plenty of time to keep the "spring" promise.

As others have already pointed out, I want it to open so we (and Universal) can all move on to bigger and better things. It represents the hypothetical end to a questionable period in Universal park development and watching this thing SLOWWWWWWLY open is painful.

It may be time to go outside and take a deep breath. I'm not sure why this should be "painful" at all. The first day of Spring was march 20th.

It may be time to go outside and take a deep breath. I'm not sure why this should be "painful" at all. The first day of Spring was march 20th.
There is a strange assumption these days that when someone is at all critical of something and/or passionate about something they must be a raving lunatic who needs to go outside. This is a theme park discussion thread dedicated to a specific ride. If you'd like we can all just go outside and not post anything that doesn't fit within your standards of acceptability so the forum can die a slow death like so many before it. Active discussion and debate is the entire point.

There is a strange assumption these days that when someone is at all critical of something and/or passionate about something they must be a raving lunatic who needs to go outside. This is a theme park discussion thread dedicated to a specific ride. If you'd like we can all just go outside and not post anything that doesn't fit within your standards of acceptability so the forum can die a slow death like so many before it. Active discussion and debate is the entire point.

Sorry, you just seem really upset by something that hasn't even been technically delayed yet.

Reactions: SpatulaShack
Sorry, you just seem really upset by something that hasn't even been technically delayed yet.
It's cool. It's hard to gauge emotion via text only so I get it. I didn't mean to sound angry if it came off that way.

And you're correct they haven't officially announced a delay but doing so would be a pretty rare admission. Theme parks don't come out and say, "hey this ride is having problems and it's delayed," unless it's massive and on the scale of Test Track's 2 year delay. Strictly speaking, it's delayed. Everyone agrees it's delayed. It was supposed to soft open months ago according to multiple insiders.

A question, one I am curious.

Is Setpoint (the people responsible for Hollywood's Drupercharged motion base) apart of the Orlando project? The thought never came to my mind till someone posted a link to their site, to only find that they are actually responsible for not only that, but the USH installation of DMMM.

It doesn't matter if this opened 3 month ago or 2019, it's not going to speed up the next ride. It's not like the guys working on these RV's are going to go over and help pour footers on the HP coaster.

Reactions: rhino4evr
It doesn't matter if this opened 3 month ago or 2019, it's not going to speed up the next ride. It's not like the guys working on these RV's are going to go over and help pour footers on the HP coaster.
Actually when it comes to capacity, another ride in the same park might not close until the new one opens. Happens all the time, so I can see why some of us may be thinking that this time 'round.

Actually when it comes to capacity, another ride in the same park might not close until the new one opens. Happens all the time, so I can see why some of us may be thinking that this time 'round.

So the same company that just last Summer/Fall that was on the verge of closing all of Kidzone and FFL are now holding up projects till F&F opens? While anything is possible, I have trouble believing that.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So the same company that just last Summer/Fall that was on the verge of closing all of Kidzone and FFL are now holding up projects till F&F opens? While anything is possible, I have trouble believing that.
Not all projects. Just the USF projects. But I don't believe that to be the case. Even if F&F opened today, I wouldn't expect the next closure until late August. Now which will it be? Shrek or Fear Factor?