Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 431 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Money isn’t the concern; It’s the limited number of high profile attractions.

Not only that... There were other pressing needs around the park, quality notwithstanding, that needed attention first. USF was in rough shape capacity-wise when Twister, BJ, and Disaster went down. Taking down Mummy at any point during the past few years would've been brutal. Not to mention, they were kinda hoping 2017's reboot performed better than it did.

Not only that... There were other pressing needs around the park, quality notwithstanding, that needed attention first. USF was in rough shape capacity-wise when Twister, BJ, and Disaster went down. Taking down Mummy at any point during the past few years would've been brutal. Not to mention, they were kinda hoping 2017's reboot performed better than it did.
I always heard that with Mummy down the guest satisfaction also took a hit...Therefore, incentive to keep it open

The entire company was. There were plans for Revenge of the Mummy had that movie done as hoped.

I always heard that with Mummy down the guest satisfaction also took a hit...Therefore, incentive to keep it open
There’s a pretty straightforward equation to project the drop in park GSAT associated with a ride going offline and the net result really isn’t that big. It takes wiping a lot to move outside the margin of survey error.

And no, I’m not going to outline it here because I know exactly which executive would get a paper copy of this page on his/her desk if their social people actually monitor forums.

There’s a pretty straightforward equation to project the drop in park GSAT associated with a ride going offline and the net result really isn’t that big. It takes wiping a lot to move outside the margin of survey error.

And no, I’m not going to outline it here because I know exactly which executive would get a paper copy of this page on his/her desk if their social people actually monitor forums.

You can't tell me it drops more for Shrek, or any other attraction for that matter

Maybe Gringotts, but that's a maybe

I don’t think any attraction’s (not parade or theater) capacity will be hit as hard by social distancing as Supercharged and Kong.

Most of the rides use small ride cars that fit 4-6. You can keep a 1 car to 1 group ratio going. The bus attractions cram dozens of people into a single vehicle. One bus holds several multiples of what a roller coaster train holds. That isn’t going to work with social distancing.

I have no idea how Universal would reopen Supercharged with enough capacity to warrant opening the ride even once Phase 2/3 occurs

I don’t think any attraction’s (not parade or theater) capacity will be hit as hard by social distancing as Supercharged and Kong.

Most of the rides use small ride cars that fit 4-6. You can keep a 1 car to 1 group ratio going. The bus attractions cram dozens of people into a single vehicle. One bus holds several multiples of what a roller coaster train holds. That isn’t going to work with social distancing.

I have no idea how Universal would reopen Supercharged with enough capacity to warrant opening the ride even once Phase 2/3 occurs

F&F was practising social distancing last year with how empty the cars were. It's going to be ok.

You can't tell me it drops more for Shrek, or any other attraction for that matter

Maybe Gringotts, but that's a maybe
That's not what I was saying... my point was that a single ride out during a slower season doesn't affect park GSATs as much as you'd think.

Now, I've lost track of all the timelines of like Twister --> Fallon, Jaws --> Diagon, Earthquake --> F&F, Transformers, T2 --> Bourne, and BTTF --> Simpsons, so in fairness it could have been the second/third thing down, but to say there were no windows is a stretch.

*Narrator* "They do."
Oh I don't doubt it for a second. I mean, reading this place for work has to be way better than those who have to read DISboards or Magic :crazy:

We're also like the consumers out there for Universal who actually care the most/actually vacation at their resorts. It makes sense for them to read at the very least some of our thoughts.

So Universal if you're reading.... DO THIS. MAKE THE F&F ride.