Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 442 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i never knew that drones needed helicopter blades, a tail rotor, or landing skids.... weird drone...

Untitled.png
IMG_1590.jpeg

I don't think it matters that it is technically a drone because it looks like a helicopter. I bet the average guest wouldn't look at that and go, "Look at that military drone!" It's a crappy effect regardless of what it actually is and because of how crappy the rest of the ride looks, it makes sense to the rider that they would have something as stupid as Dom being the size of a helicopter.

I don't think it matters that it is technically a drone because it looks like a helicopter. I bet the average guest wouldn't look at that and go, "Look at that military drone!" It's a crappy effect regardless of what it actually is and because of how crappy the rest of the ride looks, it makes sense to the rider that they would have something as stupid as Dom being the size of a helicopter.
Yes, the average guest would probably think it was a helicopter. I originally thought it was a helicopter. The only way we know its a drone is because Universal said it was. So its completely feasible to criticize it. Bottom line. It doesn't look good, drone or copter. Its a pi _ _ poor scene, like the rest of the 360 film. Looks very amateurish.

Yes, the average guest would probably think it was a helicopter. I originally thought it was a helicopter. The only way we know its a drone is because Universal said it was. So its completely feasible to criticize it. Bottom line. It doesn't look good, drone or copter. Its a pi _ _ poor scene, like the rest of the 360 film. Looks very amateurish.

it doesn't help matters that we have a giant Vin Diesel holding said helicopter drone lol :lol:

even if it didn't look like a helicopter it's still really ridiculous lol. even if it looked different.

It's what happens when you film for 3D and take the 3D out. Everything goes out of proportion

OK, I know we’re all supposed to loathe F&F, but this is silly. The scene is goofy in the way the movies are goofy, but the fact that that thing is a drone is not confusing. Anyone who thought it was a full-sized helicopter (with no doors and no cockpit) was looking for things to be angry about.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
*raises hand*

I’m the self-appointed F&F defender. I quite like the ride and I feel it gets unfairly maligned. It’s deeply stupid in a way that matches the films and makes me smile and the improv preshows give it higher rerideability then many attractions. It also doesn’t feel cheap and flimsy like some of the newer additions. Should it be replaced? Sure, after about five other attractions at Studios alone that are in more need of an upgrade.

Oh, and I don’t love taking it off-line for months, but I’m certainly OK with it if it allows significant upgrades to the previously awful HHN maze in that location.

It’s short, anti-climactic, and neither fast nor furious, but it is mindless fun. Had this been an addition and not a replacement of beetlejuice AND disaster, I feel people would enjoy it a bit more.

I disagree with saying this isn’t “cheap” with the obvious cost-cutting measures between this and kong where they’ve taken a segment of the tram tour in hollywood and tried to make full rides out of them. Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. At least with Kong they were able to set up an actual story , but at the end of the day most of the GP has no idea this came from USH.

It’s decently enjoyable, overall not a great ride, but if the line is short i’ll usually always get on it. If the wait is over 20 min, I’d rather headbutt a knife lol

It’s short, anti-climactic, and neither fast nor furious, but it is mindless fun. Had this been an addition and not a replacement of beetlejuice AND disaster, I feel people would enjoy it a bit more.

I disagree with saying this isn’t “cheap” with the obvious cost-cutting measures between this and kong where they’ve taken a segment of the tram tour in hollywood and tried to make full rides out of them. Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. At least with Kong they were able to set up an actual story , but at the end of the day most of the GP has no idea this came from USH.

It’s decently enjoyable, overall not a great ride, but if the line is short i’ll usually always get on it. If the wait is over 20 min, I’d rather headbutt a knife lol
This ride has terrible reviews from the general public. Im not sure the GP are sitting there thinking this ride replaced beetlejuice and Earthquake. Most of them probably dont even know what was there before. Its just overall a terrible ride and the GP knows it.

It’s insane to think the company that has created Epic Universe also created this ride.
Even Jordan shot 0.167% during a playoff game and went 9/35 another time.
To be fair- this has neither landing skids or a tail Rutter so you picked an image that had only one of the 3 things he said. :confused:

Then again, it doesn’t even matter. It looks preposterous and even the fact there is a discussion about it proves how ridiculous it is.

Really, it should have been a flying eggplant and Vin Diesel could have hung on that instead.

the part that really kills the ride is the voice over from the Rock at the beginning and the dumb party. I never know what the Rock is saying, and the action should have started right away.
I know this was borrowed from California and they didn't have extra footage,

but I would even accept action clips from the movies in giant screens before the play station 2 part. what if instead of the party section we just had a bunch of clips from all the movies or something ( they could make it be like The Rock is showing you the previous adventures of vin diesel.

the part that really kills the ride is the voice over from the Rock at the beginning and the dumb party. I never know what the Rock is saying, and the action should have started right away.
I know this was borrowed from California and they didn't have extra footage,

but I would even accept action clips from the movies in giant screens before the play station 2 part. what if instead of the party section we just had a bunch of clips from all the movies or something ( they could make it be like The Rock is showing you the previous adventures of vin diesel.
It's weird because in California that and the party scene are meant to be the "preshows" (since you can't have standing preshows on a studio tour) and since this copied Cali + has an extra two preshows you are basically sitting thru four preshows for this ride and I think that's a big reason why people see this ride as boring and lame. I definitely would've preferred something else besides those two scenes. It's funny because everything that wasn't directly copied from California is very impressive (the queue, outdoor scene, and honestly the two new preshows aren't bad either).

Reactions: Jake S and Clive