Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Don’t mean for this to turn this into the Walking Dead thread but I don’t get why Universal made that attraction, other than wanting to please the fans of the horror maze. I know TWD is still going as a comic series and therefore we theoretically are getting even more seasons but there’s a difference between those mediums. Shows cost more and if there’s no longer much interest or the show runners decide it’s run its course, it’s done, and attractions need to last long. At least with The Simpsons, even when it finally ends, it still has a huge mark on pop culture so the ride can still last for a very long time. Heck, as much as Shrek 4D overstayed it’s welcome, Shrek is also a huge pop icon so there is that kernel of reasoning. And sure, Despicable Me will no doubt lose popularity in the coming years but at least Universal isn’t paying for the license for that one. I’m not sure if TWD will have that long lasting mark. I can’t think of any attraction that is so out-of-place.

Don’t mean for this to turn this into the Walking Dead thread but I don’t get why Universal made that attraction, other than wanting to please the fans of the horror maze. I know TWD is still going as a comic series and therefore we theoretically are getting even more seasons but there’s a difference between those mediums. Shows cost more and if there’s no longer much interest or the show runners decide it’s run its course, it’s done, and attractions need to last long. At least with The Simpsons, even when it finally ends, it still has a huge mark on pop culture so the ride can still last for a very long time. Heck, as much as Shrek 4D overstayed it’s welcome, Shrek is also a huge pop icon so there is that kernel of reasoning. And sure, Despicable Me will no doubt lose popularity in the coming years but at least Universal isn’t paying for the license for that one. I’m not sure if TWD will have that long lasting mark. I can’t think of any attraction that is so out-of-place.
I mean the house of horrors wasn't that popular, I imagine it didn't cost a fortune to do the overlay but it makes it more popular at least for a couple years, they change that location pretty often

I mean the house of horrors wasn't that popular, I imagine it didn't cost a fortune to do the overlay but it makes it more popular at least for a couple years, they change that location pretty often

I’ve always felt they should’ve done the popular HHN American Werewolf maze to celebrate its 35th anniversary. The film’s not as well known as it should be but everyone loved the maze.

I’ve always felt they should’ve done the popular HHN American Werewolf maze to celebrate its 35th anniversary. The film’s not as well known as it should be but everyone loved the maze.
idk I don't think it's popular enough to warrant a full time attraction. Walking Dead, however, is, if only for a few year and they change out that location pretty often

March 4th is also the day the next UOTeam newsletter comes out. I definitely suspect we'll find out the opening date and soft opening date that day.