Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

No evidence for this at all, just pure wishful speculation. With supercharged in need of being scrapped and Rip Ride Rockit coming to the end of service life, how would people feel about replacing HRRR with the fast & furious drift coaster, closing supercharged and using the shell of the building but gutting the inside for something else - maybe pokemon?
The queue could easily be rethemed to a garage and the team could design an engaging out and back layout in their sleep

Seems like a win all around

I don't care how old Rockit is, it's one of the worst coasters in Florida and unacceptable for Universal's flagship park

Last edited:
I don't care how old Rockit is, it's one of the worst coasters in Florida and unacceptable for Universal's flagship park

Most people have the opposite POV, even placing it above Velocicoaster. (Shocker)

Keep the lift, non inverting loop and the music selection aspect, everything else can go away.

Most people have the opposite POV, even placing it above Velocicoaster. (Shocker)
I'm sure this claim isn't coming from "nowhere" but I would really like to see some data on this

My thoughts

1. HRRR's GSAT scores are probably skewed as there isn't really a huge pool of USF rides I would call "amazing"...they're all in IOA
2. It's a coaster, and that certainly helps its cause, I will agree that the vertical lift is interesting and the non-invert loop are very good...but...
3. People often have no idea what they want until you give it to them...A well designed Intamin like Konda or a Mack Hyper would make people forget HRRR ever existed in a heart beat
4. It may suffer from "first coaster" syndrome, which I have no evidence to back up, but considering the amount of people coming to USF per year, it's possible

I again, don't accept that "most people" place it above Veloci, and if they do, bless their heart

Also, I can't imagine Universal is interested in a coaster that doesn't really tie in to any particular IP and wouldn't be surprised if HRRR is on a list somewhere

Last edited:
I'm sure this claim isn't coming from "nowhere" but I would really like to see some data on this

My thoughts

1. HRRR's GSAT scores are probably skewed as there isn't really a huge pool of USF rides I would call "amazing"...they're all in IOA
2. It's a coaster, and that certainly helps its cause, I will agree that the vertical lift is interesting and the non-invert loop are very good...but...
3. People often have no idea what they want until you give it to them...A well designed Intamin like Konda or a Mack Hyper would make people forget HRRR ever existed in a heart beat
4. It may suffer from "first coaster" syndrome, which I have no evidence to back up, but considering the amount of people coming to USF per year, it's possible

I again, don't accept that "most people" place it above Veloci, and if they do, bless their heart

Also, I can't imagine Universal is interested in a coaster that doesn't really tie in to any particular IP and wouldn't be surprised if HRRR is on a list somewhere

No data, just what I hear when I visit the park. Rip Ride Rockit is included in just about every single piece of promotional advertising.

I say this as someone who wants Rockit replaced, but it certainly has become a Universal "must-do" (dare I say icon for the resort) for a lot of folks.

No data, just what I hear when I visit the park. Rip Ride Rockit is included in just about every single piece of promotional advertising.

I say this as someone who wants Rockit replaced, but it certainly has become a Universal "must-do" (dare I say icon for the resort) for a lot of folks.
I mean yeah, it's a big tall coaster, it kind of sticks out in Studios

Being a weenie doesn't make it good though

I also still think that "most people" putting it above Veloci is pushing it a bit

I mean yeah, it's a big tall coaster, it kind of sticks out in Studios

Being a weenie doesn't make it good though

I also still think that "most people" putting it above Veloci is pushing it a bit

I didn't mention Rockit as an icon because of its appearance, more as a "must do" attraction like (and I hate saying this) Mummy or Gringotts for lots of people.

Never said most people placed Rockit as better than Velocicoaster. If you go back to my original post, it was referring to people actually liking Rockit, not most people placing it above Velocicoaster.

I didn't mention Rockit as an icon because of its appearance, more as a "must do" attraction like (and I hate saying this) Mummy or Gringotts for lots of people.
Because it's a big tall coaster that rises above the sea of soundstages

If you go back to my original post, it was referring to people actually liking Rockit, not most people placing it above Velocicoaster.

BB, you did, but perhaps that's not what you meant...I agree people *like* the coaster...it's hard not to like a coaster

Keep the lift, non inverting loop and the music selection aspect, everything else can go away.

Just a reminder to USF management. Even your former Executive Creatives that put the attraction in, says it sucks and it was a big mistake....Those thoughts should be on a large poster hanging in the park President's office, even though she wasn't responsible for the ride. Maybe she'll do something positive about that huge wasted space. :D ;):lmao:
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Just a reminder to USF management. Even your former Executive Creatives that put the attraction in, says it sucks and it was a big mistake....Those thoughts should be on a large poster hanging in the park President's office, even though she wasn't responsible for the ride. Maybe she'll do something positive about that huge wasted space. :D ;):lmao:
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Looks to me like the new minion ride is much worse than this one lol

Looks to me like the new minion ride is much worse than this one lol
Tough to compare what's essentially a low budget B/ C ticket ride, that takes up a small space, to an expensive E ticket attraction that occupies a huge tract of land in the middle of the park. A park that essentially has available space issues.

Clearly the solution to Fast & Furious being an atrocity for 5+ years is to just remove the 3D component of other more successful attractions. Remember when that was their solution back when it opened? :lol: I'm still worried Gringotts is next because some very low-functioning executive keeps demanding they make the existing screens WORSE by removing immersion as if that is some kind of brilliant fix for the problems of the park.