Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite Facades at Horror Nights - Orlando

Been going since 28, and there's a couple which really stand out to me.

Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces (28) - Looking back on it, Carnival Graveyard was my lowkey favorite facade that year. With the tall sign and walls, to the various props strewn about and the excellent soundscape of the unseen carnage and chaos behind the walls, it really gave off the foreboding sense that you shouldn't be here. Soundstage facades like this one only have a short time to set the stage, and I think Carnival Graveyard really nailed it.

Yeti: Terror of the Yukon (29) - While I wish I had better runs of this house, one thing that did consistently work for me was the facade of this house. From the intimidating looking cabin, to the quietly falling snow, this facade had a eerie "calm before the storm" kind of vibe to it.

Also, that particular house location in SS 24 is 2 for 2 with providing a favorite facade of mine. I wonder if HHN Icons: Captured will make it 3?

Graveyard Games (29) - This facade was straight-up pretty. A nice moonlit entryway with some nice lighting effects for the kids inside, and a good story setup with Sid as well. All in all a great facade for what ultimately became my favorite house that year.

An while it hasn't officially run during HHN yet, I have to add...

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy (Halloween Daytime 2020/Tentative 30) - This is the first facade which I would say made my jaw hit the floor, I was not expecting them to do what they did, and I downright love the direction they took it. It's honestly the first time I've been surprised by a facade, which is why I'm keeping this vague. I know plenty of folks haven't seen it yet, so I want them to be surprised as well!

The best facade ever remains Hallow’d Past. It’s literally a warehouse and the story is that you’re entering a warehouse.

If they every make a story that you're entering a soundstage or sprung tent, those'll be close contenders as well.

My favorites listed chronologically:
  • The Fearhouse (10)
  • Castle Vampyr (14)
  • Ghost Town (14)
  • Psychoscareapy: Maximum Madness (16)
  • Screamhouse: Resurrection (16)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (17)
  • Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays (17)
  • Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare (18)
  • Dracula: Legacy in Blood (19)
  • Silver Screams (19)
  • Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate (20)
  • Nightingales: Blood Prey (21)
  • Gothic (22)
  • Halloween (24)
  • Body Collectors: Recollections (25)
  • Monsters & Mayhem (25)
  • Dead Waters (27)
  • Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After (28)
I figure that many here didn't get to see the older facades, so here's a few pictures (that I was able to find) of my 10+ year old favorites:
*I did not take any of these photos, credit goes to the original photographer(s.)

The Fearhouse
Fearhouse_Facade.jpg

Ghost Town
Ghost%2Btown2.jpg

Maximum Madness
usa06_hhn_08.jpg

Resurrection
usa06_hhn_04.jpg

Once Upon a Nightmare
6334131566_a276a1062a_b.jpg

Legacy in Blood
images

Silver Screams
images

The Wyandot Estate
5053329004_cda9dd85df_b.jpg

My Top 5 (2012-2019)

1) Dead Waters (2017)
2) Gothic (2012)
3) Poltergeist (2018)
4) Dollhouse of the Damned (2014)
5) Halloween (2014)...Earns this spot because of the pre show with the projection mapping

An while it hasn't officially run during HHN yet, I have to add...

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy (Halloween Daytime 2020/Tentative 30) - This is the first facade which I would say made my jaw hit the floor, I was not expecting them to do what they did, and I downright love the direction they took it. It's honestly the first time I've been surprised by a facade, which is why I'm keeping this vague. I know plenty of folks haven't seen it yet, so I want them to be surprised as well!
Oh man, I didn't even think to include this. I had the same reaction when I saw it. Was not expecting it at ALL and it really ties the entire story of the house all together.

I fully agree with the "calm before the storm" for Yeti too.

To share some similar love to Hollywood--I got to commend the work that the Hollywood team did with Us.

The way they incorporated the audio of Lupita's performance of Red; with the music and score from the film--is phenomenal, with one of my favorite ways to get to a house. That ramp is really unique for the park; and it actually acts as a great mood setter as you see the Vision Quest facade loom closer and closer. The reason why I place Us as my favorite Hollywood house; is that it feels like you are stepping into the film. And that is especially present here with this facade.

I figure that many here didn't get to see the older facades, so here's a few pictures (that I was able to find) of my 10+ year old favorites:
*I did not take any of these photos, credit goes to the original photographer(s.)

The Fearhouse
Fearhouse_Facade.jpg

Ghost Town
Ghost%2Btown2.jpg

Maximum Madness
usa06_hhn_08.jpg

Resurrection
usa06_hhn_04.jpg

Once Upon a Nightmare
6334131566_a276a1062a_b.jpg

Legacy in Blood
images

Silver Screams
images

The Wyandot Estate
5053329004_cda9dd85df_b.jpg

I really did love that Silver Screams facade

Opening weekend of HHN 30 got me thinking, which year of Horror Nights features your favorite collection of facades?

My favorite collection of facades are HHN 30 and HHN 27...

I'm bad at remembering the facade's but here are my top 5 at the top of my head.

1. Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (2007)
2. Resident Evil: Escape From Raccoon City (2013)
3. Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After (2018)
4. PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays (2008)
5. Carnival Graveyard (2018)

Discuss!

My list off the top of my head.

Screamhouse (2002)
Silver Screams (2009)
Dracula: Legacy in Blood (2009)
Dollhouse of the Damned (2014)
Body Collectors: Recollections (2015)
Dead Waters (2017)
Graveyard Games (2019)
What was the Facade for the Silver Screams house?? I look but all I find is the front gate facade pictures and no red the house’s facade?

The best part of the Silver Screams facade was the time shift. Without that, it would have just been a pretty standard thing.

Just adding that the photo doesn't do it justice as it would transition from "Old, muted, and dilapidated" to the colorful theater of its prime.

I never went through the house, but I did hear about that. In my opinion, the aspect time played in that house in general sounded really amazing.

2021 was my first trip to HHN Orlando, my favorite facades were Hill House, which was just beautiful and managed to create that massive house with forced perspective and clever lighting, ICONS which was grand and intricate, and Welcome to Scarey, which had a really great dilapidated Americana aesthetic.