Food Prices | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Food Prices

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pastamore is decent and a fair value for their pizzas. I'd take CPK over it any day, but if I feel like pizza or Italian instead of my usual Panda Express while I'm at CityWalk, I won't hesitate to head over to Pastamore again. I worked at Pizza Hut for a few years way back (well, it feels that way for me, but I'm only in my 20s), and even though I like their thin and hand tossed, I'd rather eat elsewhere if I can (except East of Chicago, that stuff is just BAD).

I think food prices at Uni are pretty reasonable, especially at the table service restaurants. They're actually a much better deal than counter service.

I think food prices at Uni are pretty reasonable, especially at the table service restaurants. They're actually a much better deal than counter service.

Compared to Disney, food prices at Universal are a bargain. Then again, Disney compared Six Flags is like the pinnacle of great food at a decent price.

While the majority of Disney sit down is overrated, Hoop Dee Doo and Biergarten were worth every penny. I would never sit down at Disney just to eat, but they offer incredible dining experiences.

I don't find Ohana to be overpriced in the least. I actually think it's a great deal for everything you get.

We ended up eating at TGI Fridays before HHN because it was literally 30 seconds from our hotel (Comfort Inn) and on the way to Uni. I kind of wanted to eat at Moe's in the food thing near the cineplex because we don't have any where I live here in NY and I LOVE that place :drool5: but my dad didn't want to! :mad:

On Saturday when we went to IOA, we decided to sit down and eat at The Three Broomsticks (I had the Fish n Chips with some frozen Butterbeer!) It was actually pretty expensive at TTB but worth it.

I've been to IOA at least five times and have never tried Mythos, I would really like to eat there next time.

TTB is pretty comparable to Mythos price wise. Glad you enjoyed it though, TTB is my favorite counter service at Universal :thumbs:

I don't understand all the dislikes pointed at Golden Corral. :shrug: Dinner there is always busy,the food is always being brought out fresh and hot and hasn't been sitting there for hours like some places and the variety is awesome. If y'all could see what I've seen in some of the kitchens of theme park restaurants you would change your minds about even walking in there :rofl: I'd much rather eat sushi then consider spending a dime eating at a place that allows guests (I've seen this go unnoticed at Disney and Universal to be fair) change dirty diapers at the same tables they expect me to eat at.

I don't understand all the dislikes pointed at Golden Corral. :shrug: Dinner there is always busy,the food is always being brought out fresh and hot and hasn't been sitting there for hours like some places and the variety is awesome. If y'all could see what I've seen in some of the kitchens of theme park restaurants you would change your minds about even walking in there :rofl: I'd much rather eat sushi then consider spending a dime eating at a place that allows guests (I've seen this go unnoticed at Disney and Universal to be fair) change dirty diapers at the same tables they expect me to eat at.

Yes... Golden Corral is the standard for all restaurants.

mediocrity_web_log51.jpeg

Attachments

• mediocrity_web_log51.jpg
    mediocrity_web_log51.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 2
Then you can certainly add ALOT of the theme park"restaurants" to that list. I've always found the.staff there especially the management to be top notch and on top of everything. Customer service can overlook mediocre food in my book any day. I went to Hard Rock Cafe last week and had a bad experience with poor service (maybe the server thought "hey it's Halloween season so I'll be a ghost") The food was good but the.server practically ignored me for a table filled with her friends. The bus boy came by and refilled my drinks and was way more attentive than she was...so he got the $10 tip not her. On the way out I even politely told a manager what happened and was given the "you're an exception...she always gives great service" excuse. I've worked in restaurants for a few years and this is definently not how you treat your guests. But i guess some people just aren't the type to be nice to new people or even invite them into their circlen It's all good though. Because the next time I'm hungry and want an average burger with the same seasoned fries I'll just go to Fridays instead. :cheers:

Then you can certainly add ALOT of the theme park"restaurants" to that list. I've always found the.staff there especially the management to be top notch and on top of everything. Customer service can overlook mediocre food in my book any day. I went to Hard Rock Cafe last week and had a bad experience with poor service (maybe the server thought "hey it's Halloween season so I'll be a ghost") The food was good but the.server practically ignored me for a table filled with her friends. The bus boy came by and refilled my drinks and was way more attentive than she was...so he got the $10 tip not her. On the way out I even politely told a manager what happened and was given the "you're an exception...she always gives great service" excuse. I've worked in restaurants for a few years and this is definently not how you treat your guests. But i guess some people just aren't the type to be nice to new people or even invite them into their circlen It's all good though. Because the next time I'm hungry and want an average burger with the same seasoned fries I'll just go to Fridays instead. :cheers:

I'm not following on where you are going with this..... :lol: