Forum Upgrade | Inside Universal Forums

Forum Upgrade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Obviously, things are looking a little different right now. I went to upgrade the forums and it didn't like a certain thing - so it blew up the look.

The forums do work, and you should be able to enjoy posting but don't be surprised if some appearances change and hiccups occur. Thanks for your patience.

OK. So the general look is done. There will be features added, and some other tweaks - but this is the new look. Hope y'all enjoy!

Of course, if there are any issues or if you have questions (or even recommendations).... Let me know.
Is this it? Before it took me to new forum posts since my last visit so I'm hoping it needs to build a history again? Drop a few cookies?
Maybe I'm missing the ability to filter to new posts in the forum but that was where I wanted to land so it was set that way

Never mind I found it, crisis averted resume normal operations.....

Might be a specific thing to add but perhaps for the OP of the thread, maybe they can update the forums titles should something change with that topic (like say a film getting name changes or even topics at the parks). I know mods can do that but I think there might be some appeal (ParkFans allows this and it helps a bit).

Otherwise, really great work so far!

Might be a specific thing to add but perhaps for the OP of the thread, maybe they can update the forums titles should something change with that topic (like say a film getting name changes or even topics at the parks). I know mods can do that but I think there might be some appeal (ParkFans allows this and it helps a bit).

Otherwise, really great work so far!

Can you post an example and do they run the same forum software?

Hey everyone, Brian has added one of my top requested features that I've kept bugging him about for YEARS.

THREADMARKS!

Threadmarks are like bookmarks, for thread posts! Mods and the original thread poster set points at threads with important information or updates. For example, adding a threadmarks to the Dreamworks thread for important construction updates. Guests and casual readers can jump between the biggest updates in a thread while power users can find historical points of note. I have threadmarked Brian's first response in this thread as an example.