Forum Upgrade | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Forum Upgrade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can you post an example and do they run the same forum software?
Now then--to get to this.

On ParkFans dot Net, their forum system is a bit similar to that of what has been implemented here; but in the process of giving the example--I will use the USH P409 thread I have made.

1679712336302.png

On the top-right side of the thread page, when going to more options; they have the option to edit the thread and create polls in the process. Should you wish as an OP edit the thread, once you click "Edit Thread", it then pulls to here:
1679712431085.png

From here, you are allowed the option of adding and/or removing prefixes, ontop of the title for that particular thread. This is particularly accessible by the original poster of the thread itself, and not by others.

As I have mentioned, IU and PF share the same community platform as eachother; whereas you use addons by a group that isn't that of PF's. I figured bringing this up as it might help for the sake of certain areas, and to give people more options.

__

Outside of that, I would like to ask on the subject of deleting posts that are posted by an user themselves. When someone double-posts and a mod can't pop up, it might be good to have this be present so it could allow some to self-clean. I understand that might be a tougher sell but ParkFans allows that as-well.

I post on another entertainment industry forum. They never update the forums to be better. I told them they are going to eventually become irrelevant to reddit. they don't seem to care. They won't hire more devs or move to a competent platform. This site would put them to shame. They should just pay you or ask what platform you use.

This threw me for a loop, but yeah, I can get used to this. Gonna see if I can easily access bookmarks on mobile.

Hey everyone, Brian has added one of my top requested features that I've kept bugging him about for YEARS.

THREADMARKS!

Threadmarks are like bookmarks, for thread posts! Mods and the original thread poster set points at threads with important information or updates. For example, adding a threadmarks to the Dreamworks thread for important construction updates. Guests and casual readers can jump between the biggest updates in a thread while power users can find historical points of note. I have threadmarked Brian's first response in this thread as an example.
Ah, so it's at the top of the thread. Looks handy.

Also worth noting i'm not noticing any pop-ups on mobile which used to be a very normal occurance.

Well, Ads are gone for the moment but they will be back. Hopefully, all the updates will help where you still don't notice any issues.

Now then--to get to this.

On ParkFans dot Net, their forum system is a bit similar to that of what has been implemented here; but in the process of giving the example--I will use the USH P409 thread I have made.

On the top-right side of the thread page, when going to more options; they have the option to edit the thread and create polls in the process. Should you wish as an OP edit the thread, once you click "Edit Thread", it then pulls to here:

From here, you are allowed the option of adding and/or removing prefixes, ontop of the title for that particular thread. This is particularly accessible by the original poster of the thread itself, and not by others.

As I have mentioned, IU and PF share the same community platform as eachother; whereas you use addons by a group that isn't that of PF's. I figured bringing this up as it might help for the sake of certain areas, and to give people more options.

__

Outside of that, I would like to ask on the subject of deleting posts that are posted by an user themselves. When someone double-posts and a mod can't pop up, it might be good to have this be present so it could allow some to self-clean. I understand that might be a tougher sell but ParkFans allows that as-well.
I'll see about Title Edits, but definitely not deleting posts.

Is it possible to have the "New Posts" button available every time you go to the list? It makes it easier...

Is there a way to get the "account bar" at the top right to follow along as you scroll a page? It would be nice to still see notifications come in real time.

Is there a way to get the "account bar" at the top right to follow along as you scroll a page? It would be nice to still see notifications come in real time.
You can enable parallax effect. Click the toggle button on the header bar.

Version 1 Forum Update & Features
Still working on a few things but here's what we got:

• Still working on Ads but they should be in somewhat working order. Fixing the last of the bugs. I know about the video player but outside of that, any issues with speed/load time?
  • As Joe mentioned, Threadmarks.
  • You can put in a request to change usernames in your Profile. Just 2 catches: It has to be approved by me and you can't change it for a while.
  • A "Back to Top" button has been added for threads. Should see the arrow at the top right of each post.
  • You will be able to see who is online now by the green marker on a user's avatar.
  • The new visitor panel is now found throughout the forum's sidebar allowing for ease of access to your profile, including "Status Updates".
  • VIP and Premium Members can add a Profile Photo banner.
  • Bookmarks are now only for VIP & Premium Members as well. Any existing Bookmarks for standard users can still be viewed, though
  • Updated Gender options
  • Added a new profile option for "Favorite Theme Park Event"
There are a few more things planned, including "Badges", more forum themes, and adding icons for threads, but I want to make sure the bones are there as we finalize Version 1.