Frozen Ever After | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure how accurate this is and don't know who insiders are on The Dis, but this is what someone posted about the ride - Norway Ride & Rivers Of Light (Disappointing Progress Updates) | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Norway (Epcot):
. . . the boats FINALLY start to go into the water TONIGHT (4/11/2016)
. . . these are the previous boats and boat designs
. . . many of the CM's don't think the boats can maneuver one of the turns, while Imagineers say, "Yes"
. . . the CM's think even if they navigate the turn, they will "bunch up"
. . . the ride test trials start SLOWLY tonight so we should see
. . . no word on soft or hard opening dates
. . . They have been training ride operators for over 6-weeks.
. . . the ride was to open 3-4 week sago.
. . . Tech difficulties, and a lack of painting halted progress.
. . . of course, they laid-off 140 painters
. . . The hold-up was so bad, that CM's had NOTHING to do.
. . . many of them, were paid to just sit around
. . . other areas did not want to take them all, as the other area budgets would have been over-plan
. . . yes, some were temporarily deployed
. . . As for not hearing before, bad planning or difficulties is not something WDW likes to publicize.

NOTE: The above info is from CM's working on or in the rides, and not an official statement from WDW.

Not sure how accurate this is and don't know who insiders are on The Dis, but this is what someone posted about the ride - Norway Ride & Rivers Of Light (Disappointing Progress Updates) | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Norway (Epcot):
. . . the boats FINALLY start to go into the water TONIGHT (4/11/2016)
. . . these are the previous boats and boat designs
. . . many of the CM's don't think the boats can maneuver one of the turns, while Imagineers say, "Yes"
. . . the CM's think even if they navigate the turn, they will "bunch up"
. . . the ride test trials start SLOWLY tonight so we should see
. . . no word on soft or hard opening dates
. . . They have been training ride operators for over 6-weeks.
. . . the ride was to open 3-4 week sago.
. . . Tech difficulties, and a lack of painting halted progress.
. . . of course, they laid-off 140 painters
. . . The hold-up was so bad, that CM's had NOTHING to do.
. . . many of them, were paid to just sit around
. . . other areas did not want to take them all, as the other area budgets would have been over-plan
. . . yes, some were temporarily deployed
. . . As for not hearing before, bad planning or difficulties is not something WDW likes to publicize.

NOTE: The above info is from CM's working on or in the rides, and not an official statement from WDW.
Sounds like a real mess. A modicum of mismanagement and lack of communication if true.

I can't believe painting caused issues. Just dumb. Disney just does stupid things and if these rumors are true, this is another stupid thing they have done in a long list of stupid things.

Sounds like a real mess. A modicum of mismanagement and lack of communication if true.
It wouldn't be the first time in recent history that they mis-engineered a portion of a ride (which I assume is the new S-bend in the former loading area). Remember when the new Dumbo opened and the RVs were getting scratched up by the concrete?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah, but if true, this is painting issues because Disney decided to be cheap and lay off 140 painters.

That is what I was going to say. As for the vehicles, I am sorry, but that to me is less likely. It is CM that know nothing about engineering saying the ride won't work. Verse the engineers saying it will be fine. I think in this case for this rumor until I hear the boats ACTUALLY got stuck I am not believing that one. CMs have no clue about engineering or how the ride works.

Every ride has its issues, I mean Kong had the ramp issue. But I am thinking not making a turn would be something they would catch on the computer model.

That is what I was going to say. As for the vehicles, I am sorry, but that to me is less likely. It is CM that know nothing about engineering saying the ride won't work. Verse the engineers saying it will be fine. I think in this case for this rumor until I hear the boats ACTUALLY got stuck I am not believing that one. CMs have no clue about engineering or how the ride works.

Every ride has its issues, I mean Kong had the ramp issue. But I am thinking not making a turn would be something they would catch on the computer model.
Oh yeah, absolutely. The boats hadn't even gone in the flume yet when he posted (They went in that night - 4/11) so we have no idea either way.

I believe that is the date they are aiming at for opening the ride, but they are behind schedule. That is why they haven't announced that as the date. It's odd that 2 months out that they haven't announced a date. It may end up like another 7DMT debacle where at the planned opening media event they announce the opening date instead of opening the ride.

the same could be said about Kong right?
i ve got a feeling this ride will be extremely disappointing, like Antarctica disappointing
could care less

i ve got a feeling this ride will be extremely disappointing, like Antarctica disappointing
could care less

I see what you're getting at, but no. Frozen has been rumored to be having issues, Kong has not.

Kong's opening date is coming soon anyway, and media invites were already sent out for June 22-24.

Reactions: twebber55
could care less
It can't be Antarctica disappointing if you are expecting it to be that bad :lol:

I mean, the WSJ literally spelled out the ride for us scene for scene last year, we pretty much know what to expect. I'm mostly expecting it right around the same quality as LM. People will likely feel like it was worse than LM (whether it is or not) because of the insane crowds and lack of capacity.

Reactions: IzzyB
It can't be Antarctica disappointing if you are expecting it to be that bad :lol:

I mean, the WSJ literally spelled out the ride for us scene for scene last year, we pretty much know what to expect. I'm mostly expecting it right around the same quality as LM. People will likely feel like it was worse than LM (whether it is or not) because of the insane crowds and lack of capacity.

I think, from a creative standpoint, it'll be worse than LM. They could have built a brand new, fully designed ride right next door, but the shoehorning it into an existing one means it's not really got much vision behind it. I think it'll be fine. not bad, but not noteworthy.

Reactions: Nick
I think, from a creative standpoint, it'll be worse than LM. They could have built a brand new, fully designed ride right next door, but the shoehorning it into an existing one means it's not really got much vision behind it. I think it'll be fine. not bad, but not noteworthy.

It won't be worth the waits that will happen for the next 3 years. This will be a FP or not worth it ride to me. Same with Mine Train, but with Mine Train rope drop and end of day is worth it, I don't even think you will get that with this ride because of no height restriction and low capacity in a park with very few rides to compete with. At least with Mine Train there are other rides people will run to at rope drop, I have no clue what other ride you would run too.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It won't be worth the waits that will happen for the next 3 years. This will be a FP or not worth it ride to me. Same with Mine Train, but with Mine Train rope drop and end of day is worth it, I don't even think you will get that with this ride because of no height restriction and low capacity in a park with very few rides to compete with. At least with Mine Train there are other rides people will run to at rope drop, I have no clue what other ride you would run too.

We'll certainly see. I think Frozen fever isn't what it once was, just from anecdotal evidence from my family, so it could be a bit better than we're all expecting

Yeah, i'll never understand why they decided to retrofit the ride AND build on the expansion plot anyway. I heard they ran into a huge mold issue that they didn't budget for among other things. They very likely could've built a much better ride for close to the same amount of money.

Reactions: Cheezbat
We'll certainly see. I think Frozen fever isn't what it once was, just from anecdotal evidence from my family, so it could be a bit better than we're all expecting
Frozen on Broadway and Frozen 2 are in the pipeline so I think Frozen Fever is far from over.