Frozen Ever After | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My Universal Planning Guide for September/Oct. 2016 Vacation.....Arrive at Sapphire Falls on 9/24/16 apx. 6:30 PM....Enjoy leisurely relaxing vacation :cheers:...Depart from Portofino Resort on 10/8/16 7:00 AM....

And I totally get your side of things and totally agree with you that your type of Uni vacation is better than the vacation you would have at Disney. But for most people I know, Express is really not an option. Mainly budget or because like me Express and AP would be ridiculous if I did Express every time. Then you add in everyone I know has kids and pretty much has to come during busy times, you can see where for those types of people Disney system works better for them than Uni pay system. I really just think it is your family and what works best for them. I don't think there is a "better" between Uni and Disney when it comes to this, I think it is more what your family prefers based on how you vacation.

I had express when my son was alive, I know how nice it can be to have express every time you go or the majority of times you go. I also had unlimited FPs with my son at Disney. It was very nice and very nice not to ever plan anything. Not that you could ever plan with my son. So I totally see the other side of this argument. But now that I don't have Express or unlimited FPs. I also now see the other side and if I was going to Disney and Universal during the summer, I would prefer Disney system. Now off season? I don't know. I had a good time at Universal when it was a weekday during the off season, but if I had gone on that Saturday with my family we would have been miserable. Where I can go to Disney and know I am going to have 3 rides I don't have to wait long for and a couple others that never have lines. So I know on busy days I can do a short day and still enjoy myself even if the crowds are insanely high.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
And I totally get your side of things and totally agree with you that your type of Uni vacation is better than the vacation you would have at Disney. But for most people I know, Express is really not an option. Mainly budget or because like me Express and AP would be ridiculous if I did Express every time. Then you add in everyone I know has kids and pretty much has to come during busy times, you can see where for those types of people Disney system works better for them than Uni pay system. I really just think it is your family and what works best for them. I don't think there is a "better" between Uni and Disney when it comes to this, I think it is more what your family prefers based on how you vacation.

I had express when my son was alive, I know how nice it can be to have express every time you go or the majority of times you go. I also had unlimited FPs with my son at Disney. It was very nice and very nice not to ever plan anything. Not that you could ever plan with my son. So I totally see the other side of this argument. But now that I don't have Express or unlimited FPs. I also now see the other side and if I was going to Disney and Universal during the summer, I would prefer Disney system. Now off season? I don't know. I had a good time at Universal when it was a weekday during the off season, but if I had gone on that Saturday with my family we would have been miserable. Where I can go to Disney and know I am going to have 3 rides I don't have to wait long for and a couple others that never have lines. So I know on busy days I can do a short day and still enjoy myself even if the crowds are insanely high.
But I do part of my vacation, like Jungle Skip, in the non Express hotels (CBBR) and it's still pretty easy. I like being able to change my plans on a whim, or to accommodate the crazy Florida weather fluctuations. But that of course, is during the moderate seasons. I would never go to either Universal or Disney during any of the Peak seasons. Part of the key is that everything is so close at Universal. That's a major advantage. Another is that Universal has a lot of single rider lines, and they move way faster than the few single rider lines at Disney. Of course, if you have kids though, single rider is not an option. Not needing dinner reservations is another big advantage. I've always been able to walk into any Universal/CitiWalk restaurant and get a table in a reasonable time frame. Bottom line is, I love my Freedom. Universal Frees me. :)

Reactions: Ultranel and BBL
But I do part of my vacation, like Jungle Skip, in the non Express hotels (CBBR) and it's still pretty easy. I like being able to change my plans on a whim, or to accommodate the crazy Florida weather fluctuations. But that of course, is during the moderate seasons. I would never go to either Universal or Disney during any of the Peak seasons. Part of the key is that everything is so close at Universal. That's a major advantage. Another is that Universal has a lot of single rider lines, and they move way faster than the few single rider lines at Disney. Of course, if you have kids though, single rider is not an option. Not needing dinner reservations is another big advantage. I've always been able to walk into any Universal/CitiWalk restaurant and get a table in a reasonable time frame. Bottom line is, I love my Freedom. Universal Frees me. :)

Prior to kids Universal was awesome with all the single rider lines, really helped you have a lot of short lines mixed in with the longer lines. Now with kids that is all gone :( So again, I think it comes down to the family and what they want and can do. Depending on your family you are going to prefer one over the other.

I really have no issues in slow to moderate periods changing plans at Disney or even getting last minute reservations. We were there in April/May and wanted to push our reservations back and it was a party of 8, we were able to do it. Same with fast passes, we were changing and finding new ones all the time. It wasn't an issue with the new system. But there was 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids. A bunch of adults who can do single rider would be able to navigate Universal way better than we could.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I will admit seeing the whole building the yellow does not look as bad. I would have to see this in person when the walls are down to really know how bad it looks. I don't think it will ever look "good", but maybe with the bottom part of the building it doesn't look as ugly.

Well the bottom isn't done and the adjacent buildings work better with the color tha. Just the stone facades.

So it will likely improve a bit.

For reference, about this time prior to opening Maelstrom:

nor228956LARGE.jpg

Reactions: Ryno27
^ What context are you going for? I don't get it.
The mustard-colored building isn't finished yet for one thing. They've been out there daily working on it.

Second, i've seen it in person, and it actually don't look as bad as pics do when in context the the shop buildings next to it, which are also vibrantly colored. It's very traditional Norwegian theming, actually. I think on of the big things that's throwing people off is the shiny roof. They still are in the process of weathering the building each day. Hopefully it looks nice by opening.

I suspect the planters are changing or being removed entirely since the wall came forward to encompass them.

This means the whole approach to the entrance might change. It makes sense, the old queue went to the right - which is now a show scene. The new queue needs to go to the left into the old theater area.

So maybe the big yellow wall is the background for the entry marquee.

So fast passes don't seem impossible to get. I just got July 2nd fast passes and they had been open to AP holders since yesterday. That is a Saturday and I would have expected them harder to get especially over a holiday weekend. I guess not many people know when it is opening?

So fast passes don't seem impossible to get. I just got July 2nd fast passes and they had been open to AP holders since yesterday. That is a Saturday and I would have expected them harder to get especially over a holiday weekend. I guess not many people know when it is opening?
I expect once the ride is actually open for them to become harder too obtain. Since they announced it so soon before opening, I think that's affecting it for now. I don't buy that these will be easy to get once it's open given limited capacity.