Frozen Ever After | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I expect once the ride is actually open for them to become harder too obtain. Since they announced it so soon before opening, I think that's affecting it for now. I don't buy that these will be easy to get once it's open given limited capacity.

I agree, but I really thought it would be harder, especially a holiday weekend. Maybe most locals did silver passes and since they are blacked out over the summer that is helping. I thought for sure when I forgot to look Thursday there was no way I was going to be able to get them. But they had a ton of times starting at 5pm. Which I wanted evening times anyway since it is in the back of the park.

I suspect the crash in WDW's attendance may be loosening up demand for FP+.

I am curious as to how bad it's looking down there.

I still can't get mine train 30 days out. But I swear Disney is holding back fast passes. Because if I try closer to the date sometimes there are then a ton of times available. I get people dropping them, but it seems like when it happens the whole week has a ton available. Maybe they listened to complaints about people not getting them. Like toy Story I haven't been able to get for Sunday, but checked last night and all the sudden tons of times were available. It is just really odd how all the sudden that is happening. I can't imagine that many people dropping hot fast passes. You can't book them unless you have a actual ticket.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I still can't get mine train 30 days out. But I swear Disney is holding back fast passes. Because if I try closer to the date sometimes there are then a ton of times available. I get people dropping them, but it seems like when it happens the whole week has a ton available. Maybe they listened to complaints about people not getting them. Like toy Story I haven't been able to get for Sunday, but checked last night and all the sudden tons of times were available. It is just really odd how all the sudden that is happening. I can't imagine that many people dropping hot fast passes. You can't book them unless you have a actual ticket.

I have wondered about this as well. I had a trip booked in the "offseason" at WDW and 60 days out could not get a SDMT fast pass for any of the five days that I was there. Frozen Ever After will be just as bad, especially if capacity isn't that great.

People assume the ratio of FP distributed is static - it's not.

For a normal day there's an amount set aside per time slot that's typical. It matches the ratio that operations will use as a baseline when merging the two lines.

In the daily ops side of things, the merge ratio will increase to allow more FP guests if the FP line begins to back up. There's a series of phases - but the worst of it was used at Toy Story where one standby guest is allowed per every 100 FP guests. Something like 1:10 is a busy number for most rides. 1:4 or less is common as a baseline.

Similarly, on the backend they planned days based on expected ride capacity (number of vehicles online) and staffing and guest projections. Toy Story would sit around 80% of capacity being dedicated to FP. But when it got really busy itd climb up to 90% and death-con "planned" 95%.

When the changes in those numbers are made for a day, more FP will be available.

People assume the ratio of FP distributed is static - it's not.

For a normal day there's an amount set aside per time slot that's typical. It matches the ratio that operations will use as a baseline when merging the two lines.

In the daily ops side of things, the merge ratio will increase to allow more FP guests if the FP line begins to back up. There's a series of phases - but the worst of it was used at Toy Story where one standby guest is allowed per every 100 FP guests. Something like 1:10 is a busy number for most rides. 1:4 or less is common as a baseline.

Similarly, on the backend they planned days based on expected ride capacity (number of vehicles online) and staffing and guest projections. Toy Story would sit around 80% of capacity being dedicated to FP. But when it got really busy itd climb up to 90% and death-con "planned" 95%.

When the changes in those numbers are made for a day, more FP will be available.

But how would those projections change so many days out? Like Mine train was out when I booked next week for my friend at the 30 day mark, but 2 weeks ago there was a ton available for the whole week it seemed. So why would they change this when staff hasn't been scheduled at 3 weeks out.

Now that both windows are visible and the roof isn't shiny anymore, it looks much better. Signage is also up on that building.

The black "arrow" is going to disappear... it's more of a bracket to eventually install a street light like around the area currently or possibly a prop. Final thing is the waterfall will almost definitely be turned back on. They wouldn't have left the pond in front of the entrance (which gets it's water from the waterfall) if they were going to do away with it. Besides, the waterfall has it's own pump, it didn't rely on the water from the ride.

Reactions: Ryno27
Also, that new sign says "Bryggestredet Kjølelager" when seen in full, which translates to "Bridge Street Cold Storage".

This building is likely what they based the color/look on:

norway_zpst2epsydb.jpeg

Agreed, looking better. I imagine once complete and they open the area it will be much better.

Any signs that softs will at all occur or is this going to be an open on 21st and pray it works deal?

I will be there today and can say this looks WAY better in person. Also, construction has moved really quickly on this. Compared to the last time I was here and now they moved. So unlike Disney.