Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

I'm thinking I would visit Epcot if this happened..seriously would like to see an update to Malestrom rather than the same ride path and boats

Strike while the iron is hot? That doesn't sound like Disney, someone has been watching their neighbors :wave:

Of all the dead spots in Epcot, they'd seriously replace the one decent ride in all the pavilions?

This ride really needs to happen, It has a lot of potential, but it depends on what Disney wants to, and is willing to do. Disney used to be my favorite theme parks when I was little, I wanted to work for their imagineering team, but several years back they haven't really done much besides throw meet and greets at things and it takes them forever to build something. That's when I switched over to Universal five years ago. I was disappointed. It feels like a majority of Disney's creativity has left them.

I would love to see maelstrom get an update but I don't think a frozen ride belongs there. Keep the princess rides in magic kingdom and let the world showcase stay as such. Maelstrom is currently epcots third e-ticket ride. While I was honestly blown away by the movie I think it would cheapen the world showcase and didn't tie itself to Norway as strongly as it would need to in order to belong.

I would love to see maelstrom get an update but I don't think a frozen ride belongs there. Keep the princess rides in magic kingdom and let the world showcase stay as such. Maelstrom is currently epcots third e-ticket ride. While I was honestly blown away by the movie I think it would cheapen the world showcase and didn't tie itself to Norway as strongly as it would need to in order to belong.

I kind of agree with you on that. They could build a mini-land type village like they did with the Tangled rest area and have a Elsa's ice castle be forced perspective in the mountains like what they did with Beast's castle and have the show building hidden away by ice, hills, and trees. Sorry, I'm in a really creative mood today hahahaha.:lol:

The only reason Frozen did so well was the lack of Holiday Kids selections and even less of a selection of Holiday themed movies.

The only reason Frozen did so well was the lack of Holiday Kids selections and even less of a selection of Holiday themed movies.

I think it has good word of mouth too. I'm hearing a lot of people talk about how much they loved this movie and how its the best Disney movie they've seen in a while. My family loved it, even my wife, and she's as hard to please as they come.

I think it has good word of mouth too. I'm hearing a lot of people talk about how much they loved this movie and how its the best Disney movie they've seen in a while. My family loved it, even my wife, and she's as hard to please as they come.

I'll agree word of mouth has a lot to do with it but again what Holiday movie for young families and kids was out during the entire holiday run? Not much competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Per Moviefone, Jim Hill said on the Disney Dish podcast that a Frozen ride might be replacing Maelstrom in 2015. Frozen is now Disney's second highest grossing animated movie behind The Lion King and Disney doesn't want to wait 20 years later like they did with The Little Mermaid. If the ride happens, no word if it'll remain a boat ride. Full article here:

http://news.moviefone.com/2014/01/0...Feed:+InsideMovies+(Moviefone:+Inside-Movies)

Like any Jim Hill rumor, I'd take it with a grain of salt, but I'd love for this to be true. Frozen was a fantastic movie, one of the best animated movies in a long time and certainly in my top 10 movies of 2013. Your thoughts?

1f37794da4c42db0a957f93e05a9cdeb.jpg

It doesnt matter why people saw it, just that its gotten a lot of exposure. Regardless of its competition, theres a good chance a large fraction of people walking through the turnstiles saw the movie and thats all that matters.

It doesnt matter why people saw it, just that its gotten a lot of exposure. Regardless of its competition, theres a good chance a large fraction of people walking through the turnstiles saw the movie and thats all that matters.
Exactly. I had to wait almost a half hour just to get seats the other day after two showings before were sold out. Lots of people are seeing it and seeing it again and that's all that matters in this case.

I would still bet Universal completes another 3 rides before this would open. I'm so terribly skeptical of WDO at this point, it's sad.

Frozen wasn't a holiday movie and it did well thanks to word of mouth. It's in it's 7th weekend and could end up being #1, and there's always people on Twitter saying their theater sold out. For comparison's sake, Rise of the Guardians came out the same week in 2012 yet was a box office bomb.

Last edited: