Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a cool idea. They can actually use the Fantastic Beasts representations to fill the Forest with new creatures that aren't already in either land.

Reactions: chewbacca1995
If we are only getting one ride in the DC plot, I hope it turns out to be a thestral carriage ride through the forbidden forest. Have it be a slow moving attraction that anyone can ride. The ride vehicle is perfect since the story says that thestrals are invisible, so Universal can just put these old time carriages on a track that drive themselves. As much as I would love a crazy Flying Ford Anglia ride or a Quidditch coaster, they need an all ages/all height attraction, IMO.

HE_thestral.jpg

Carriages_POA_1.jpg
The DC plot could probably fit 2 decent-sized attractions and 2 smaller attractions, given how much ground the two DC tracks cover.

Of course, DC will probably remain in some form. I doubt Universal tears it down and adds an expansion to Hogsmeade when plussing DC would be significantly cheaper.

Did they need to do renovations on The Incredible Hulk? No, although it would of been nice back then.

Dragons Challenge is in a position that they can renovate it with making something that may need to happen to get back the dueling. I do believe that if it gets a Hulk-style renovation; we will see one of the sides change it's styles to a Sitdown style much more than keeping the Inverted aspect for both sides.

Who started this thread? I believe I would have heard if there were intentions for the attraction... from inside Universal Creative. I heard about the intentions for Hulk after all.

I think the rumor? started when someone asked a question or made a comment about something new happening. And then Jungle Skip made a broad based comment. People started guessing the project. And then when the discussion got to Dragon Challenge being the next change in IOA, it was kind of hinted that was the next IOA project.

I think the rumor? started when someone asked a question or made a comment about something new happening. And then Jungle Skip made a broad based comment. People started guessing the project. And then when the discussion got to Dragon Challenge being the next change in IOA, it was kind of hinted that was the next IOA project.

Skip also may of mentioned it being possibly the 2018 project; but now with F&F delayed and Nintendo probably starting up by then, maybe we could see it pushed back?

Thanks. But yeah, I should of heard about such plans over the past year. Hm.

The DC plot could probably fit 2 decent-sized attractions and 2 smaller attractions, given how much ground the two DC tracks cover.

Of course, DC will probably remain in some form. I doubt Universal tears it down and adds an expansion to Hogsmeade when plussing DC would be significantly cheaper.

Did they need to do renovations on The Incredible Hulk? No, although it would of been nice back then.

Dragons Challenge is in a position that they can renovate it with making something that may need to happen to get back the dueling. I do believe that if it gets a Hulk-style renovation; we will see one of the sides change it's styles to a Sitdown style much more than keeping the Inverted aspect for both sides.

It's either the Hulk style renovation and get nothing else, or tear out and build something different. If they were able to alter the ride to change the layout, they would have redesigned the back end of Hulk and opened up more room for expansion. Since they didn't do that here, no reason to think they'd do it there.

Removing 1 of the two opens up no room really. Converting 1 to a sit-down would be the same as completely tearing it out and starting over. That would include all new footers as nothing would line up between an invert and a sit down. Even reusing the station would be more trouble than its worth.

Does anyone know how committed to to this project Universal is? Is work/replacement of DC the next project for IOA? Has this even gotten as far as to have a project number?

from what I remember from riding this 10 years ago. I really didn't like it, felt that inverted coasters seem to be really harsh on your neck? As I absolutely loved hulk and the mummy (also loved Kraken at SeaWorld)

Jonny

It's either the Hulk style renovation and get nothing else, or tear out and build something different. If they were able to alter the ride to change the layout, they would have redesigned the back end of Hulk and opened up more room for expansion. Since they didn't do that here, no reason to think they'd do it there.

Removing 1 of the two opens up no room really. Converting 1 to a sit-down would be the same as completely tearing it out and starting over. That would include all new footers as nothing would line up between an invert and a sit down. Even reusing the station would be more trouble than its worth.
If this is the case, I'd say tear out.

The two best aspects are gone (the creepy queue and dueling tracks). There'd be room to build a hefty Forbidden Forest expansion that could increase overall capacity for IOA. And Lost Continent could either be spared or used for a different IP retheme.

How many attractions would be included in a DC demo/replacement? My guess would be 3-4 (1 large one, 1 medium one, 1-2 small ones).

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
They could just keep one of the coasters (I liked Red a lot better), dramatically shorten the queue, and use the leftover space for other things. That would keep an even split of two major coasters in each park (I'm not counting Flight of the Hippogriff).

A trackless ride would be a good high capacity, all ages ride, and would dovetail nicely with Fantastic Beasts, as mentioned earlier.

As an aside, how long does the DC queue really get? When we when in March, there was only a line from a couple hundred feet before the coaster split. The entire outdoor area and the majority of the castle was empty. We thought it was odd, is that normal?

Reactions: chewbacca1995
an aside, how long does the DC queue really get? When we when in March, there was only a line from a couple hundred feet before the coaster split. The entire outdoor area and the majority of the castle was empty. We thought it was odd, is that normal?
I rarely see much of a line, but I don't go during the busy times.

Status
Not open for further replies.