Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.4%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 62.6%

• Total voters
Lets be real here Universal is going to clone Hollywood or they are going to do the bare minimum maintenance to keep the ride afloat.
I also like this idea, but you’d still be knocked off course into a paddock and maintence area. I’d like to see more of a “nature has taken back JP” aesthetic for this idea.

• Haha
Reactions: JawsVictim
Lets be real here Universal is going to clone Hollywood or they are going to do the bare minimum maintenance to keep the ride afloat.

Oh, for sure. It’s the Comcast way of doing things. I do wonder if they leave the finale set in the pump room and save money.

Oh, for sure. It’s the Comcast way of doing things. I do wonder if they leave the finale set in the pump room and save money.
I think it would actually be better, as you are questioning the safety of the ride path, instead of being told that you are supposed to be there like in Hollywood. Besides, an industrial facility with broken pipes, fog, and sparks will lead to a much tenser experience instead of being led through a dinosaur exhibit with a few lighting effects

My concern about the update would be Rexy. Our version seems slower and more stationary than the HW version, as it’s bolted to the floor instead of swinging out on a mechanical arm. For it to lunge out at the indo it would need some serious modifications. Do we think ours could be retrofitted, or would they need to build us a clone of the HW Rexy?

I think it would actually be better, as you are questioning the safety of the ride path, instead of being told that you are supposed to be there like in Hollywood. Besides, an industrial facility with broken pipes, fog, and sparks will lead to a much tenser experience instead of being led through a dinosaur exhibit with a few lighting effects
I feel like all of the animatronics need some serious upgrades.

My concern about the update would be Rexy. Our version seems slower and more stationary than the HW version, as it’s bolted to the floor instead of swinging out on a mechanical arm. For it to lunge out at the indo it would need some serious modifications. Do we think ours could be retrofitted, or would they need to build us a clone of the HW Rexy?

There’s no way the Rex is getting retrofitted to match Hollywood’s. You can expect them to plop the I-Rex next to it and call it a day.

Reactions: biggerboat16
If the dropping box isn’t working then honestly just shut it down. That’s like, lowkey my favorite part. The reaction of an unsuspecting guest was always a highlight.

Reactions: shiekra38
If the dropping box isn’t working then honestly just shut it down. That’s like, lowkey my favorite part. The reaction of an unsuspecting guest was always a highlight.
It can’t be that complex of a mechanism to warrant this much time for repairs. It’s a great cheap thrill that’s one of the most memorable parts of the ride and a great callback to the first movie. It does seem like the raptor sounds in the area are louder and more prominent without the crate, some of them even sound like they’re new audio tracks. Could they be reimagining or upgrading the scene?

Reactions: Gillman365
Considering that the indoor portion lacks a hole in the ceiling, I doubt we would see Indy's head up from above like in the Hollywood version. This, however, could be seen as a win-win. That saves them more money to do the update, but they could also potentially do something different with Indy in its place (i.e. they could create a jump scare where she appears after "camouflaging" with a projection overlay to hide her.

Considering that the indoor portion lacks a hole in the ceiling, I doubt we would see Indy's head up from above like in the Hollywood version. This, however, could be seen as a win-win. That saves them more money to do the update, but they could also potentially do something different with Indy in its place (i.e. they could create a jump scare where she appears after "camouflaging" with a projection overlay to hide her.
I would LOVE to see them implement the camouflaging.

Reactions: Gillman365