Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
Even when I went in 1999 JPRA has always been hit or miss with effects and show elements. Any time you have an outdoor attraction it's hard to maintain all the moving parts all the time. Especially water rides...

You are correct - but when the gates don't work, the animatronics are moving awkwardly, the crate not dropping, etc. all of those issues start to make the attraction lackluster.

I can see a Jurassic World retheme coming in the next couple of years, maybe for 2024. They are clearly doing the bare minimum to keep it operational and not investing in its long term future.

I can see a Jurassic World retheme coming in the next couple of years, maybe for 2024. They are clearly doing the bare minimum to keep it operational and not investing in its long term future.

I think this has a good chance. It would give them something to market for 2024 without costing a huge amount of money.
This would then get the resort to the 2025 Epic year.

I just wonder what they’d do with the discovery center. Everything else in the land could easily have a Jurassic World logo slapped on it and be fine, but the discovery center is an exact replica of a Jurassic park landmark that would need serious work if it were rethemed into the innovation center or something. Wonder if they’d keep it but just call it the Jurassic world discovery center or something and ignore canon

I think this has a good chance. It would give them something to market for 2024 without costing a huge amount of money.
This would then get the resort to the 2025 Epic year.
But the Jurassic World franchise is done. The Jurassic IP will continue in some form - no property sits dormant long in modern Hollywood - but we don’t know what that looks like yet. No reason to spend money retheming to a defunct and not particularly beloved franchise - just wait for the next version.