Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Looks like I'm going to get my repeat rides in on Hagrid's before the May vacation. Spurned on by Mark @UK-Trigg and Dave @Disneyhead refusing to do a long distance toast over the phone with me and telling me to show up in Orlando for one....I scheduled a quick impromptu trip to Florida. So, i'm driving down to Orlando on Tuesday to meet up with my good friends, Mark & Dave. So I'll be off the boards for about a week. Talk to yiu all later.

Looks like I'm going to get my repeat rides in on Hagrid's before the May vacation. Spurned on by Mark @UK-Trigg and Dave @Disneyhead refusing to do a long distance toast over the phone with me and telling me to show up in Orlando for one....I scheduled a quick impromptu trip to Florida. So, i'm driving down to Orlando on Tuesday to meet up with my good friends, Mark & Dave. So I'll be off the boards for about a week. Talk to you all later.
Have a blast! I'll just miss you as I'm there the 7th-11th.

Looks like I'm going to get my repeat rides in on Hagrid's before the May vacation. Spurned on by Mark @UK-Trigg and Dave @Disneyhead refusing to do a long distance toast over the phone with me and telling me to show up in Orlando for one....I scheduled a quick impromptu trip to Florida. So, i'm driving down to Orlando on Tuesday to meet up with my good friends, Mark & Dave. So I'll be off the boards for about a week. Talk to yiu all later.

I'll be there on the 4th and will warm it up for you.

Not sure if this has been discussed or not, but if anyone was curious where Express Line is going to be and merge into:

Express will follow the same course as where the current single rider line is up to a point.
It will then branch off and the merge will be in the room where all of Hagrid’s items are.
After the caves and right before large warning sign/ride information that has the screens. Express scanner and camera already installed over there. Themed and ready to go.

Not sure if this has been discussed or not, but if anyone was curious where Express Line is going to be and merge into:

Express will follow the same course as where the current single rider line is up to a point.
It will then branch off and the merge will be in the room where all of Hagrid’s items are.
After the caves and right before large warning sign/ride information that has the screens. Express scanner and camera already installed over there. Themed and ready to go.
do we know when express opens?

My folks just got back yesterday. They were able to ride a few times during their trip. They loved it! Two-hour waits every time later in the day, but they said it was worth it each time. They did each tweak their backs when they rode in the bike seat. A couple of the turns were very sharp.

This is certainly a Thrill & Intensity Machine, but in a nice themed and fun environment.

Thing is, it is not an intense coaster. Just really fun. My wife rode it and it didn't bother her neck/back (one of our big concerns). She was in the sidecar. It was just one of those start-to-finish enjoyable coasters with good pacing and requiring multiple rides to really see everything. Even the last launch is not too intense but it does the job perfectly. It fully mimics being on a motorcycle and even the sound effects are spot on. As the trees continue to grow in (assuming that they will get a little larger), this ride will only increase in the "fun level". I only wish that the lines had not been so terrible the day that I was there but that seemed like an outlier. The park was not busy that day but Hagrids had a late opening which skewed the line. Oh, I also think that they might have been running five or six coasters. I initially thought four but the load/unload section is larger than I thought.

Does anyone know when they are adding express to Hagrid’s? Or incorporating the virtual queue anytime soon?

Express was added to FJ seven years after opening, Gringotts after 3. I think we won't have to wait as long, probably next year.

Virtual Queue was initially planned when the line would spill out into the park, since it was never implemented over the summer I don't think it'll ever be used.

After my last visit. I believe I may have found the best seat to ride. Previously I was in the front row camp. I also think bike side is better so, its bike side 2nd row. In the second row it felt as I was following behind hagrid. The narration gives the impression he's driving the bike in front of you. It was a near perfect ride for me. It was night, cold, 2nd row and the guy on the front bike had big dark jacket on (kinda looked like hagrid). I think 2nd row is the best.

It's still awesome from any row and was worth the 90 min wait.

Hello. Just finished my first visit to USO and IoA. It was a pretty dead couple of days. The wait was listed at 65 minutes on the 3rd and due to my friend having a wheelchair there was a point in the queue that we got to diverge a bit so the total wait was under an hour.

We rode 1st row and it was just fantastic. I don't know how many beasts there are supposed to be but it felt like there weren't many to be honest. I only remember 3. I rode the bike side hands up and indeed this was a bad idea for my back as some of the banks whip you around pretty good.

As a coaster with theming and audio I gave it a 10!

Now, on the 4th it was stated the ride would be down "all day". Even the app said it was closed. By the time we got over to it, it had opened, around 3pm maybe? 75 minute wait. We decided to pass just because we were warn out from 3 days of theme parking.