Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

First time post here on the forums...my wife and I were down at Universal from December 5-8. During our stay, we were able to get on Hagrid's a total of five times. Once at night and once during the day we got lucky enough to get the front motorbike.

We thought the ride was pretty great and incredibly fun. I don't think I've been on a coaster that was more smooth.

I'm not sure if it beats out Forbidden Journey for my favorite ride, but as far as my favorite coaster, there's no questions that Hagrid's takes my top spot.

Also, even when the queue said 90 or 120 mins, we never actually waited close to the time. The longest was maybe an hour and 15 mins and that was when the wait time was 120 mins. When it was 90, we'd be in line and off the ride in an hour.
Welcome to the Forum....A Happy & Healthy New Year to you & yours. :toast:

As expected, Theme Park insider's 2019 Award for Best New Coaster went to Hagrid's.....Universal has swept the awards thus far with wins in the first 5 awarded categories.(see the Mythos thread for all the winners)

Which is a clear and fair win.

But looking at the other awards so far... is themeparkinsider strictly for Orlando? Or do they mostly cover Universal? This awards thing seems meaningless. I can hardly fathom that out of every theme park across the US, every winner so far is from Universal Orlando... doesn’t seem like there’s a bias at all?

But looking at the other awards so far... is themeparkinsider strictly for Orlando? Or do they mostly cover Universal? This awards thing seems meaningless. I can hardly fathom that out of every theme park across the US, every winner so far is from Universal Orlando... doesn’t seem like there’s a bias at all?
TPI, if you follow their reader's comments, is primarily Disney Fan oriented, though every now and then a few Universal oriented fans will comment. So no bias towards Universal, most likely the other way. In some past years Disney has dominated.....and actually they are based in LA. TPI is probably one of the oldest existing theme park sites....I'm fairly sure RotR will win it's category. They have one of the largest viewer subscriber bases in the theme park genre and Robert Niles is generally the go to person for the national media to quote theme park news.

Last edited:

Tomorrow is "Best New Attraction" and that will most certainly go to RotR.