Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Does the new VQ work much better?
:lmao:
Well @Alicia was able to get a time unlike Rise BGs so for her yeah
If you get there at park open you have more than enough time to get a virtual line if they have it running. (Unlike Rise which runs out within 8 seconds.)

Even if you don’t get one, Hagrid’s system will release additional times throughout the day as it processes guests. It’s no longer at set times, but as the ride catches up with prior reservations

Does the new VQ work much better?

depends, if one gets to ride, it works, if not -- well -- jk

The one time I used it (shortly after they changed to drops being more often) it worked well, my daughter would check the APP every now and again when she was able to grab a time -- from there I guess we spent about 20 minutes in the queue so I feel it was better than a 45+ minute wait.

I guess we spent about 20 minutes in the queue so I feel it was better than a 45+ minute wait.

This is how I feel honestly. It’s unpopular to say, but I’m okay with virtual line becoming a staple if it means less time physically waiting in the line. I know it can be frustrating for some but after multiple trips to Disney and Universal in the past couple of years, I’ve not once left without getting on Hagrids or Rise.

Virtual Queue works....

If you are lucky enough to get a spot

It's like an electric car that you have to bring a gas powered generator around to charge...Like, you tried hun

I understand why parks want to do VQ or the new "Genie" but I still think that standby is best. People can make the choice on whether or not they want to wait the time.

I understand why parks want to do VQ or the new "Genie" but I still think that standby is best. People can make the choice on whether or not they want to wait the time.
....And then there's Hagrid

I know I'm rolling back my original argument (sort of)

But I think some slack should be given to Hagrid that hits such a wide swath of people that want to ride it at any one time

I mean, VQ on Veloci would be silly...but everyone isn't busting down the door to get on it (meaning it's not for everyone)

Hagrid is unique in the amount of folks that want to get on.

So I have a little bit more patience for Hagrid going VQ...I just don't understand how it can get full for the day by lunchtime

I am so happy to see Hagrid's go back to standby. I'm not sure what the reasoning was for doing virtual queue and why its off and on. But hopefully it will stay in standby as many days as possible. Virtual queue just confuses people and makes people upset that they can't ride. Even if there is a 3 hour line in standby, at least then its up to the customer to decide whether or not they ride. At least with standby they get a choice.

I am so happy to see Hagrid's go back to standby. I'm not sure what the reasoning was for doing virtual queue and why its off and on. But hopefully it will stay in standby as many days as possible. Virtual queue just confuses people and makes people upset that they can't ride. Even if there is a 3 hour line in standby, at least then its up to the customer to decide whether or not they ride. At least with standby they get a choice.

The location tracker doesn't even work on my phone so I hope they move into permanently doing a standby.

I assumed it was just a summer thing

And will probably be back for hell week around Christmastime

I assumed it was just a summer thing

And will probably be back for hell week around Christmastime
Yea, I think they were testing the new system, so it was in use every single day, even when it didn't need to be. Guess they're done testing now? And once fully ready (and hopefully integrated into the app,) they'll likely just switch it on as needed.

Yea, I think they were testing the new system, so it was in use every single day, even when it didn't need to be. Guess they're done testing now? And once fully ready (and hopefully integrated into the app,) they'll likely just switch it on as needed.
I.....just don't understand :(

After using Stand By the last few weekdays, Universal went back to Virtual Line for Saturday. Perhaps they thought the day would be busier than it turned out to be (Touring Plans rated it a 5 only),
Anyway, today (Sunday) they're back to Stand By for Hagrid.

After using Stand By the last few weekdays, Universal went back to Virtual Line for Saturday. Perhaps they thought the day would be busier than it turned out to be (Touring Plans rated it a 5 only),
Anyway, today (Sunday) they're back to Stand By for Hagrid.
Definitely did not need virtual line yesterday, but I could see why they thought they might’ve. I was able to reserve a virtual line around 11, and it was auto adjusted to be earlier like 6 times until it was practically not any wait at all.

I ended up having to reschedule it for later because I wasn’t even at Islands yet and was going to have to wait in line for the train. Then the system automatically adjusted my reservations to be earlier another 10 times. Meaning I kept having to reschedule!!!

I assume they assume you would WANT to ride earlier, so as the line goes down your time is automatically bumped earlier… even if you CHOSE a later time.

Definitely did not need virtual line yesterday, but I could see why they thought they might’ve. I was able to reserve a virtual line around 11, and it was auto adjusted to be earlier like 6 times until it was practically not any wait at all.

I ended up having to reschedule it for later because I wasn’t even at Islands yet and was going to have to wait in line for the train. Then the system automatically adjusted my reservations to be earlier another 10 times. Meaning I kept having to reschedule!!!

I assume they assume you would WANT to ride earlier, so as the line goes down your time is automatically bumped earlier… even if you CHOSE a later time.
VL is just a pain in the butt, most especially when there's no good reason to activate it.

So, why does Hagrid’s use a Virtual Queue on busy days? Is the capacity low? Standby line isn’t long enough? Or is it that popular compared to other rides? Also, when will express be offered, as the value for it is low at this park if you can’t ride this and velocicoaster with it.