General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What was rumored to replace it a while back would've honestly been great. I'm not sure if it's still in the plans but it definitely would've given RotR a run for its money
giphy.gif

Reactions: alias8703
I know very little of the project to be honest. All i know is that it would've been a trackless gyrosphere themed dark ride with insanely immersive sets that was set to replace Mummy and fulfill the area as a mini Jurassic World. .
Rumors I heard had the same gyrosphere-type ride that was being designed for Beijing eventually replacing Mummy in Hollywood—HOWEVER, after they abandoned the technology and settled on yet another Spider-Man clone, the concept was dropped.

Rumors I heard had the same gyrosphere-type ride that was being designed for Beijing eventually replacing Mummy in Hollywood—HOWEVER, after they abandoned the technology and settled on yet another Spider-Man clone, the concept was dropped.
God I am SO dying to see these concepts though, it sounds ridiculous.

Not the thread but am still hoping that MK can give Rise a run for its money, at least tech wise. Rise is definitely the standard moving forward.

Yeah, I heard this was supposed to be a totally upgraded version of Beijing's version but this was about a year and a half ago. No idea if the project is on hiatus or scrapped altogether. Would've wrapped the area nicely.

Yeah, I heard this was supposed to be a totally upgraded version of Beijing's version but this was about a year and a half ago. No idea if the project is on hiatus or scrapped altogether. Would've wrapped the area nicely.
I know this isn’t the mummy thread but do you know if replacing the mummy is still a priority. Even though the gyrosphere idea seemed to fall through are they still considering giving mummy the axe?

I know this isn’t the mummy thread but do you know if replacing the mummy is still a priority. Even though the gyrosphere idea seemed to fall through are they still considering giving mummy the axe?
They wanna get rid of Mummy like, ASAP. The problem is every possible replacement is for one reason or another, replaced with something that would fit the area better, be a thrill, a land, etc. It's always in flux and it doesn't seem like USH knows what it wants before settling down on an actual replacement.

Supposedly their attention may have turned to replacing it with something from Epic Universe, but I never got confirmation on what. Perhaps the Universal Monsters attraction, but don't know if they'd want two KUKA arm rides in the same park. It certainly seems like it is/was on the chopping block, at least before Covid hit that is. Now, who knows.

Insert Obi Wan Gif

"Hello There"

Supposedly their attention may have turned to replacing it with something from Epic Universe, but I never got confirmation on what. Perhaps the Universal Monsters attraction, but don't know if they'd want two KUKA arm rides in the same park. It certainly seems like it is/was on the chopping block, at least before Covid hit that is. Now, who knows.
Id think Ministry. Cut the FB part of it (if that was ever a thing), just have a street facade and this now adds 2 Potter ride to their park without needing to add Diagon. If Ministry of Magic was going to be THE draw for EU, this would make sense to clone for the west coast.

YES. FREAKING. PLEASE.

With that said, I hope USH does invest in some type of coaster down the line (I understand the restrictions). The park will need one to fill the void of a coaster.
I'd be down for a smaller indoor version of Hagrid's with fake trees ala ET. That just introduces the same problem as Mummy however.

I'm thinking it might be Donkey Kong, seems to fit the bill of being both more compact than a typical coaster while also somewhat indoors to allay local concerns over sound pollution.

I'd be down for a smaller indoor version of Hagrid's with fake trees ala ET. That just introduces the same problem as Mummy however.

I'm thinking it might be Donkey Kong, seems to fit the bill of being both more compact than a typical coaster while also somewhat indoors to allay local concerns over sound pollution.
Would live DK, but that’s more of a family coaster in the veins of BTMRR.

I would love some sort of coaster to go in the plot of WW as the seclusion would help pad down the noise levels. I would also welcome a Hagrid’s clone where the tram loading plaza is.

Kinda sucks that what we've seen from the Santa Ana drones on themepark YouTuber channels reveal that not much was done during this refurbishment. Aside from adding a crushed gyrosphere to the setting, we don't see anything new. I still think the mosasaurus aquarium section of the ride (as many reviewers have said) is underwhelming and very disconnected from the rest of the ride in terms of journey and physicality. The physical aspect of the aquarium doesn't even make sense considering how you go out into the sun and a waterfall right after the sequence. I wonder is USH will ever better improve the ride flow or just stick with what's done. I imagine not much will be invested back into this ride considering how the Super Mario ride is the next big thing, and it's also in the lower lot.

Reactions: WillQ92
Super late to the chat also sorry I know this belongs in Mummy chat, but what about a rollercoaster themed around the Universal Monsters? The ride could venture through Frankenstein's castle where all the Universal Monsters lurk, and kind of follow the story line of the the HHN mazes. Heck they could even leave some of the sets in the mummy themed portion of the ride. Idk im spit balling here cuz without mummy, Universal will not have any more horror themed attractions :(

Super late to the chat also sorry I know this belongs in Mummy chat, but what about a rollercoaster themed around the Universal Monsters? The ride could venture through Frankenstein's castle where all the Universal Monsters lurk, and kind of follow the story line of the the HHN mazes. Heck they could even leave some of the sets in the mummy themed portion of the ride. Idk im spit balling here cuz without mummy, Universal will not have any more horror themed attractions :(
If it’s going to be anytbing Monsters I’d think it’d be from the land they already have designed and planned. Maybe just a facade of Frankenstein’s Manor instead of the land? Could work.

Reactions: marip123