Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Jurassic World being plagued with problems is nothing new. It was a disaster when it opened in 2019. No real surprise they're already having technical issues with the new Dino.

I'm personally just waiting for it to vomit hydraulic fluid on guests :ninja: yes, it's happened. The old "Ceiling T-Rex" threw up hydraulic fluid one day lol.. Disappointed the I-Rex replacement hasn't done it.

I'll unload my thoughts on JW later..

Disneyland is preparing for massive failures when it reopens fully, and supposedly bought up tons of supplies in case of ride breakdowns.

Not being open and running constantly for that long will run into issues. Add in the fact that these additions are still new and things are bound to go wrong.

Kylo Ren AA, one of the lifts, the moving guns and more at Rise didn't work for weeks soon after WDW reopened, and they were only closed a few months.
They’ve been cycling consistently for the last few weeks per a TikTok Disney posted, so hopefully that gives them enough time for the kinks to be ironed out. First employee preview is scheduled for the 27th, so I’ll keep an ear out for any chatter from that.

New variation/glitch below - it looks like the ride was going to delay but then kept going. The Indo goes to do the sniffing animation but then keeps going and freezes after the first pass at guests

I just want to chime in with something here regarding Guest expectation and the broken Indominus: there's two sides to that and they are both valid.

From an operations standpoint: yes, things break. Especially things, like others here have said, that are giant pieces of machinery operating around water that need to reset every 20 seconds. It's not the poor Team Member who put you on the ride's fault if that happens. You need to try and keep a level head when confronting someone about this. That said,

From a Guest standpoint: you're absolutely not in the wrong to feel disappointed and ask for your money's worth. If Universal Studios is advertising and hyping up a brand-new finale on opening weekend, you go through the trouble to obtain a one-day ticket and make the trip from, let's say, San Francisco just to see it, then yeah, you're allowed to be miffed. But you need to be smart about it and try to keep your composure. Theme Park CMs will do what they can as best they can if you approach them about things in a reasonable way and treat them with respect. During my time as a Disneyland Resort CM, I was certainly more empathetic and willing to go the extra mile for someone who was upset but calm than someone who would spit on me.

I had tickets for Universal Studios yesterday. So as you can probably guess, the reports of Indo going down the day before on Saturday broke my heart. My wife and I were driving up from San Diego for the sole reason of seeing it. I hardly got any sleep the night before because I was frankly worried that the trip would be meaningless. So what conclusion did I arrive at? Well, my plan was to arrive at opening and ask a Guest Relations CM if the Indominus would be working today. If not, I wasn't going to lose it, I was instead going to let them know that we would like to re-schedule our tickets for a later date. I did just that when I arrived and they told me the figure would for sure be working that day but that they were certainly giving off the vibe that they'd be willing to assist me with Plan B, given the situation I was in.

No harm, no foul. I don't want trouble, a refund or any kind of special treatment. I just want what they advertised and what I was paying for. They seemed willing to work with me because I understood it's the situation that sucks. Not the person in front of me.

But emotions can run high. It's understandable. Sometimes, people need to be able to vent. If the park were open to out of state Guests and a family had booked their one vacation for the year at Universal to see the new Indominus and it wasn't working as advertised, I think that family is allowed to express and claim disappointment and I think Universal should listen. They're not like me and able to "come back next weekend" when things are working again.

9 times out of 10, these kinds of people need someone to listen to them and their issue. That's all they need. They know nothing can be done but they need to express themselves and their disappointment. That should be encouraged if the situation calls for it (-and it does, at times). When those situations arise, those Guests and their complaints should be embraced, not shut down with facts about how complex a figure might be.

Well, my plan was to arrive at opening and ask a Guest Relations CM if the Indominus would be working today. If not, I wasn't going to lose it, I was instead going to let them know that we would like to re-schedule our tickets for a later date. I did just that when I arrived and they told me the figure would for sure be working that day but that they were certainly giving off the vibe that they'd be willing to assist me with Plan B, given the situation I was in
As far as Jurassic operations goes, I can assure you that Guest Relations isn't going to be "in the know" about a specific animatronic working or not, they're only told if the ride is operating or not. If the ride is open, the dinos are functional. If the ride is down, the dinos are still functional. Sure, word can/will travel fast within the park (Terror Tram p0rn incident of 2018), but the operating status of a specific dino is not a detail for non-ride ops.

As far as Jurassic operations goes, I can assure you that Guest Relations isn't going to be "in the know" about a specific animatronic working or not, they're only told if the ride is operating or not. If the ride is open, the dinos are functional. If the ride is down, the dinos are still functional. Sure, word can/will travel fast within the park (Terror Tram p0rn incident of 2018), but the operating status of a specific dino is not a detail for non-ride ops.

Actually, for this case, they were and in this case, it is. When I approached the Guest Relations TM around 9:40 that morning, he seemed to know where this conversation was heading. Later that day when I was pulled aside for a Guest satisfaction survey and brought up how happy I was with the figure, they made a point to mention to me that lots of people were and that they had gotten a lot of folks talking to them about it the day before when it wasn't operating.

Normally, I'd agree with your statement but when you take into consideration how important this figure's operation status is to the park on this opening weekend, it makes sense that they'd be "in the know" about it ASAP in order to prepare for potentially upset Guests (given the circumstances). If Rise of the Resistance wasn't going to be open the same day as advertised, you'd better believe Guest Relations at Disneyland would prepare themselves for the influx of Guest complaints.

My conversation with the Universal Team member went fine. I explained my situation and he immediately let me know the Indominus would be running. He then said, just to be safe, he would verify with his manager. He disappeared for a few minutes and came back out and said he had confirmation that it was working.

I understand your main point; that normally, Guest Relation TMs wouldn't be "in the know" off the top of their head about something so specific but special circumstances and events are on their radar. In addition, theme park attractions, shops and dining locations are all just an extension away in terms of in-park phone calls. During my time as a Disney CM working Winnie the Pooh, I'd often get asked if stuff like "Big Thunder" or "Indiana Jones" was back up and running and all I had to do was pick up the phone at the greeter position to call and ask them. It really is that simple, if they don't know.

Last edited:
I just want to chime in with something here regarding Guest expectation and the broken Indominus: there's two sides to that and they are both valid.

From an operations standpoint: yes, things break. Especially things, like others here have said, that are giant pieces of machinery operating around water that need to reset every 20 seconds. It's not the poor Team Member who put you on the ride's fault if that happens. You need to try and keep a level head when confronting someone about this. That said,

From a Guest standpoint: you're absolutely not in the wrong to feel disappointed and ask for your money's worth. If Universal Studios is advertising and hyping up a brand-new finale on opening weekend, you go through the trouble to obtain a one-day ticket and make the trip from, let's say, San Francisco just to see it, then yeah, you're allowed to be miffed. But you need to be smart about it and try to keep your composure. Theme Park CMs will do what they can as best they can if you approach them about things in a reasonable way and treat them with respect. During my time as a Disneyland Resort CM, I was certainly more empathetic and willing to go the extra mile for someone who was upset but calm than someone who would spit on me.

I had tickets for Universal Studios yesterday. So as you can probably guess, the reports of Indo going down the day before on Saturday broke my heart. My wife and I were driving up from San Diego for the sole reason of seeing it. I hardly got any sleep the night before because I was frankly worried that the trip would be meaningless. So what conclusion did I arrive at? Well, my plan was to arrive at opening and ask a Guest Relations CM if the Indominus would be working today. If not, I wasn't going to lose it, I was instead going to let them know that we would like to re-schedule our tickets for a later date. I did just that when I arrived and they told me the figure would for sure be working that day but that they were certainly giving off the vibe that they'd be willing to assist me with Plan B, given the situation I was in.

No harm, no foul. I don't want trouble, a refund or any kind of special treatment. I just want what they advertised and what I was paying for. They seemed willing to work with me because I understood it's the situation that sucks. Not the person in front of me.

But emotions can run high. It's understandable. Sometimes, people need to be able to vent. If the park were open to out of state Guests and a family had booked their one vacation for the year at Universal to see the new Indominus and it wasn't working as advertised, I think that family is allowed to express and claim disappointment and I think Universal should listen. They're not like me and able to "come back next weekend" when things are working again.

9 times out of 10, these kinds of people need someone to listen to them and their issue. That's all they need. They know nothing can be done but they need to express themselves and their disappointment. That should be encouraged if the situation calls for it (-and it does, at times). When those situations arise, those Guests and their complaints should be embraced, not shut down with facts about how complex a figure might be.

I do not disagree, and as you've explained you made the correct approach.

This is very different then those on a message board spelling out how big a failure it is for having a very large and complex AA go down. It just happens. And of course it is disappointing.

The real issue is those who do not use your approach, which is often sadly the case.

Wait, what happened with the terror tram???

One of the main issues that I wish they could fix one day is the unpleasant bump jerk on that initial lift. It doesn't happen with every boat but I was unlucky to experience it when I went on the 16th, and it left me one heck of a headache. I also recall this being a problem from years ago as well.

The lift out of loading or the lift after predator cove? Never felt any issues out of loading but the main lift can be rough sometimes.
One of the main issues that I wish they could fix one day is the unpleasant bump jerk on that initial lift. It doesn't happen with every boat but I was unlucky to experience it when I went on the 16th, and it left me one heck of a headache. I also recall this being a problem from years ago as well.

This happens on JP at IOA also, seems to be just a problem with the ride system.

So got to go to the parks today and finally see the new Finale

Like, wow...just WOW guys its sooo amazing I love it the only thing i dislike about the finale is its sooooo good makes the rest of the ride boring...lol

I'm sorry if you like the screen at the start cool but seeing a REAL Dinosaur that moves like one and is to scale of one is just an amazing feeling. I went on it three times and it amazed me each time i saw it, bravo Universal

Also I like the second place they put the old Indo and can't wait to ride it at night sometime this summer