Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Literally just got off JW. The Indo apparently had a stroke as he was motionless. Don’t know if he’ll get fixed later in the day but be warned if you plan on riding today as it doesn’t look good for the Indo.

Isn't the Indo a female? I forget, I haven't watched the movie in a long time. :lol: Not that it's a big deal. Damn, a shame to hear it's having such issues, fingers crossed it becomes more reliable as time passes.

Something I forgot to mention, but when I last went on the ride on May 8th, I think they silently added something that I definitely don't remember hearing on April 15.

When you're passing through predator cove and you're turning the corner towards the lift hill, The noise of rustling foliage and I think some stomping is audible to build up to the Indominus in the smashed wall.

I think it can be heard at 3:33 of this POV.

Also, I almost forgot about one other detail worth mentioning in this POV, but the ride stalls for a moment as the T-Rex appears, so you get to see a bit more of the Indominus' motion profile for when it happens.

Last edited:
Something I forgot to mention, but when I last went on the ride on May 8th, I think they silently added something that I definitely don't remember hearing on April 15.

When you're passing through predator cove and you're turning the corner towards the lift hill, The noise of rustling foliage and I think some stomping is audible to build up to the Indominus in the smashed wall.

Also, I almost forgot about one other detail worth mentioning in this POV, but the ride stalls for a moment as the T-Rex appears, so you get to see a bit more of the Indominus' motion profile for when it happens.

I also noticed in another POV it looks like the foliage is now also moving along the bars of that right wall after the smashed open gate).

I know the foliage moved inside the gate, but I hadn’t noticed it from that other area until that POV. Unless it was just wind? …

Actually, I believe the rustling foilage has always been there (since the reopening, anyway). But honestly, I think must guests just attribute it to wind

The rustling has definitely been clear from the gate, I just hadnt noticed it on the bar side at all, unless most POVs just miss it.

The moving plants were from the 1.0 version of the finale.

Wow this ride is fantastic at night! The difference is night and day ; )

I’m starting to see the flaws in the story the more I ride. I think I benefit from not having ridden it until this year and always seeing the I Rex in action at the end. If it wasn’t for that crazy Dino, I think I’d prefer JP.

I guess I just have pretty bad luck, I have now been on the ride more times with the IRex down than I have with it working

Yeah, I think it's unfortunately bad luck. I rode again around 6, and while there was a bit of a delay on the lift, we did get the full Indo profile.

I've gotten some bad luck recently, too. All in all, though, the hiccups do feel pretty rare.

One thing I am super grateful for is that the first time I rode this with the full I-Rex in place, it worked flawlessly. Blue, T-Rex, and I-Rex were all on point, there was no delay on the drop or a boat in front of us or anything. Just a picture perfect experience. Having that as my intro has made me way less grouchy when it doesn't work perfectly. (Not accusing anyone of being grouchy here, just speaking personally!)

Last time I rode, the I Rex was perfectly in sync with the foot steps Sfx. It was jaw dropping. I rode alone with the entire boat to myself and the ride was legit creepy to be on without anyone else.

I was at the park on Sunday and rode 4 times and the Indo Rex worked every time. I think the changes to the ride are fantastic and make it way better. I think this might be my favorite ride in California now that Splash Mountain is closing down. It is far and away the best ride in the park.

I was at the park on Sunday and rode 4 times and the Indo Rex worked every time. I think the changes to the ride are fantastic and make it way better. I think this might be my favorite ride in California now that Splash Mountain is closing down. It is far and away the best ride in the park.
How have the wait times been? Do you think it'll be manageable in August?

How have the wait times been? Do you think it'll be manageable in August?

Seems to vary wildly. The park was crushed on Saturday - everything had multi-hour waits. The very next day, I never saw Jurassic World breach 45 minutes. It most often comfortably sat around 25, which really translated to 10.