Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Seems to vary wildly. The park was crushed on Saturday - everything had multi-hour waits. The very next day, I never saw Jurassic World breach 45 minutes. It most often comfortably sat around 25, which really translated to 10.
That's great to know. Whenever I fly to CA for a vacation I try to do USH on a weekday cause I know it's gonna be a lot less busy. Hopefully it stays that way!

How have the wait times been? Do you think it'll be manageable in August?

Seconding getting to the park early. When I’ve gone, I’ve lined up at the front gates at 7:45 AM and when let in at 8:30 AM, booked it to the lower lot entrance. They hold you until 9 AM and when you get down there, you’ll be the first one on JW, walking right on. Mummy will also be a walk on right after.

How have the wait times been? Do you think it'll be manageable in August?

I got to the park around 5pm on Sunday, and the wait was around 30 minutes. Right before the park was about to close, it was a walk-on. So if you don't get their super early, the lines should be non-existent close to park closing.

I got to the park around 5pm on Sunday, and the wait was around 30 minutes. Right before the park was about to close, it was a walk-on. So if you don't get their super early, the lines should be non-existent close to park closing.
Gone are the 4 hour waits at night on a work/school weekday

Has the I-Rex been pretty consistent so far for frequent visitors or is it more downtime than uptime?

The full-body Indominus has worked on each of my 5 rides over the past week. I only had one instance where the overhead indoor Indominus head was lit but motionless (audio played). I've noticed the outdoor Predator Cove Indominus head will sometimes fire a bit too early, leaving it nearly motionless by the time the boat fully passes.

I never noticed until my last ride on Friday that Blue walks out of the darkness toward your vehicle. Pretty wild. I had only seen him already near the boat.

Had a interesting run today. All ride power cut off before thr lift hill. Lift, sound etc powered off. Ride came back on line in about 5 min lift hill started with the lights on. All animatronics were not working and we were stalled at final for awhile. Ride ops handed out express passes when we go off. View attachment 14823

This creeps me out more than when they’re working.

Finally got to ride with the new additions and wow, the Indo is insane, the claws were literally right above my head and just absolutely towering over the raft. A bit disappointed the Blue animatronic was not working but yeah, that was awesome. Also my boat stopped on the very first lift hill and I was absolutely preparing for the worst and getting evacuated since it seemed the whole queue/ spiel was shut down too. Luckily everything got up and running

JW today only went to a 65 minute wait at most and was at a 20 minute wait for a good hour or two after opening. Was pretty much 45 throughout most of the day and dropped to 25 prior to closing. Got to go on it 3 times as a result, and the Indo worked fine.

Funny enough, on my 1st and 3rd rides, the ride stalled for a minute or two at the lift hill into T-Rex kingdom, and apparently the score that plays in that area repeats a few times if there's a boat still in there apparently. Same deal with the Indo head before it, which only happened on my first ride.

Also, I traveled a bit two weeks ago and saw an interesting sight in the form of an ad for the ride at one of the terminals at LAX Airport:
SSjP5b5.jpg

So I’m guessing it’s been a while since anyone has had any issues with the new I-Rex AA being down? I’ve done about 8-9 rides now and have only seen the T-Rex offline. Just curious if anyone has seen it down recently or at HHN?

Apparently, they made a new Parasaurolophus and plopped the old one into the Studio tour. Must have been there for a while.

More in the tweet, btw