General Movies & TV Thread | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Boy, is this insanely stupid.

Based on the actual suit, no it isn’t. They were suing over Yesterday’s marketing Ana de Armas in the film all the way up to release only for her not to be in the film.

It was also a bad job on the lawyer’s part in defending the case as I think the studio could’ve won, but based on what they argued, it made it easy.

What really needs to be made clear and what the judge and likely doesn’t understand is how Hollywood works films are made and then trailer farms put together trailers for movies and in the editing process, sometimes people get cut out. That’s what needed to be explained.

Agreed

I liked them using deleted scenes in Infinity War and Rogue One...kept more of the movie hidden
Infinity War is so different because there’s footage in the trailer of Hulk doing some stuff he doesn’t do in the movie… but he was in the movie. Ana de Armas wasn’t. That’s the argument.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Based on the actual suit, no it isn’t. They were suing over Yesterday’s marketing Ana de Armas in the film all the way up to release only for her not to be in the film.

She's not even in the trailer that much, just for a few seconds. If it was a cut scene, then she couldn't have had that big a part from the start for them to market. I mean, it's not like she was really much of a household name in 2019. Also, I don't even see her on any of the posters.

Does this mean I get to sue Disney for putting characters from other films in the Lilo & Stitch trailer and poster?

It was also a bad job on the lawyer’s part in defending the case as I think the studio could’ve won, but based on what they argued, it made it easy.

What really needs to be made clear and what the judge and likely doesn’t understand is how Hollywood works films are made and then trailer farms put together trailers for movies and in the editing process, sometimes people get cut out. That’s what needed to be explained.

And to that, I'll agree. Obviously, Universal had every intention of keeping her in the movie by the time that trailer was released until they (justifiably or not) decided to cut her before the release. My big fear now is that if a filmmaker realizes that a scene/plotline ultimately isn't working during the cutting room stage, it's still going to have to be kept in so that they don't get sued.

This is such a slippery slope...

Lol I hate that they're teasing us with these ads for a show that won't air again for like a year. The "he's not there, you can't see him" line got me hyped to see all these characters return! Wonder if Ncuti will fit into these episodes or if that was just a marketing thing?

Lol I hate that they're teasing us with these ads for a show that won't air again for like a year. The "he's not there, you can't see him" line got me hyped to see all these characters return! Wonder if Ncuti will fit into these episodes or if that was just a marketing thing?

I believe Ncuti is appearing in the specials too. Dunno if as tease or as a larger part of the plot. I have some tories how it could work out.

He will def be appearing in the 3rd special but will he appear before that we will just have to wait and see tbh

Saw Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

Easily the best Animated movie of the year, the kinda film I wish I saw growing up. Its got the best action out side of Kung Fu Panda 2 from Dream works, most the jokes land, the animation feels soooooo good throughout the entire film, lots of interesting side character, with one of the best villains we have had in years in a family film. Also its just got so much Imagination like they just do whatever they want because its fun and they can and uses pretty much every minute of its runtime without boring you. if you need a fun movie to see go enjoy Puss in Boots.

I have to agree. Wife and I saw on Christmas Day afternoon in an almost empty theater. Enjoyed but two minor issues for me. First Antonio Banderas voice in the opening singing number seemed very scratchy to me. I wonder if his voice is shot. Second, I didn't like some of the animation, I e. when a major action strike was about to come down. Seemed really jolting. Finally...good setup for a sort of sequel plus I'm in love with Perro!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I have to agree. Wife and I saw on Christmas Day afternoon in an almost empty theater. Enjoyed but two minor issues for me. First Antonio Banderas voice in the opening singing number seemed very scratchy to me. I wonder if his voice is shot. Second, I didn't like some of the animation, I e. when a major action strike was about to come down. Seemed really jolting. Finally...good setup for a sort of sequel plus I'm in love with Perro!
Its tied as my favorite film of the year

Its just a really good film and hate that its going to be ignored until it hits peacock. I hope it wins the Oscar and that could also get more people to see it...later. But Universal is smart and the film only cost like 90 million so should break even at the very least but the storm is really going to hurt it....unless its like How to Train your dragon and weeks 3-5 are higher then the first two weekends

So Titanic getting a Worldwide 25th anniversary re-release on February 10th in 3D/4K/HDR along with added HFR. When they added 3D to the movie in 2012, it was probably the best conversion of adding 3D later that i've ever seen so i'm interesting in how the 4K remaster with HFR looks.

What's funny is that right aroung February 10th is when Avatar 2 may have just passed Titanic at the Worldwide box office and domestic box office, so Titanic Cameron will pass himself and then re-release one of his other $2B movies so that he can just leapfrog himself again. Looking at the all-time box office chart, it's very possible Titanic could overtake Infinity war on the domestic chart with this release as Titanic is $19M behind. The re-release is currently projected to open between $8-13M domestic.

I love T2 (terminator) the rest of Cameron’s films, i don’t understand the hype

Most are too long, heck T2 is kinda too long.

I wish I understood to hype but titanic and avatar to me are just Tim’s, they are epic but to me the rest of the film aren’t as enjoyable as other classics that even if I don’t love I understand why people love them.

for example district 9 is a very similar plot to avatar and I find it 10 times more realistic and the person in the film does the right thing only at the end plus it’s not because he’s attracted to the aliens, to me that’s what makes it much more interesting.
Anyone can want to help the blue people but ugly bug looking things and getting nothing in return? That’s too me a story

just my two cents because Cameron films just make money for being so simple yet when other studios make simple films people say they are boring or uninteresting

Reactions: tielo
I love T2 (terminator) the rest of Cameron’s films, i don’t understand the hype

Most are too long, heck T2 is kinda too long.

I wish I understood to hype but titanic and avatar to me are just Tim’s, they are epic but to me the rest of the film aren’t as enjoyable as other classics that even if I don’t love I understand why people love them.

for example district 9 is a very similar plot to avatar and I find it 10 times more realistic and the person in the film does the right thing only at the end plus it’s not because he’s attracted to the aliens, to me that’s what makes it much more interesting.
Anyone can want to help the blue people but ugly bug looking things and getting nothing in return? That’s too me a story

just my two cents because Cameron films just make money for being so simple yet when other studios make simple films people say they are boring or uninteresting
For me it's T2, Aliens, The Abyss and Titanic - Cameron at his peak.

I don't think I will be seeing anymore Avatar movies at the theater, I understand people love them but they are not for me. Just a shame Cameron has tied himself to 20 years of Avatar universe.

For me it's T2, Aliens, The Abyss and Titanic - Cameron at his peak.

I don't think I will be seeing anymore Avatar movies at the theater, I understand people love them but they are not for me. Just a shame Cameron has tied himself to 20 years of Avatar universe.
35 years to the Avatar franchise really once all 5 movies are done with and we're entering (or possibly in) the 2030's. In 1996, he announced he would be directing a project called "Project 880". That's two years after True Lies came out and only one year before Titanic, which was his last film before Avatar. He waited on Project 880 because he determined the visual effects was nowhere near ready.

This is when he turned to Weta Digital (Co-founded by his friend Peter Jackson) and helped them pioneer the industry forward, using Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy as a test case for where VFX were in in the early to mid 2000's and to where Cameron thought they were capable of going for his Project 880 movie, which turned into Avatar by 2006 when Fox gave it the green light.

In a way, it is definitely a bit too bad that he settled on this franchise to end his career, but at the same time, it's what he wants to do and it's also not like he didn't get Alita: Battle Angel off the ground and make it happen as an EP (which he would've loved to direct and just couldn't because of schedule) and Alita 2 is looking likely now as a courtesy to Cameron because of the success of Avatar: TWOW. There's not enough time in the world to do every project that you'd love to direct as a director, Cameron has said so himself.

AMC is rumored to have pricing based on what seats you have (wont affect A list) but still its hard enough to get my friends to see movies, this will not help and no clue why you'd try this as Box Office is kinda fine right now but they are crazy if they think most people want to pay in a movie to sit in the middle. This isn't a concert, your turning a projector. Plus the issues will arise if people steal your seats that you paid extra for and now the entire theater has to miss parts of a movie because you want a few extra bucks.
My suggestion to draw people in have more events, like Antman you should be giving free items away like posters NIGHT one at all locations and hire someone dressed like him and use map projections on the theaters to make it feel like something special, second either get better options or lower prices on candy and food, I have zero reasons to not sneak in snacks for 1/3 or lower of the cost. But rasing prices on certain seats isn't going to helo you when you can watch Mando or Last of Us for 10 bucks a months and is similar quality to a 10-20 dollar per ticket movie.

I might go to Regal if this happens because my friends already hate fees and this is just another fee with zero added extras

If these are discounts on unideal seats, then meh. It is kind of silly to be sit in the front row and pay the same amount as someone who got a better seat. But if they're actually going to charge more for a better seat than what a typical ticket costs, then yeah, no bueno.

If these are discounts on unideal seats, then meh. It is kind of silly to be sit in the front row and pay the same amount as someone who got a better seat. But if they're actually going to charge more for a better seat than what a typical ticket costs, then yeah, no bueno.
My thoughts more or less. If they're just discounting the front row seats because they don't sell well, I don't mind too much

Movie theaters don’t make much money at all and have very slim margins so I can understand the reasoning for this and won’t be surprised if the other chains follow suit.

I don’t like it, but I understand it. I go to see movies in theaters probably five times or so per year so overall this doesn’t bother me much.

Reactions: salismetho
Movie theaters don’t make much money at all and have very slim margins so I can understand the reasoning for this and won’t be surprised if the other chains follow suit.

I don’t like it, but I understand it. I go to see movies in theaters probably five times or so per year so overall this doesn’t bother me much.
Then movies will die

its arrogant but let me try to say what I think would help thesters
1) make movies events, hire a guy to dress like antman or do a cool photo op for new films. It’s literally getting your customers more hyped and free advertising from them posting about it online
2) use projecting mapping on your theaters to draw people in
3) make a ten dollar soda and popcorn bundle
4) cut the price on your candy, if the dollar store can sell it for a buck you can sell it for 3 bucks and still make profits
5) decorate your stores more, Halloween time put up old Halloween movie posters and play scary movie music and at Christmas do the same but with Christmas themes
6) hire people who want to be there, most people make zero conversations at theater’s hire movie fans to at least ask what your watching and then make other suggestions based on what your seeing/like
You have to spend money to make money and have to put more effort in then they currently are when a movie ticket is 20-30 bucks in CA/NY you need to make going to films more of an event

Reactions: SeventyOne
I used to think "man I would pay more money for a movie ticket in a theater where they really were strict on people talking and being on their phones and generally being ignorant in the theater."

But now I realize that no. Those people should pay more money for a ticket where they can talk and be loud in the theater instead.

I love going to the theater but I am firmly in the "they gon die" camp at this point.