General Movies & TV Thread | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Doing a Barbenheimer Double Feature on Thursday and seeing both in Dolby. Oppenheimer first and then Barbie. I figure at least if Oppenheimer is another overly-long, overhyped/mediocre Nolan film, i'm still gonna go home on a high.

giphy.gif

Doing a Barbenheimer Double Feature on Thursday and seeing both in Dolby. Oppenheimer first and then Barbie. I figure at least if Oppenheimer is another overly-long, overhyped/mediocre Nolan film, i'm still gonna go home on a high.

giphy.gif
I feel like Tenet could've easily been a masterpiece with a lot of refining...that it wasn't was so on brand for 2020. :|

I hope that concept is toyed around with again in the future, because it was so creative.

giphy.gif
we're going the opposite way with a little hot pot date night dinner in between. if the movie is a slog, it'll be whiskey and coke time. godspeed to both of us.

we're going the opposite way with a little hot pot date night dinner in between. if the movie is a slog, it'll be whiskey and coke time. godspeed to both of us.
For me, i'm seeing Oppenheimer alone. I have a group coming for Barbie so it's a bit more of a party. Plus, at a 9PM showing, i'd rather the vibes that Barbie is gonna give than a three hour epic to cap the night. Later at night I prefer horror or light-hearted movies/comedies.

Finished The Morning Show, season 3 is this September.

Season 1, overall brilliant, well written and crafted, great drama. Not the best show ever but overall terrific.

Season 2, CHAOS. Writers got screwed over by Covid, I don’t mind them including it at all and I assume it was filmed during the pandemic. That absolutely derailed the season a bit objectively but Honeslty I was here for the ride. It’s very entertaining drama and very twisty.

My hope is Season 3 is closer to Season 1, but I do think they need to continue to just ramp up drama as it’s my main intrigue of the show, building more and more chaos. Chaos is a ladder! Good show, I’d highly recommend. I feel it’s never talked about.

Speaking of Apple Plus

Just started Shrinking, episode one was good. Its nice to see Ford in a Comedy, he is very funny on podcasts and interviews not sure why it took him so long to jump into a show like this

Due to timing, I'm only getting Barbie in on Thursday, but I'll be getting Oppenheimer in ASAP because Haunted Mansion looks like too much fun to pass up next weekend. Two blogs I follow gave Oppenheimer glowing reviews, possibly calling it Nolan's masterpiece. Bit strong, so hopefully it meets the hype. Barbie just looks like it's so much fun.

(That being said, I've heard next to nothing about Haunted Mansion, and I assume it's gonna under perform.)

Me and some friends have a Barbenheimer screening planned for Saturday. Oppenheimer first in the morning and some will be wearing suits (not me because I don’t have my suit at my new place and also wouldn’t wear one for a 2 1/2 movie lol), then the change into pink for Barbie in the afternoon. Cannot wait!

Best I can do is see it 70mm at Disney Springs, which I may do if I enjoy the movie. I also plan to see Haunted Mansion next week as someone else was mentioning. I'm going in with extremely low expectations and if it's actually good (which I thought Jungle Cruise was - hope that gets a sequel), then i'll walk out happy. The comedy so far seems a bit too jokey though (I like more raunchy humor), so we'll see.

Now why in the hell would he say some nonsense like this other than to troll bait?

Just to keep this brief without rehashing a tired debate: Boyega has said that he wasn't satisfied with the arc of his character over the trilogy and felt like there was too much of a focus on Rey and Kylo Ren at the expense of everyone else. I can only assume that he thinks his role in Last Jedi was where he personally felt most wasted as from that point forward, Finn pretty much just wandered around everywhere asking for Rey.

Now why in the hell would he say some nonsense like this other than to troll bait?

I do think he actually believes this, for whatever it's worth. I also think he's done all this without acknowledging how crummy it has been for others in the cast, particularly kellie marie tran. so, not the best! I am not a fan.

Reactions: Nick