General Movies & TV Thread | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I asked basically the same question on the horror movie thread, but what is something in a film that just turns you off from seeing it (either again or for the first time) regardless of the quality of the rest of the film?

I just watched Twisters and thought it was just dumb. So many issues. It pales immensely to the original.
I never seen either, but wasn’t the original Twister already a brainless dumb movie?

I personally wouldn't call TWISTER "dumb." The character dynamics are well thought-out and performed.

"Brainless," perhaps, but not in a negative way. It just wants to deliver a really fun time, and doesn't let too much get in the way of it achieving that goal.

Dumb and brainless (kind of) imply a flaw or a mistake. I think TWISTER is exactly the movie it wants to be.

I asked basically the same question on the horror movie thread, but what is something in a film that just turns you off from seeing it (either again or for the first time) regardless of the quality of the rest of the film?

I never seen either, but wasn’t the original Twister already a brainless dumb movie?
the original twister had pretty amazing cast. the story was simple but the cast was wonderful.
they made it epic.

as for turn offs, bad music. or bad acting. I never saw Chappie again because of the actors. but the movie was pretty good. if characters are annoying I don't watch it again.
I can't remember what other movie was it, but the music made me not finish it.

Tardy to the party, but as someone who could never get into anime, completely surprised that I love the live-action OnePiece. Kind of an 80s Terry Gilliam vibe, a mixed-up world blending various fantasy and modern tropes that's just always visually interesting. Mostly kid-friendly but not afraid to get dark at times, either. Actors are likeable enough portraying stock characters. As I alluded to, no idea how it compares v. the animation, but as its own thing a fun ride.

• Love
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Tardy to the party, but as someone who could never get into anime, completely surprised that I love the live-action OnePiece. Kind of an 80s Terry Gilliam vibe, a mixed-up world blending various fantasy and modern tropes that's just always visually interesting. Mostly kid-friendly but not afraid to get dark at times, either. Actors are likeable enough portraying stock characters. As I alluded to, no idea how it compares v. the animation, but as its own thing a fun ride.

that show is truly beautiful. I loved it so much. I loved how goofy everything was. amazing. make up and costumes. I loved the main lead so much.
the animation I didn't like lol :lol: