Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Movies & TV Thread

For any SNL fans out there, lots of news today and lately, here’s what I got so far:

- Premiere on October 3rd
- No live audience, cast and crew quarantines before heading back to NYC. Zoom when possible
- Maya is indeed back as Kamala, as is Baldwin for Trump. No announcement for Pence, but I don’t see Beck Bennet not playing him.
- Big news today, JIM CARREY will be playing Joe Biden. I liked a Woody, and I love Jason Sudekis so this is a shock for sure. I personally don’t enjoy Jim Carrey but that being said, I can see it. He’s got a similiar smile in a way. Could work
- THREE, yes, THREE new cast members. Andrew Dismukes, Lauren Holt, and Punkie Johnson. Officially the largest cast in the history of the show. I highly suspect they were case because we are losing possibly at least 5, and as big as 8 people this season at some point. The show needs fresh blood.
- No word yet on if there will be/who are the Hosts and Music Guests, however SNL normally only reveals a couple of weeks becore the show regardless.

For any SNL fans out there, lots of news today and lately, here’s what I got so far:

- Premiere on October 3rd
- No live audience, cast and crew quarantines before heading back to NYC. Zoom when possible
- Maya is indeed back as Kamala, as is Baldwin for Trump. No announcement for Pence, but I don’t see Beck Bennet not playing him.
- Big news today, JIM CARREY will be playing Joe Biden. I liked a Woody, and I love Jason Sudekis so this is a shock for sure. I personally don’t enjoy Jim Carrey but that being said, I can see it. He’s got a similiar smile in a way. Could work
- THREE, yes, THREE new cast members. Andrew Dismukes, Lauren Holt, and Punkie Johnson. Officially the largest cast in the history of the show. I highly suspect they were case because we are losing possibly at least 5, and as big as 8 people this season at some point. The show needs fresh blood.
- No word yet on if there will be/who are the Hosts and Music Guests, however SNL normally only reveals a couple of weeks becore the show regardless.
Lorne confirmed he's still Pence

Lorne confirmed he's still Pence
Ya I missed that in article, glad, Beck is stellar as Pence.

Maya as Kamala is lighting in a bottle though, they haven't had such a hit, spot on impression like that since Tina Fey id say as Palin. Larry was great as Bernie, but Bernie never made it to the Presidential debates so, I feel Maya's character is a bit more overall historic. Excited to see how this all works, and I pray for everyones safety!

The new cast members seem really solid as well. Punkie has great stand up on youtube, Lauren was apparently going to be hired for the last 6 episode last season but obviously those episodes were cancelled, and Andrew Dismukes is a writer for the show and has truly written several of my favorite sketches in the last few years. Im hyped for all of them!

That is a great cast.

I do like to see Brendan Fraser getting more work.

SNL has announced their next 2 shows, with Chris Rock and Megan Thee Stallion this Saturday. Should sure as hell be a moment in history this season, let’s pray their safe and are able to pull this off.

That being said, the next 2 episodes will be:

October 10th: Bill Burr w/ Morgan Wallen

October 17th: Issa Rae w/ Justin Bieber

I’m far more excited for the 17th, mainly because of Issa Rae. She should make a wonderful host honestly. Burr I’ve never really seen tbh, but I know many love him.

Without adding my own comment or opinion, all I’ll say is SNL sure as hell has plenty of material to work with this week.

Without adding my own comment or opinion, all I’ll say is SNL sure as hell has plenty of material to work with this week.

I could honestly see them not going down that route now. Without trying to speculate too heavily on a specific person's health, mocking this week's events may very well be in bad taste depending on how the next 24 hours play out.

I could honestly see them not going down that route now. Without trying to speculate too heavily on a specific person's health, mocking this week's events may very well be in bad taste depending on how the next 24 hours play out.
Ya, this was said pre-hospitalization. Avoid at all
Costs imo. I don’t think we see trump on the show now which is as it should be.

Morgan Wallen, who was supposed to be the Music Guest on SNL this weekend has been uninvited from this, as he was seen partying in Alabama last weekend and kissing many girls. Idiot, this could've been his legit big break and he blew it to party, smh.

No word on if a music guest replacement will be there, I doubt it due to quarantine rules, however Paul Simon strikes me as the kind of guy who's been quarantining since his last SNL performance 2 years ago. He's my only guess for a replacement. Happy to wake up to this news, I mean he broke NYC quarantine rules but hey rules aren't enforced in this country often enough so I guess its nice to see.

Man I hope SNL can remain safe.

Well, in a total shock, ADELE will be hosting Saturday Night Live this upcoming Saturday. Should be a treat! She will not be the music guest however, that will be H.E.R.

exciting!