Ghost/Paranormal Stories from USH | Inside Universal Forums

Ghost/Paranormal Stories from USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Allen The Actor

Allen The Actor
Jan 10, 2013
Hill Valley, California
Let's post ghost stories that we've heard about that take place in USH or on the studio lot! Universal has many, with the obvious one being Stage 28 being haunted by the ghost of Lon Chaney, to Back To The Future The Ride having multiple famous stories as well!

Post any ghost stories you know, or anything paranormal you've experienced or heard about at the park! Cast members, feel free to post any inside stories or rumors about paranormal stuff as well!

Reactions: Krusty
I know behind Strollerland (where the guest services employees clock it) is haunted. Lights turned off by themselves once, and a friend had a drawer just slam shut out of nowhere.

I Wish All of us Universal Fans Can take a Night Tour of the Haunted Backlot Sets. lol Who Agrees???  :D   ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Krusty
Perhaps I got this one wrong, but I've heard stories of a girl supposedly dying inside Back to the Future/Simpsons. Something about her haunting the ride building.

Yeah, I've heard the little boy/girl story many years ago, they died from head trauma on the ride (BTTF) or something like that and would many times be heard/seen in the omnimax domes at night and weird things would happen. Hey, you never know, maybe it's true! I know in it's early days BTTF had many complaints and accidents. Didn't someone get their hand cut off or severely damaged from the closing gullwing door?

On a note about Disney, my friend is a medium, and believe it or not, he says there's an unbelievable amount of ghosts in and all around Disneyland, but most are just happy haunts that felt a connection with the park. None in DCA of course ;)

I've done some extensive internet research on ride deaths and injuries all over the world and barely found anything for USH (no deaths at all), but TONS of injuries and deaths at USO. The only one I can remember right now is the man who fell down into the track while boarding RotM (and then a lady had a heart attack shortly after, can't remember if she died though). Oh and the Dragon Challenge coasters that used to run at the same time, there was a guy who only had vision from one eye and someone from the other coaster threw something out, hitting the guy straight in his only good eye and blinding him.

Have there been any confirmed deaths at USH? I'm assuming yes if there's ghosts, but yeah. :lol:

What is the Lon Chaney story?
This is what I retrieved from theStudioTour.com

A caped figure has been seen running around the catwalks above the stage - could this be Lon Chaney repeating his most famous role even after death in 1930? Other reported phenomena include lights turning on and off and doors opening and shutting. An electrician reportedly fell to his death from a catwalk in 1925.

I haven't heard about any. I'm assuming it's low relative to the other parks in the area. Does anyone know?
No deaths at Universal Studios Hollywood has occurred, only injuries.

That's a good thing. Universal has a good reputation in safety. The only thing the tourists need to worry is not be stupid and lean or jump over the StarWay or over the cliff over by T2, (now DM)

It isn't exactly likely for someone to die in a simulator! Most deaths in theme parks occur on roller coasters, and we only have one (and it's quite mild compared to others around the country).

What I find ironic is that carousels are less safer than coasters. Lol. But yeah, the simulator can't harm since you are enclosed in the vehicle, unless if you stick your foot or arm outside of the "vehicle".

There have been deaths at USH. Most are natural (heart attacks unrelated to rides etc), however a scareactor was run over by the terror tram years ago (back when they would interact with the tram) and died.

There have been deaths at USH. Most are natural (heart attacks unrelated to rides etc), however a scareactor was run over by the terror tram years ago (back when they would interact with the tram) and died.
Odd. Are you sure about the TT one? Tweeted John Murdy and he said no deaths at HHN.