Ghostz (HHN 2023) | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostz (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Discuss

A horde of blood-soaked, chainsaw-wielding ghosts, gather at the entrance to Halloween Horror Nights to rattle nerves.

I know adding "z" to the end of the scare zones is required by Universal City law, but having that "s" right next to the "z" in "Ghostz" is weirdly triggering lol.

I think it's such a dumb funny idea.....I think I'll be laughing more then scared at the idea, its a fun idea for a zone but very silly

I really wanna know what it's gonna take for us to get back to the pre 2020 originality for the upper lot zones. They've never been the most creative ideas in the world but you at least got stuff like exterminatorz, trick r treat, and spirits and demons, post-lockdown it seems like theyve just become physically incapable of a new idea or story that isnt a well worn basic trope for this section of the park, especially weird since the Parisian scarezone has been consistently unique and high quality all through the post-lockdown years, as a matter of fact if anything it's improved in that time.
Really hope in the future a bit more money is put into the zones now that we're stuck with only 3, and theyre competing with other halloween events with some of the most legendary scarezones of all time less than an hour away. Just never understand why they seem to be such an afterthought year after year.

Reactions: deadbydawn
I really wanna know what it's gonna take for us to get back to the pre 2020 originality for the upper lot zones. They've never been the most creative ideas in the world but you at least got stuff like exterminatorz, trick r treat, and spirits and demons, post-lockdown it seems like theyve just become physically incapable of a new idea or story that isnt a well worn basic trope for this section of the park, especially weird since the Parisian scarezone has been consistently unique and high quality all through the post-lockdown years, as a matter of fact if anything it's improved in that time.
Really hope in the future a bit more money is put into the zones now that we're stuck with only 3, and theyre competing with other halloween events with some of the most legendary scarezones of all time less than an hour away. Just never understand why they seem to be such an afterthought year after year.

Well, one factor is Murdy doesn't design them, another member on the team does. I'm guessing he gets a little more of a say on French Street since it serves as a continuation of the Parisian Courtyard maze, which might explain why those tend to be a little more sophisticated. They also have (comparatively) very low budgets, which is why most of their masks are always modified off-the-shelf models. I hear you, though.

It's very rare, I find anyone's Scare Zones that impressive

Maybe in Florida they can do more but Knotts, Six Flags, Sea World and USH has all to me never had that great of scarezones

I think the Death Eaters in Potter area are by far the best I've seen but....it's also unfair because the land area they are in matches them and is so well themed.
When Holidays in Hell was a mini maze/scarezone that was also great but that's an exception to the rule (also would loveeeeee to see another mini maze like that next year if they have space...I did Holiday in Hell like 4 times when it was one)

It's very rare, I find anyone's Scare Zones that impressive

Maybe in Florida they can do more but Knotts, Six Flags, Sea World and USH has all to me never had that great of scarezones

I think the Death Eaters in Potter area are by far the best I've seen but....it's also unfair because the land area they are in matches them and is so well themed.
When Holidays in Hell was a mini maze/scarezone that was also great but that's an exception to the rule (also would loveeeeee to see another mini maze like that next year if they have space...I did Holiday in Hell like 4 times when it was one)
IMO it's kind of a situation where Orlando shines for it's unique concept ideas where you're constantly throwing new things at the wall and many of them sticking, and Knotts shines for it's consistency and park cohesion, where every zone presents a consistent feel and flavor that's sort of unique to that event in its own right.
Hollywood kinda just doesn't shine in either, we don't really get unique concepts aside from a few gems here and there, usually in French Street, and the feel and energy isnt really consistent between years either because the concepts and costumes have a lot of influence over a zones energy.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
IMO it's kind of a situation where Orlando shines for it's unique concept ideas where you're constantly throwing new things at the wall and many of them sticking, and Knotts shines for it's consistency and park cohesion, where every zone presents a consistent feel and flavor that's sort of unique to that event in its own right.
Hollywood kinda just doesn't shine in either, we don't really get unique concepts aside from a few gems here and there, usually in French Street, and the feel and energy isnt really consistent between years either because the concepts and costumes have a lot of influence over a zones energy.
No shade at Knotts but for me Clowns while its a theme to me it's also not that creative, no idea if they have moved past just clowns but many times I've gone they have clowns and then monsters.

USH has 3 bird stilt walkers and I lovedddddd just the one last year. So it's kinda to each there own and the forest area last year (near animal actors) was pretty cool.

I wont be against them putting more effort in but....to me the weakest parts any times to these events are the scarezones. I'm here for the detailed mazes and more personal scares

Wow. This is the most creative and interesting concept they had in years! Ghosts with chainsaws….but add a “z” at the end. GENIUS!!!!!

But seriously, I think more of the fault lies with the fact that there is essentially no room to work with in this park for any creative scarezones. They can’t really do much so they’re locked into simplistic themes like this.

It's the Chainsaw Horde for this year and that's all I really care about. Call me simple but I see a Chainsaw and my brain goes BRRRR, love em, hope the designs of the Ghostz are cool and fun to draw too!

Reactions: marip123