Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Awesome Mix Live!

The two places I've seen in life with bars every 20 feet are HHN and World Showcase. EPCOT adding a show from the creator of Bill & Teds right in the middle of their international bar crawl feels like an obvious choice to me.

Roddy created B&T? Thought that was before his time.

I thought it was Jason Surrell that started (or at least first wrote) Bill & Ted. Either way the new show at Epcot has the same vibe is some of the earlier iterations of the Beetlejuice show at Universal.

man it's been a sad year for Orlando park attractions so far...maybe I'll finally go to Sea World this fall.

Also, keep in mind that the only other resorts that don't have this show are Tokyo and Hong Kong. It's better that we have some variation of this show and that they are capitalizing on Guardians in some way than nothing at all.

It's shocking how 80's disco this band from another planet looks. You can see that if Disney has the change to do something Marvel in Orlando they go all the way. I'm glad this exists, it's canon now, right?

But I have a question about the amazing backstory. This is a cultural exchange and a band is sent to earth to perform...music from the USA?

Last edited:
It's shocking how 80's disco this band from another planet looks. You can see that if Disney has the change to do something Marvel in Orlando they go all the way. I'm glad this exists, it's canon now, right?

But I have a question about the amazing backstory. This is a cultural exchange and a band is sent to earth to perform...music from the USA?
I think I love you

It's just that it doesn't seem like the folks that would like this show would be hanging in the back of world showcase.

I find this to be the opposite. The older crowd tends to like World Showcase more than the teens tend do, but teens will still go back there because it is Guardians. Baby Boomers loved the first Guardians because of the 70s music and that same crowd loves these nostalgia music shows.

They start by performing a "native" song, until StarLord runs out and tells them it's horrible, try this.

Embarrassed to say the new g/f told me after she almost got up and left because she thought it was going to be 30 minutes of random screaming and white noise. Just a reminder things we hard core theme park fans are jaded about still work gangbusters with more casual fans.

Just saw the show in-person for the first time. My opinions from watching it on YouTube were only reinforced by seeing it live. Singing is great, casting was phenomenal all around, although I couldn’t help but think of Star-Lord as Bill Preston, esq. every now and then :lol:. Paul Gadja pulled off the role better than I could’ve ever expected at a Disney offering.

For a Summer offering, you can’t really ask for much more. For my liking, it was actually better than many permanent shows on property.

Just saw the show in-person for the first time. My opinions from watching it on YouTube were only reinforced by seeing it live. Singing is great, casting was phenomenal all around, although I couldn’t help but think of Star-Lord as Bill Preston, esq. every now and then :lol:. Paul Gadja pulled off the role better than I could’ve ever expected at a Disney offering.

For a Summer offering, you can’t really ask for much more. For my liking, it was actually better than many permanent shows on property.
Anything is better than the lumberjack show haha