Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I FOUND THE VIDEO!!!!!!

Got some serious Space Mountain vibes from the lift sequence. That portion right before the backwards launch seemed very "Gringott's-ish" with that big screen. It look like the finale for Gringott's but in reverse.

Also, do they really play Dander Zone on the ride?
With the way the ride starts and “jumps” into the coaster portion…they had the perfect opportunity to use Van Halen’s “Jump”and just fumbled that one completely.

Cannot wait to ride this regardless though.
Love Roller Coaster was not on the track list for the ride despite it being used for the commercial (At least AFAIK). It sounds like this ride fumbled on some good music opportunities which is a little disappointing.
It's a shame that CM is probably going to get the proverbial boot
He took one for the team lol

While I'm usually sensitive to spoilers, I was deathly curious how the opening would be utilized. Looks fun from what little I've seen.

Reactions: MikePat
I feel the same way I do about the first footage we saw of Mario Kart. Neat visuals, but I can't parse how the ride vehicle is actually moving through the space.

Gotta wait for that SoCal 360 video that absolutely destroys the illusion.
In my experience, no POV has ever "spoiled" a ride for me as they simply never replicate the experience of physically being there, which is obvious

But I also understand why Disney and Universal are quick to push people to take things down.

SoCal360 has great POVs

I FOUND THE VIDEO!!!!!!

Got some serious Space Mountain vibes from the lift sequence. That portion right before the backwards launch seemed very "Gringott's-ish" with that big screen. It look like the finale for Gringott's but in reverse.

Also, do they really play Dander Zone on the ride?

Love Roller Coaster was not on the track list for the ride despite it being used for the commercial (At least AFAIK). It sounds like this ride fumbled on some good music opportunities which is a little disappointing.

He took one for the team lol

While I'm usually sensitive to spoilers, I was deathly curious how the opening would be utilized. Looks fun from what little I've seen.
You gon DM it to me queen?

Reactions: PenguinCowboy

Yep, like Devo’s “Whip It” was right. there. Even “You Spin Me Right Round”. Even “September” (which I love) if we’re talking Earth, Wind & Fire singles “Let’s Groove” & “Boogie Wonderland”feel like they’d fit better on a rollercoaster than “September”. That said though, my preview is 2 weeks from tomorrow and I haven’t been this excited for a Disney ride since RotR so I cannot wait!

Yep, like Devo’s “Whip It” was right. there. Even “You Spin Me Right Round”. Even “September” (which I love) if we’re talking Earth, Wind & Fire singles “Let’s Groove” & “Boogie Wonderland”feel like they’d fit better on a rollercoaster than “September”. That said though, my preview is 2 weeks from tomorrow and I haven’t been this excited for a Disney ride since RotR so I cannot wait!
Hoping you post a full review, I'm beyond curious about every element of this coaster and think it's the most interesting attraction Disney has developed in a while

Reactions: Allison
Early Review: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind coaster is a hit (attractionsmagazine.com)
What I got from this review is that Disney created "baby's first rollercoaster".
I guess when you upgrade from diapers to pants you can visit Universal.
So I'm gathering this is a Gringotts if it didn't stop at its show scenes

Epcot honestly has Test Track which is the "fast" ride and Mission Space which is overly intense

I think this may have been the right call to include a more toned down coaster

Still tho, the rotation aspect has to add some different sensations you can't get on a lot of coasters

So I'm gathering this is a Gringotts if it didn't stop at its show scenes

Epcot honestly has Test Track which is the "fast" ride and Mission Space which is overly intense

I think this may have been the right call to include a more toned down coaster

Still tho, the rotation aspect has to add some different sensations you can't get on a lot of coasters
Also, isn't the launch supposed to be 60 mph? I understand that's only one part of the ride and it's actually a backwards launch, which I think probably takes some of the thrill out of the 60 mph, but still, it's tied for the fastest coaster in the resort at that speed. I guess after the initial jump it just slows down and utilizes the spinning more?

Also, isn't the launch supposed to be 60 mph? I understand that's only one part of the ride and it's actually a backwards launch, which I think probably takes some of the thrill out of the 60 mph, but still, it's tied for the fastest coaster in the resort at that speed. I guess after the initial jump it just slows down and utilizes the spinning more?

Wait, they made a 60 mph launch lame? Wow. That’s impressive

I heard that number floating around somewhere, but that means nothing to me if I'm not given a time period as to how quickly it will get to that speed.

Regardless, from the released picture inside, it does appear to launch straight into a break run...

I was holding out hope that we would fly through the break run, but apparently not

I'll be honest, I was expecting Mummy's launch, but backwards

Wow looks like there are some fantastic projection effects and it's a fun coaster in the dark

...that should have been open years ago
Yeah. Looks like my kind of attraction. Pure fun, with a tad of thrill, but not too much high coaster thrill. The type of ride I can ride tons of times over the years (if I can get on it with the long lines).