Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How is everyone feeling about softs? Seems like they have a pretty generous amount of AP & Cast Member previews which makes me think there won't be any, unfortunately.
For what it’s worth, I have heard that they are pushing it to the very end to have everything fully ready by the opening.
If that is true than a soft opening probably is not in the cards. But you never know.

Reactions: Eckert
I was blown away with old school ride through Madam Tussaud's Animated Laytex Museums in 1971 when I went to WDW for the first time over 50 years ago. It was new and exciting.
If GotG is genuinely better than the "old school Madam Tussaud's Animated Latex Museum" that is RotR, i'll bite my foot. That's nothing against anyone who loves the ride - hell, I expect to have a fun time with it. But RotR has the unique combination of being the most cutting edge, wow inducing, and fun attractions at the resort.

Just talking total experience, it already loses out because the queue will almost undoubtedly be a lesser experience from what Zach has shown and the ride is probably up there as one of the most fun attractions I don't doubt, but the coaster doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table from what we know about it (or else Disney would be talking about it) and it feels like many reviews haven't exactly been singing it's praises.

I feel like comparing to RotR is Apple to Oranges though. If we just compare to the existing coasters... then I still don't think it will be a slam dunk winner as Everest, RNRC, and Tron are seemingly all more intense. GotG has had a decent amount of reviews saying it's lacking intensity, although that could work in it's favor as that means it's accessible to more people.

Last edited:
I love Rise. It truly is one of the best theme park experiences ever made. But even if Guardians ends up being a very cool and upgraded Space Mountain with preshow elements and re-rideability with the different songs at the least...it'll make a lot of fans that Rise of the Resistance might not have.

I remember the comparison of ROTR vs. Hagrid's in 2019; Rise is a better experience and Hagrid's is a better ride, and I'm sure Guardians will end up in the ride category.

I love Rise. It truly is one of the best theme park experiences ever made. But even if Guardians ends up being a very cool and upgraded Space Mountain with preshow elements and re-rideability with the different songs at the least...it'll make a lot of fans that Rise of the Resistance might not have.

I remember the comparison of ROTR vs. Hagrid's in 2019; Rise is a better experience and Hagrid's is a better ride, and I'm sure Guardians will end up in the ride category.
That's why I said at the end of my last post that the comparison isn't even really even an apt one as they are two completely different types of things. The goal of a ride like GotG is to provide a bit of a thrilling and coaster experience for the whole family and not a ton more.

It'll certainly be one of the most popular rides at the resort. I just don't think it has what it takes from the rumors and what we know to ever possibly be my personal favorite at the Resort and definitely not in Orlando. I think we should be comparing it to coasters more than a complex dark ride, though.

Or just remember that when it opens, it will be hands-down the absolute best coaster in Epcot.
no-lies-detected-lie-detector.gif

Reactions: Nico
Comparing a dark ride like Rise to a roller coaster / thrill ride is kind of silly. It basically should be compared to its similarities to Space Mountain , Everest , and Rock n Roller coaster. I think this ride should take the top of that Line up, if not it will be a disappointment in my eyes.

Reactions: therock and Freak
Comparing a dark ride like Rise to a roller coaster / thrill ride is kind of silly. It basically should be compared to its similarities to Space Mountain , Everest , and Rock n Roller coaster. I think this ride should take the top of that Line up, if not it will be a disappointment in my eyes.
Depends what you are looking for as by all account GotG won't be near as themed as something like Everest nor really have the intensity that Everest gives on the backwards sections and the drop. I think this will be very similar to what a modernized Space Mountain should be like. Not extremely intense, tame enough for people of almost all ages, but still enough of a kick to make it fun, if not lacking in the on-ride theming department a bit.

I'll form my true opinion once I ride it, but from everything we've heard, I think there are definitely people who may like something like RNRC or Everest better still simply because they're more of actual thrill coasters whereas this kinda sounds like Gringotts in that it's got a stop/start issue in front of the screens potentially.

Reactions: belloq87
Isn't it presented by Di$ney as a story coaster? Than only Hagrids is the one to beat. I have a feeling Hagrids will win that by a landslide.

I’m not going to pretend to like Seven Dwarves Mine Train more than Big Thunder Mountain because it has animatronics in it. I’m not going to pretend to like Soarin more than Flight of Passage because it cost less money. I’ll take the most FUN ride you can give me 10 times out of 10. Once everyone here has given it a ride, then yeah by all means open up the discussion but to make an assumption standing outside of the building and use that as the basis for the few actual reviews we have is just counterproductive.
Wait, everyone here has to ride it before we can discuss it?

I'm pretty sure most of the people here are bots or broke history majors, so that's going to take a while

I would personally like to discuss the ride based on info that I have and adjust my opinion of it as new information arrives and I ride it myself

Isn't it presented by Di$ney as a story coaster? Than only Hagrids is the one to beat. I have a feeling Hagrids will win that by a landslide.
Hagrids may win for me on forceful launches alone...not to mention all the stunts it fits in through its layout

Well said, Rise is a journey, the ride is the finale

Guardians seems to fall more in line with 'pure ride'

Spoilers for the pre-shows:

No Epcot tie-in surprises, and the big “effect” sounds like a riff on something Star Trek: The Experience and Poseidon’s Fury both already did 20+ years ago (which is very cool, but hardly groundbreaking).

Reactions: frank_1991_
Apparently Cosmic Rewind will not have a standby and will be VQ and Lightning Lane only. Can anyone confirm?

If this is true, I may just skip Disney altogether when I go in September. I’m not going to spend all that money on tickets and then Lightning lane only to get screwed over.

Apparently Cosmic Rewind will not have a standby and will be VQ and Lightning Lane only. Can anyone confirm?

If this is true, I may just skip Disney altogether when I go in September. I’m not going to spend all that money on tickets and then Lightning lane only to get screwed over.

According to WDW Magic, yes.

• Sad
Reactions: therock and Freak

They only kept it around for Rat for a few weeks, right?

They only kept it around for Rat for a few weeks, right?
Months. Ride opened October 1, VQ was removed starting January 10th, and this is mostly because it has a very high capacity and because it isn't as overwhelmingly popular as something like GotG will be.

I'd bet VQ is around until at least when TRON opens and then TRON will have a VQ for awhile after that.