Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently the media event is happening in the next day or two. I saw several travel writers I follow are in town, as well as all the Disney brass. There's an elaborate stage setup in front of GOTG, and the rumor is Chris Pratt may be coming for the press event.

Apparently the media event is happening in the next day or two. I saw several travel writers I follow are in town, as well as all the Disney brass. There's an elaborate stage setup in front of GOTG, and the rumor is Chris Pratt may be coming for the press event.
May 4-6 is media. There's been a little bit of it today, but nothing major or nothing at the ride. They announced the Fantasmic! news and the VQ news to media in some sort of presentation setting today for example.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Disney telling us how we should feel when we do this ride:

The queue walkthrough: (It looks a lot like MiB but without the AA's and humor. The teleport effect is very Poseidon's Fury and is the best part of an otherwise boring queue.) Not sure who wrote the script and directed the actors but they have no business to be in this business (that is to many business'es).

Video's by Theme Park Insider

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico
It will be popular, and it is a much needed addition to Epcot. It's also Space Mountain 2.0 and overall underwhelming when you look at the amount of time it took to build and what I imagine the cost was.

I heard someone the other day saying that GotG should have gone in MK, and Tron should have gone in Epcot, but it really wouldn't make sense to have to ride in each park that share so many similarities so close to each other. As it is there will be comparisons by guests the same way guests often think Seas with Nemo and Little Mermaid are practically the same rides.

Reactions: frank_1991_
Since we're getting close to opening and POVs are out I'm designating this as the official General Discussion thread.

I have created a new thread for reviews, large photo posts, videos, and spoilers.

I like a lot of this ride's concepts, but some of its execution just doesn't feel amazing to me yet. The personality of Mission Breakout is something that I kind of feel is missing here. On the other hand, it looks like a ride that you cannot judge fully by the POVs.

Reactions: Pacific
From watching the full POV, I think my biggest gripe is the story

Not to beat a dead horse, but this could have easily taken place in the "Universe of Energy" pavilion, and with some clever writing, could have included some educational aspects in the pre-show.

It feels like it leans a bit too much in the "sci-fi" direction for me

Also, I'm not sure what the motivations of the giant robot thing is

I really can't judge the coaster as you really have to ride it, but it does seem the ride is exactly what I expected

It seems like it cost way too much, took way too long, and took resources that could have been spread around Epcot much better

Either way, I'm glad Epcot has a coaster

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
From watching the full POV, I think my biggest gripe is the story

Not to beat a dead horse, but this could have easily taken place in the "Universe of Energy" pavilion, and with some clever writing, could have included some educational aspects in the pre-show.

It feels like it leans a bit too much in the "sci-fi" direction for me

Also, I'm not sure what the motivations of the giant robot thing is

I really can't judge the coaster as you really have to ride it, but it does seem the ride is exactly what I expected

It seems like it cost way too much, took way too long, and took resources that could have been spread around Epcot much better

Either way, I'm glad Epcot has a coaster

I didn't know that you could hear wind in space. Must be solar winds that are buffeting the ship.

Upon viewing a much better pre-show recording the story is becoming a bit more clear

I think it's decent for sure...I still am not terribly thrilled by the overall story, but whatevs