Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For anyone who has been on the ride, how strict are they about filming and photos? To my understanding, is a line in the pre show that kind of prohibits recording and the use of having communication devices out, however I am seeing a lot of videos and photos being posted from within the ride.
I saw people ask and were told they could film. No one put there yet phones away after the preshow told us to. CMs we’re cool with it. I even looked at the CM nearest me and he shook his head like, nah it’s fine.

Ok, so dumb question, will this have single rider line?
No. Singles get sorted out just prior to load, similar to FoP.

For the passholder previews is it a one and done or can you get rerides?
Depends on who you ask, so maybe depends on how busy they are for that slot? Seems to be one and done going forward though.

Reactions: MikePat and sjago13
For anyone who has been on the ride, how strict are they about filming and photos? To my understanding, is a line in the pre show that kind of prohibits recording and the use of having communication devices out, however I am seeing a lot of videos and photos being posted from within the ride.

Virtually no enforcement. I was able to film with my camera without any problem. I was worried about the ride being intense enough that I would need to hold on to the restraint at any point, but had no issues with that. And people have put out some pretty high quality POVs with what I assume are pretty hefty cameras, so you should be good!

There's only one mention of putting your phones/devices away and its by Terry Crew's character, but his delivery is half-hearted and light and NOT backed up by CMs in the room with you that it can only be interpreted as a joke. Most of the actors for this ride are not doing their best acting...

When riding this the other day I didn't see anywhere for a single rider line, which sucks. They do have two lines going to each side at the bottom of the ramp down to load but I assume that's and odd/even line and they plan to just use that means to fill the trains? I think that's what they do at slinky.

When riding this the other day I didn't see anywhere for a single rider line, which sucks. They do have two lines going to each side at the bottom of the ramp down to load but I assume that's and odd/even line and they plan to just use that means to fill the trains? I think that's what they do at slinky.
They put all single riders down one of those paths to make it easier to find them when groupers need them. But they hardly needed them the few times I’ve been in there so far.

At least they're being proactive instead of reactive this time:

IMO this should work like Transformer's extended when it has to extend into the street

Also it's kind of silly why they just refuse to build extended queues

Interesting thing I just noticed watching a pov video is that the minimum time between launches is 45 seconds. The first launch is delayed in the video (assuming due to blocking) and later in that video you can see another train go though the final warp hole and 45 seconds later the pov rain goes though that warp hole. Assuming the launch was held due to blocking would mean that theoretical hourly capacity would be 1600 riders per hour.

Reactions: shiekra38
Interesting thing I just noticed watching a pov video is that the minimum time between launches is 45 seconds. The first launch is delayed in the video (assuming due to blocking) and later in that video you can see another train go though the final warp hole and 45 seconds later the pov rain goes though that warp hole. Assuming the launch was held due to blocking would mean that theoretical hourly capacity would be 1600 riders per hour.
I've watched a few POVs and most of them have stopped at some point during the ride

Interestingly they have some extended audio during the lift sequence before the first backwards launch

I'd use a single rider line just to skip the preshows...

So, here is my question for those of you who have been on the coaster. Is it worth the price tag?
What Disney must have spent on it, no. But they overspend on everything...

It's a fun, solid ride, and a needed new addition, but it's really Space Mountain 2.0.

Maybe it was just my ride, but I found the projections to be really poor considering the availability of state of the art projection systems and digital animations.

Not to play the companies against each other further, but if Universal had built this you'd hear nothing but complaints it's all screens. Since Disney did it "it's the BEST!". And, not a knock on Universal, this really feels like a Universal ride more than a Disney ride, which I guess was Disney's point in building it since they keep losing market share to Universal because Disney is perceived as "not thrilling/boring" for families with children over the age of 8.

Last edited:

It's a fun, solid ride, and a needed new addition, but it's really Space Mountain 2.0.

Maybe it was just my ride, but I found the projections to be really poor considering the availability of state of the art projection systems and digital animations.

Not to play the companies against each other further, but if Universal had built this you'd hear nothing but complaints it's all screens. Since Disney did it "it's the BEST!". And, not a knock on Universal, this really feels like a Universal ride more than a Disney ride, which I guess was Disney's point in building it since they keep loosing market share to Universal because Disney is perceived as "not thrilling/boring" for families with children over the age of 8.
I agree with every word of this.

Not to play the companies against each other further, but if Universal had built this you'd hear nothing but complaints it's all screens. Since Disney did it "it's the BEST!". And, not a knock on Universal, this really feels like a Universal ride more than a Disney ride, which I guess was Disney's point in building it since they keep loosing market share to Universal because Disney is perceived as "not thrilling/boring" for families with children over the age of 8.
If we're being real, between Cosmic Rewind, Mission: Space, Test Track, Soarin, Nemo, Ratatouille, Three Cabs, FEA (although FEA at least has a decent amount of AA's), and Soarin, along with the screen based shows in the park such as 360 shows, Turtle Talk, Impressions, and Awesome Planet, Epcot pretty much has a worse screen problem than USF.

The only difference is the rides are more spread out (and only one 3D ride) so by the time you get to the next attraction, it's not as noticeable that everything in the park is essentially screen-based. USF is smaller and most screen rides are right on to of each other at the front of the park, so it makes it very apparent right away.

If we're being real, between Cosmic Rewind, Mission: Space, Test Track, Soarin, Nemo, Ratatouille, Three Cabs, FEA (although FEA at least has a decent amount of AA's), and Soarin, along with the screen based shows in the park such as 360 shows, Turtle Talk, Impressions, and Awesome Planet, Epcot pretty much has a worse screen problem than USF. The only difference is the rides are more spread out (and only one 3D ride) so by the time you get to the next attraction, it's not as noticeable that everything in the park is essentially screen-based. USF is smaller and most screen rides are right on to of each other at the front of the park, so it makes it very apparent right away.

I still stand on my soap box that it's not the screens it's the plot points and tropes are always the same with the USF ones.

USF has a plot points and tropes problems while Epcot and arguably almost all of the newest Disney rides have a screen problem. The latter of the two problems might be worse in my opinion because in cases like Cosmic Rewind one of the biggest complaints I hear about the attraction is how without any animatronics the ride lacks that proper emotional and relatable factor that it's west coast Guardians attraction features.

I continue to believe that USF and Epcot are really the counterpart parks for their respective resorts.

If we're being real, between Cosmic Rewind, Mission: Space, Test Track, Soarin, Nemo, Ratatouille, Three Cabs, FEA (although FEA at least has a decent amount of AA's), and Soarin, along with the screen based shows in the park such as 360 shows, Turtle Talk, Impressions, and Awesome Planet, Epcot pretty much has a worse screen problem than USF.
I'd quibble with Test Track and Frozen being thrown in there, but otherwise the point is well-taken.

I think what also helps Epcot avoid (somewhat) the feeling of being screens central is that the entirety of World Showcase (a huge space in itself) kind of serves as a series of environmental experiences where just walking around and soaking up the atmosphere, architecture, food & beverage, and shops essentially is its own kind of attraction.

I still stand on my soap box that it's not the screens it's the plot points and tropes are always the same with the USF ones.

The moment I saw them re-using the freefall gag again on Gringotts was the moment I mentally checked-out of that ride.

If the park had added even one new dark ride (in the more classic style) since 2000, I'd be a lot more forgiving of the re-used beats and gags on the screen/projection-heavy rides. But since that's all that's been added... :shrug:

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
So, here is my question for those of you who have been on the coaster. Is it worth the price tag?

did you have to pay for it? I never understood this obsession with construction budget. There are so many factors when it comes to budget, materials , and labor that comparing a ride bullt in 2010 to one in 2022 is meaningless.

anyway…. Epcot needed a new ride , and it replaced one of the least popular rides in the park. A ride people literally used to fall asleep on.

do I wish Disney through in a couple AAs? Sure, but I’m also quite certain the ride will be fun, and please most audiences. Which is exactly what Disney wants from a new attraction.