Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been getting wind of what the actual story is, and hmmm. I can see why they were initially not letting CM's see the pre-show, even though it's a plot-device/element which is really not new with Disney.

However, when it comes to other elements, if what I'm hearing is true, it actually makes the song list flat-out disappointing. A complete they -didn't- understand the assignment kind of disappointing.

Can I ask a dumb question

I guess because its free Ad's they let others film but why not just release a official ride through? And not just for this but every ride....literally every ride has one but Disney could make ones where you can really see the details because they can film with different angles and slow the vehicles down

Can I ask a dumb question

I guess because its free Ad's they let others film but why not just release a official ride through? And not just for this but every ride....literally every ride has one but Disney could make ones where you can really see the details because they can film with different angles and slow the vehicles down

Taking a guess here, but I think there might be a lot of rights issues with audio/video they don't own. For Guardians they probably don't have the rights to the songs for YouTube. For something like Pirates it might be they don't have the rights for some voices or something. Just a guess.

It’s the best ride at WDW. It’s the perfect blend of family coaster thrills, projections, special effects and storytelling. This will replace RofR as the ride to do at WDW.
Maybe in that it's the shiny new thing, but I am very skeptical that people who have been on both RotR and GotG will think Cosmic Rewind better. My expectations are kinda tempered tbh. If I find it more fun than RNRC or ToT, I may still be surprised. As a full experience, from what we know, I just find it really hard to see myself liking it better than RotR.

Glad you liked it, I just don't think we should go crazy here and set expectations too high.

Reactions: Tobias and Freak
Nice, the gatekeeping is ahead of schedule.
I can understand the logic of liking GotG: CR over RotR if you prefer roller coasters, but if someone tells me that an indoor coaster that’s literally all screens in an indoor black box over a spectacular trackless dark ride with awesome practical effects, I think I’m going to take their review with a grain of salt. I’m glad they enjoyed it, but I’m not going to really believe it is the best ride at WDW.

Also if enough people say it’s the best ride at WDW, Disney is gonna be like, “Hey, we don’t need to invest in AAs and practical effects! We can just do a ride full of screens and people will come pay out or repriced admission and Lightning Lane anyway!”

Reactions: therock
Obviously like how someone think big thunder mountain is better than POTC

this ride will be loved by many but ROTR is literally the most detailed and high tech ride they have ever made
That for now is just a fact

I can understand the logic of liking GotG: CR over RotR if you prefer roller coasters, but if someone tells me that an indoor coaster that’s literally all screens in an indoor black box over a spectacular trackless dark ride with awesome practical effects, I think I’m going to take their review with a grain of salt. I’m glad they enjoyed it, but I’m not going to really believe it is the best ride at WDW.

Also if enough people say it’s the best ride at WDW, Disney is gonna be like, “Hey, we don’t need to invest in AAs and practical effects! We can just do a ride full of screens and people will come pay out or repriced admission and Lightning Lane anyway!”

I’m not going to pretend to like Seven Dwarves Mine Train more than Big Thunder Mountain because it has animatronics in it. I’m not going to pretend to like Soarin more than Flight of Passage because it cost less money. I’ll take the most FUN ride you can give me 10 times out of 10. Once everyone here has given it a ride, then yeah by all means open up the discussion but to make an assumption standing outside of the building and use that as the basis for the few actual reviews we have is just counterproductive.

I’m not going to pretend to like Seven Dwarves Mine Train more than Big Thunder Mountain because it has animatronics in it. I’m not going to pretend to like Soarin more than Flight of Passage because it cost less money. I’ll take the most FUN ride you can give me 10 times out of 10. Once everyone here has given it a ride, then yeah by all means open up the discussion but to make an assumption standing outside of the building and use that as the basis for the few actual reviews we have is just counterproductive.
that’s cool but most people have be ridden ROTR with are cheering, laughing, taking pictures and having a wonderful time

It’s fine to prefer a ride over another but let’s not pretend ROTR isn’t one of the best attractions ever made and is also fun

Nice, the gatekeeping is ahead of schedule.

My comment was not meant to be gatekeeping in anyway.
Just an opinion after riding 4 times. I love RofR and it’s was not intended to diminish that amazing ride.
Both rides have their strengths. I just found the additional thrill element to be an added plus for Guardians.
The good news is you can’t go wrong with either ride. They are some the best rides in the world and they both are at WDW along with Flight of Passage.
Win, win, win.

How is everyone feeling about softs? Seems like they have a pretty generous amount of AP & Cast Member previews which makes me think there won't be any, unfortunately.

My comment was not meant to be gatekeeping in anyway.
Just an opinion after riding 4 times. I love RofR and it’s was not intended to diminish that amazing ride.
Both rides have their strengths. I just found the additional thrill element to be an added plus for Guardians.
The good news is you can’t go wrong with either ride. They are some the best rides in the world and they both are at WDW along with Flight of Passage.
Win, win, win.

No, that wasn’t directed at you. I really appreciate your review and am glad you came on to share it! Looking forward to getting to ride it myself and hopefully having the same opinion

Reactions: ragerunner
How is everyone feeling about softs? Seems like they have a pretty generous amount of AP & Cast Member previews which makes me think there won't be any, unfortunately.
Last time we got public softs was TSL, and even that was just for 5 hours. I’m not holding my breath.

I've been getting wind of what the actual story is, and hmmm.
I've heard the full story is pretty meh. Nothing beyond that but I also don't know how a coaster is supposed to have a storyline beyond what can be captured in half a sentence, like "we built a coaster in the raptor paddock" or "whoops, you went into the Forbidden Forest."

I've heard the full story is pretty meh. Nothing beyond that but I also don't know how a coaster is supposed to have a storyline beyond what can be captured in half a sentence, like "we built a coaster in the raptor paddock" or "whoops, you went into the Forbidden Forest."
“Best implementation of a linear story on a roller coaster I’ve seen” -A Friend that’s ridden a few times