Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

I keep hearing that, and it certainly may be true, but why is Conga still heard playing in the clip at the start???

The soundtrack isn't selected until the launch sequence is initiated.... so I'm wondering if the launch was aborted but the song still played on?

I don't expect any changes, there isn't too much Disney could do realistically.

The soundtrack isn't selected until the launch sequence is initiated.... so I'm wondering if the launch was aborted but the song still played on?

I don't expect any changes, there isn't too much Disney could do realistically.
And that's my point... seems unlikely they had been sitting for 20 mins if the song is still playing when this recording starts. Unless it's a glitch.

EDIT: I obviously don't know the whole story. They coulda been stalled before this scene too for all we know. I just wonder why the song would be playing unless the cars had only been stopped within that location less than 3 minutes.

I really feel like it's not that hard to make something fun for this. Would it be that difficult for Disney to license Rockin around the Christmas Tree, Run Run Rudolph, Wonderful Christmastime, etc? Just some upbeat classic Christmas tunes under the standard dialogue and you've got something okay for a month or two.

It was a bad song. If you’re going to do a holiday overlay, you need to have songs that people actually know or at least are good. I would guess they got poor feedback regarding the original song that was made for the ride.
And if you’re doing an original song, why not the one from the Christmas Special you’re trying to promote?

Last edited:
I know there was some rumblings regarding getting rid of VQ (Cannot believe it’s still in VQ this whole time especially with Tron). What happened with that?
we've been thinking the same thing. here's a graph of the "distribution end" for the afternoon dispersal — it's trending later, but I have no idea if that impacts their decision making. here's the link if you'd like to check my work — data is from our good friends at thrill-data.

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 9.54.56 AM.png
edit: "we" being my partner and I because ... we'd really like to go on this more than once when we go to epcot in september.

Looking forward to going back on this Friday! Dumb question, but Virtual Queue opens at 7:00AM the day of right? I’m not as Disney-Park savy as I used to be so I want to make sure I’m doing it right.

I will also ride Tron on Monday (Or at least hope to!) Process for that should be the same as Guardians correct?

Looking forward to going back on this Friday! Dumb question, but Virtual Queue opens at 7:00AM the day of right? I’m not as Disney-Park savy as I used to be so I want to make sure I’m doing it right.

I will also ride Tron on Monday (Or at least hope to!) Process for that should be the same as Guardians correct?
You’ve got it! Hope you have a great time.