Halloween 2020 Merchandise | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween 2020 Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else notice on the online store, and the rest of the merch, they've removed all the "30 Years, 30 Fears" slogan? I'm glad I got my shirts when it was still on there! I know they're probably saving it for next year when it'll still be the 30th anniversary but still.

PS: If this has already been discussed, sorry, the other pages aren't loading for me at the moment.

The vinyl is now $300 on eBay. I don't do vinyl, but I would like the buy the music either digitally or CD.

It does say specifically Limited Edition Red Vinyl, so switch to any other color and UO can get that money.

The vinyl is now $300 on eBay. I don't do vinyl, but I would like the buy the music either digitally or CD.

It does say specifically Limited Edition Red Vinyl, so switch to any other color and UO can get that money.
I would say another Vinyl would be unfair to everyone that bought it. A CD would be another option that could be good but I also think that they will release the music on Spotify later

• Angry
Reactions: londonwerecat
I would say another Vinyl would be unfair to everyone that bought it. A CD would be another option that could be good but I also think that they will release the music on Spotify later

Not unfair at all, that's kinda how the market is right now. There were about 10 different variants for Halloween (2018) OST. Many new records come out nowadays and it has several variants on launch day (Indie retail, Urban Outfitters variants, webstore variant, etc). Even videogame soundtracks and cartoon soundtracks come out with 2-3 variants (the Hey Arnold soundtrack released in july had 3 variants and 1 test pressing variant). Almost every album in the world has at least one colored variant.

Not unfair at all, that's kinda how the market is right now. There were about 10 different variants for Halloween (2018) OST. Many new records come out nowadays and it has several variants on launch day (Indie retail, Urban Outfitters variants, webstore variant, etc). Even videogame soundtracks and cartoon soundtracks come out with 2-3 variants (the Hey Arnold soundtrack released in july had 3 variants and 1 test pressing variant). Almost every album in the world has at least one colored variant.
I have nothing against another Version but if they sell it as limited Vinyl then it should be limited and not just another Vinyl with color

It is limited to 500 in red. IF they do another pressing they could just do a mass release in black, or maybe a variant of a different color limited to 1000 or a different number. That's how it's usually done. Trust me, the limited to 500 will not lose much of its value if they do a second pressing. When Billie Eilish's first EP got released on vinyl it sold out and it sky rocketed in price, and then the red version came out that was available everywhere, but the yellow is still sold at high prices because collectors are aware that the color was limited.

Now, if they do another pressing in red, then yeah that would be unfair, but since they are all hand numbered I don't see a second red pressing happening.

Apparently the original idea for the LE vinyl was going to be 1000 but marketing dumbed it down to 500, I guess I heard they might have a batch available today in the store, idk how true that is but it could be possible like mentioned before with high demand, also Fright Nights 1991 pin is now available in the store, I forgot to mention it and get it, I was too focused like everyone else was on snagging a vinyl lol.

Reactions: londonwerecat
That tri-color one is awesome! Hoping to score one. Quite an expensive week for vinyl collectors with RSD on saturday lol

Apparently the original idea for the LE vinyl was going to be 1000 but marketing dumbed it down to 500, I guess I heard they might have a batch available today in the store, idk how true that is but it could be possible like mentioned before with high demand, also Fright Nights 1991 pin is now available in the store, I forgot to mention it and get it, I was too focused like everyone else was on snagging a vinyl lol.
Marketing is a curse on this event.

I mean Universal is basically putting out as much as they can and have available for this year and I'm sure majority of stuff is being shelved for next year's line of merch with hopeful upgrades or something but yeah I don't think they were expecting to sell out that vinyl immediately as for the tri-color or Italian looking import as one of my friends called it, it's not real, but honestly, I wouldn't pass it if marketing looks at it and tries to make it actually happen lol.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.